Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

7 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Absolutely fucking dumb. Hudson isn't even in the same stratosphere as Garrett Wilson, Jaylen Waddle, Jaxson Smith-Njigba, or even Ceedee Lamb. 

Im probably not gonna put too much stock in a 22 year old talking about the last 20 years of football.

• Haha 4

20 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

I have no idea the origin of that Twitter beef and what “Junior corner vs. unproven freshman” refers to, but Hudson showed absolutely nothing in the UA game. Granted, he was on the shit team, but he didn’t do anything to make them better.

Here's the prior tweet in that convos

• Hook 'Em 7

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

How have our guys looked in this all star game?

Owens hasn't played yet.

I only noticed 1 attempt to Wingo, but the throw was out of bounds.
Tyanthony Smith got beat on a wheel route for a touchdown.

Kern had a punt blocked, but it wasn't really his fault.

16 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Going off his 247 profile that got updated, looks like TyAnthony Smith checked in at 6-0.5 ft., 185 lbs.

Hopefully he's able to put on significant (he'll have to add almost 1/6 of his current weight to play at ~215 lbs.) good weight. Seems much more likely we end up with another Mo Blackwell-ish tweener.

4 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

Guys I’m not sure our developmental last minute LB add can gain 20lbs in 2-3 years. I’m concerned. 

He either can be Trevell Johnson or Nick Martin. Trevell couldn’t get on the field for Louisiana Monroe in 2023, in the portal again. Nick Martin is now one of the most explosive linebackers in the country for Oklahoma State after one season of development. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CastHorn said:

He either can be Trevell Johnson or Nick Martin. Trevell couldn’t get on the field for Louisiana Monroe in 2023, in the portal again. Nick Martin is now one of the most explosive linebackers in the country for Oklahoma State after one season of development. 

He shouldn't expect to see the field in 2024 or at minimum for his 4 games to preserve his redshirt. Luckily we are in a position we can do that now and not have to force players in too early. His best attributes is his instincts....once the physical catches up to the mental for him he is going to be really good. 

1 hour ago, CastHorn said:

Martin is one guy Id like to see in the portal.

On 1/6/2024 at 3:00 PM, Getafix said:

Lulz ... check out who's on THIS list!

So running at top speed past that block you were suppose to make gets you a high grade? I guess the best this can be is a hustle grade. In soccer these type numbers seem to verify that the guy everyone thinks is a lazzy ass midfielder is actually the guy that ran the least and moved the slowest.

45 minutes ago, tokamak said:

Saban done. We can has Ryan Williams?

Maybe the Saban retirement simply shakes everything to its core, but the thinking prior to it was that Williams' camp was using Texas as a means of ensuring they were getting top dollar from either Bama or Auburn eventually. Texas still wants the visit, but I don't think we should be very bullish. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

One of the things I like about the Aussies is that their Aussie Rules backgrounds usually mean they're big and can fuck up a returner who gets through the coverage team and thinks he's home free.
Dicko wasn't a great tackler, but he damn sure tried to mix it up when he got the chance.