Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

2 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Oh boy, Jason Suchomel is saying today that TTU insiders are confident AF about getting Michah Hudson the same way they were cocky about getting Ewers in the portal after the 2021 regular season. 

Jesus not this again.

This recruitment is 995's drama de'jour for this cycle. 

One thing Sark has done that I very much appreciate, he's shifted the drama of wr recruiting to his game day apparel. 

1 minute ago, Goodman said:

This recruitment is 995's drama de'jour for this cycle. 

One thing Sark has done that I very much appreciate, he's shifted the drama of wr recruiting to his game day apparel. 

Yup. Nice thing is he's far more of a nice-to-have than a need-to-have. And that's if the rumors about him being slower than you'd expect from a 5 star aren't true.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Shut the fuck up, Ketch, you worthless piece rhinoceros shit. No one here gives a fuck about you or your paid fluffer Jason Suchomel. For the 500th time, stop fucking posting here, no one likes you, no one thinks you contribute shit, and no one is going to go sub to your piece of shit Rivals website. Also, take a bath, we can smell your unwashed taint through the computer screen. 

P.S. Fuck You. 

Jeeze, dude. Take a chill pill. You may be taking these internet forums a bit too personally for you own good.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, texifornia said:

He's been an LSU commit for over a year.

IT's article indicates he may not stick at WR, and his 100m time isn't great. Not sure I see much upside in spending lots of time on this guy, unless his tape is just finomenal. 

https://www.on3.com/teams/texas-longhorns/news/2024-lsu-commit-sets-texas-official-visit/

28 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Jeeze, dude. Take a chill pill. You may be taking these internet forums a bit too personally for you own good.

After they shut down the baby monkey webcam at the zoo, this is all he has left. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

He's been an LSU commit for over a year.

IT's article indicates he may not stick at WR, and his 100m time isn't great. Not sure I see much upside in spending lots of time on this guy, unless his tape is just finomenal. 

https://www.on3.com/teams/texas-longhorns/news/2024-lsu-commit-sets-texas-official-visit/

I'm not really seeing a P5 guy on his hudl. Not sure why we are pursuing. 

5 hours ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Oh boy, Jason Suchomel is saying today that TTU insiders are confident AF about getting Michah Hudson the same way they were cocky about getting Ewers in the portal after the 2021 regular season. 

Jesus not this again.

little-boy-calculator.gif.926544360dd58746a36e0c4daa105023.gif

Edited by Bevo14
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Shut the fuck up, Ketch, you worthless piece rhinoceros shit. No one here gives a fuck about you or your paid fluffer Jason Suchomel. For the 500th time, stop fucking posting here, no one likes you, no one thinks you contribute shit, and no one is going to go sub to your piece of shit Rivals website. Also, take a bath, we can smell your unwashed taint through the computer screen. 

P.S. Fuck You. 

I know fat Ketch’s ex-dentist in Austin. Says he was a complete drug seeker because of pain from ground down teeth. Not making this up. Too much holy macaroni I guess. And ham.

• Haha 1

On 5/16/2023 at 6:35 PM, Elmer_Fudd said:

Yep, texags has been pumping him up as the top LB in Texas and on the coaches board.  Say he is a must get.

It would be great to break their spirit again after Hill. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Taking an OV June 16th weekend, On3 prediction machine seems to think we land him.

https://www.on3.com/db/eugene-brooks-43116/

Eugene Brooks earns Under Armour Camp OL MVP honors and has four schools standing out

Chatsworth (Calif.) Sierra Canyon offensive lineman Eugene Brooks took home OL MVP honors after a dominant showing at Sunday’s Under Armour Next Camp.

Greg BigginsGreg BigginsApr 3rd, 3:28 PM

Chatsworth (Calif.) Sierra Canyon offensive lineman Eugene Brooks took home OL MVP honors after a dominant showing at Sunday’s Under Armour Next Camp.

If we’ve seen it once, we’ve seen it 100 times, Brooks does not lose reps at football camps or 5v5 competitions. We’ve been watching Brooks since he was a freshman playing at Las Vegas (Nev.) Desert Pines and can count on less than one hand how many one on one reps he has lost.

He’s a naturally strong kid with good feet and is tough to beat with a bull rush or a speed rush. He took reps at guard and tackle and won most of his reps with an opposing defensive lineman not even getting past the line of scrimmage.

At the next level, we like him as a guard and he has the wide body and toughness to dominate on the interior. He plays with some nastiness and is one of those players that is never fun to go up against, even in a camp setting.

On the recruiting front, Brooks said there’s four schools high on his list that he feels are also prioritizing him. That would be Oregon, Georgia, Texas and USC and Brooks broke down what stands out about each program:

Oregon- “I’ve been up to Oregon a few times and have developed a good relationship with the coaches there. I’m going to visit again later this Spring but don’t have a date set yet. The coaching staff is great and I like the direction the program is going. I love the campus and the facilities and always feel comfortable there.”

Georgia- “Georgia offered me when I was just a freshman and I love their program. I visited last summer and I’ll be back there later this week on the 6th and really excited about it. Obviously i’m very close with D Hill (David Hill, former Desert Pines coach, UGA assistant) but I like the rest of the staff too and obviously they’re really rolling right now.”

Texas- “I’ve never visited Texas but I’ll planning to visit for their Spring Game. That’s the one school on my list I haven’t seen so I’m sure after that trip, I’ll have a lot more to say about them. For now, I have a lot of interest and know about their tradition and how big football is in Texas. I like the coaching staff and I’m excited to see how comfortable I am and how well I fit in there.”

USC- “USC is recruiting me really hard and I’ve been able to build a really strong relationship with them over the last year. I’ve been up there a lot already and I’ll be back for the Spring Game. I like Lincoln Riley and the direction the team is going and USC is a great school and I like them a lot.”

As for a commitment timeframe, Brooks said he’s in no rush right now.

“I want to go through the process and take my visits,” Brooks said. “I want to take some visits during the season and then when i feel ready, I’ll go ahead and make my commitment.”

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Bevo said:

Eugene Brooks earns Under Armour Camp OL MVP honors and has four schools standing out

Greg BigginsGreg BigginsApr 3rd, 3:28 PM

If we’ve seen it once, we’ve seen it 100 times, Brooks does not lose reps at football camps or 5v5 competitions. We’ve been watching Brooks since he was a freshman playing at Las Vegas (Nev.) Desert Pines and can count on less than one hand how many one on one reps he has lost.

He’s a naturally strong kid with good feet and is tough to beat with a bull rush or a speed rush. He took reps at guard and tackle and won most of his reps with an opposing defensive lineman not even getting past the line of scrimmage.

At the next level, we like him as a guard and he has the wide body and toughness to dominate on the interior. He plays with some nastiness and is one of those players that is never fun to go up against, even in a camp setting.

On the recruiting front, Brooks said there’s four schools high on his list that he feels are also prioritizing him. That would be Oregon, Georgia, Texas and USC and Brooks broke down what stands out about each program:

Oregon- “I’ve been up to Oregon a few times and have developed a good relationship with the coaches there. I’m going to visit again later this Spring but don’t have a date set yet. The coaching staff is great and I like the direction the program is going. I love the campus and the facilities and always feel comfortable there.”

Georgia- “Georgia offered me when I was just a freshman and I love their program. I visited last summer and I’ll be back there later this week on the 6th and really excited about it. Obviously i’m very close with D Hill (David Hill, former Desert Pines coach, UGA assistant) but I like the rest of the staff too and obviously they’re really rolling right now.”

Texas- “I’ve never visited Texas but I’ll planning to visit for their Spring Game. That’s the one school on my list I haven’t seen so I’m sure after that trip, I’ll have a lot more to say about them. For now, I have a lot of interest and know about their tradition and how big football is in Texas. I like the coaching staff and I’m excited to see how comfortable I am and how well I fit in there.”

USC- “USC is recruiting me really hard and I’ve been able to build a really strong relationship with them over the last year. I’ve been up there a lot already and I’ll be back for the Spring Game. I like Lincoln Riley and the direction the team is going and USC is a great school and I like them a lot.”

As for a commitment timeframe, Brooks said he’s in no rush right now.

“I want to go through the process and take my visits,” Brooks said. “I want to take some visits during the season and then when i feel ready, I’ll go ahead and make my commitment.”

His film looks great, and has offers from Texas, Georgia, USC, etc. Not sure what the deal is with his rating.

image.png.5d09c0dc56a7782be314d1c71c037323.png

• texifornia changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls