Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

8 hours ago, closetojumping said:

The dude is rumored to have similar issues to Chris Marshall when he was in high school. If he's in the 2024 class for Texas, I'll be shocked.

Gerry just agreed that Modden likely wont be in the class. He danced around saying basically what you're saying here. Think we can all agree now that he likely won't be in the class come NSD 

1 hour ago, Mason Ramsey said:

Gerry just agreed that Modden likely wont be in the class. He danced around saying basically what you're saying here. Think we can all agree now that he likely won't be in the class come NSD 

Gerry just agreed? Is he reading CTJ’s posts and selling it for 9.95? I should do that!

45 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Assuming we’re talking about Sean Weatherspoon, his college fb career ended 14 years ago.

Christ, why does ever single thing have to remind me that I’m old. 

Dont worry, if it hasn't already your body will start reminding you soon enough. Multiple times a day, in fact. 

• Rage+1 3

1 hour ago, UncleSonny said:

Assuming we’re talking about Sean Weatherspoon, his college fb career ended 14 years ago.

Christ, why does ever single thing have to remind me that I’m old. 

His last year in the NFL was in 2017, but yeah.

4 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Dont worry, if it hasn't already your body will start reminding you soon enough. Multiple times a day, in fact. 

Fuck you for reminding me about this. I pulled/tore/popped a bicep a few weeks ago pushing my kid on a fucking merry go round of all things. Don’t worry, I already called myself a pussy.

• Haha 7

The Huddle: Wednesday recruiting notes

Hudson Standish

The message on DBs ... 

Video gif. Kool Aid Man bursts through a wall with "Yeah" written on it, and runs towards us at full speed.

"Now Blake Gideon and Terry Joseph have an opportunity to "sweep the board" in a similar way for the 2024 cycle ... "

Spoiler

The Huddle: Wednesday recruiting notes

Hudson Standish

— The Texas coaching staff has been all over the country as spring ball and offseason strength and conditioning get into full swing and the Horns were represented in the Southern Sector of DFW today as defensive coordinator Pete Kwiatkowski stopped by Red Oak High School according to a source. Texas has offers out to three underclassmen at Red Oak including Top247 EDGE Kamauryn Morgan who told 247Sports' Andrew Hattersly that he would visit Texas on June 3rd for an unofficial visit.

Kwiatkowski spent the majority of the time at Red Oak watching Morgan according to a source, but also spent time evaluating 2024 LB Zach Smith who we previously reported was a potential contingency at linebacker.

In addition to the underclassmen PK viewed at Red Oak, the Texas DC also got a chance to catch up with 2023 defensive back signee Warren Roberson who will enroll at Texas in the Summer. 

— In the 2022 cycle Kyle Flood recruited through the whistle and landed nearly every priority he wanted across the offensive line. In the following cycle, Jeff Choate flexed his recruiting muscles by grabbing the top four targets on his board in Anthony Hill, Liona Lefau, Derion Gullette, and S'Maje Burrell. 

Now Blake Gideon and Terry Joseph have an opportunity to "sweep the board" in a similar way for the 2024 cycle as the Longhorns are in promising spots for a number of elite defensive backs. On3's Sam Spiegelman first reported that Waco Connally five-star Kobe Black will take an unofficial visit to Texas this weekend before his eventual OV on the June 23rd through the 25th weekend. Black has been a Texas lean for a while, but the Horns will have to hold off Ohio State and others to seal the deal for the local blue-chipper.

Another CenTex DB that the Horns have done a tremendous job recruiting is Lake Belton CB Selman Bridges. While Black could eventually move to safety, Bridges is a corner all the way and fits the ideal body type the Texas staff is looking for on the outside at 6-foot-3 with a plus wingspan. Texas has made sure Bridges and his family know how massive of a priority he is for them and it's hard for me to imagine another school jumping the Horns at the moment.

Lancaster cornerback Corian Gipson is another versatile piece that Texas has treated as a priority and while sources on the Texas side have remained confident on landing Gipson, differing sources in DFW continue to hear that Clemson leads right now. Ultimately this could come down to Gipson and his family's comfort level leaving home even though Gipson himself has stated on the record numerous times that he has no problem going out of state for college.

One name that always seems to get lost in the mix is 247Sports' No. 104 player in the country and Texas commit Hunter Moddon. We've previously reported that Moddon is likely going to end up as a DB at Texas and the four-star from the greater Houston area remains adamant that he's locked in with the Longhorns

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

June 23-25 pool party is about to be lit af.

Best class scenario updated from IT, hope it pastes correctly.

Spoiler

The Texas Longhorns continue to play the patient game in the 2024 cycle as expected with a third straight On3 Consensus team ranking top 5 class the goal.

Steve Sarkisian and staff are set to host at least 35 prospects for official visits in June, with 25 of those being 5-stars and 4-stars. 

Inside Texas offers up the Best Class Scenario for the Longhorns prior to the huge month of June. We currently have 26 prospects on a list that will continue to change headed into the June 16th official visit weekend. The 25 prospects on the BCS are made up of four 5-stars, 15 4-stars and six 3-stars with rankings continuing to fluctuate until January of 2024. 

Quarterback

Trey Owens, Cypress (Texas) Cy Fair – #AllGasNoBrakes
On3 Industry Ranking: No. 468, No. 25 QB
Note: Committed to Texas January 11, 2023

Running back

Jerrick Gibson, Gainesville (Fla.) IMG Academy
On3 Industry Ranking: No. 37 (4-star), No. 1 RB
Note: Official visits scheduled to Georgia June 2-4, Miami June 9-11, Tennessee June 16-18 and Texas June 23-25.

Christian Clark, Phoenix (Ariz.) Mountain Pointe
On3 Industry Ranking: No. 264 (4-star), No. 21 RB
Note: Official visits to USC May 19-21, Texas June 16-18 and Georgia June 23-25

Wide receiver

Micah Hudson, Temple (Texas) Lake Belton
On3 Industry Ranking: No. 4 (5-star), No. 2 WR
Note: June official visits are expected to Texas Tech and Texas, and possibly others. 

Bryant Wesco, Midlothian (Texas) High
On3 Industry Ranking: No. 30 (4-star), No. 9 WR
Note: Oklahoma remains the favorite ahead of June official visits. The Sooners OV is likely June 16-18. TCU is the No. 2 right now with Texas trying to make up ground. 

Parker Livingstone, WR, Lucas (Texas) Lovejoy
On3 Industry Ranking: No. 361 (4-star), No. 59 WR
Note: Official visits scheduled to South Carolina June 2-4, Arkansas June 9-11 and Texas June 23-25

Tight end

Ryner Swanson, Laguna Beach (Calif.) High
On3 Industry Ranking: No. 331 (4-star), No. 21 TE
Note: Swanson was on campus the weekend of March 25th. The Longhorns are expected to be in the mix for the 6-foot-4, 235-pounder, along with Pac-12 schools, SEC schools and BYU.

Jordan Washington, Houston (Texas) Langham Creek
On3 Industry Ranking: N/R
Note: Official visits scheduled to Utah June 9-11 and Texas June 16-18. Arizona State and UTSA working hard to get OV’s as well. 

Offensive line

Daniel Cruz, IOL, North Richland Hills (Texas) Richland
On3 Industry Ranking: No. 456, No. 30 IOL
Note: Official visits to Ohio State June 2-4, Texas A&M June 9-11, Oklahoma June 16-18 and Texas June 23-25

Makai Saina, IOL, Arlington (Texas) Martin
On3 Industry Ranking: No. 395 (4-star), No. 27 IOL
Note: Official visits scheduled to Texas A&M June 2-4, USC June 9-11 and Texas June 23-25. Nebraska also on watch. 

Ory Williams, OT, San Marcos (Texas) High
On3 Industry Ranking: No. 634, No. 42 OT
Note: Official visits to Oklahoma State April 21-22, Texas A&M June 2-4, LSU June 9-11, Georgia June 16-18 and Texas June 23-25

Nyier Daniels, OT, Oradell (N.J.) Bergen Catholic
On3 Industry Ranking: No. 166, No. 13 OT
Note: Official visits to Florida State June 2-4 and Texas June 23-25. Georgia June official also expected.

Daniel Calhoun, OT, Marietta (Ga.) Walton
On3 Industry Ranking: No. 107 (4-star), No. 7 OT
Note: Official visits to Georgia June 2-4, Alabama June 9-11, Tennessee June 16-18 and Texas June 23-25. 

Defensive line

Alex January, Duncanville (Texas) High
On3 Industry Ranking: No. 600, No. 55 DL
Note: Official visits expected to Oklahoma June 16-18 and Texas June 23-25. 

Terrance Hibbler, Lexington (Miss.) Holmes County
On3 Consensus Ranking: No. 363 (4-star), No. 32 DL
Note: Official visits scheduled to Alabama June 2-4 and Texas June 23-25. Mississippi State also expected. LSU and Auburn possible. 

Jayden Jackson, Brownsburg (Ind.) IMG Academy
On3 Consensus Ranking: No. 648, No. 59 DL
Note: June official visits expected to Florida, Miami, Ohio State and Texas (June 23-25 expected). Oklahoma also possible. 

Dominick McKinley, Lafayette (La.) Arcadia
On3 Consensus Ranking: No. 19 (5-star), No. 4 DL
Note: Official visits scheduled to Ohio State June 2-4, Texas A&M June 9-11, Oklahoma June 16-18 and Texas June 23-25. LSU is expected to receive the last official visit. 

EDGE

Colin Simmons, Duncanville (Texas) High
On3 Industry Ranking: No. 3 (5-star), No. 1 EDGE
Note: Bloodbath SEC recruitment with LSU, Georgia, Texas, Alabama and others throwing punches. The Longhorns are expected to host Simmons for an official June 23-25. 

Zina Umeozulu, Allen (Texas) High
On3 Industry Ranking: No. 149 (4-star), No. 10 EDGE
Note: Umeozulu is expected to make June official visits to Oklahoma and Texas for sure. 

Linebacker

Tyanthony Smith, Jasper (Texas) High
On3 Industry Ranking: No. 333 (4-star), No. 36 LB
Note: Official visits scheduled to Texas A&M June 2-4, USC June 16-18 and Texas June 20-22. 

Dylan Williams, Long Beach (Calif.) Poly
On3 Industry Ranking: No. 110 (4-star), No. 9 LB
Note: Official visits to UCLA May 12-14, Michigan State June 9-11 and Texas June 23-25. USC, Oregon, Miami and Michigan are also in contention. 

Defensive back

Jordon Johnson-Rubell, S, Fort Worth (Texas) IMG Academy 
On3 Industry Ranking: No. 144 (4-star), No. 13 S
Note: Official visits scheduled to USC June 2-4, Alabama June 9-11, Ohio State June 16-18 and Texas June 23-25. TCU trying to secure the fifth June official. 

Kobe Black, CB, Waco (Texas) Connally
On3 Industry Ranking: No. 18 (5-star), No. 2 CB
Note: Black will be in Austin this weekend, and is scheduled to officially visit June 23-25. 

Corian Gipson, CB/DB, Lancaster (Texas) High
On3 Industry Ranking: No. 67 (4-star), No. 5 S
Note: Official visits scheduled to Clemson June 2-4, Alabama June 9-11 and Texas June 23-25. Ohio State also expected. 

Selman Bridges, CB/DB, Temple (Texas) Lake Belton
On3 Industry Ranking: No. 46 (4-star), No. 5 CB
Note: Official visits scheduled to Arkansas June 16-18 and Texas June 23-25. 

Punter

Michael Kern, P, Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas
On3 Industry Ranking: No. 1353 (3-star), No. 5 K/P
Note: Kern will make his official visit to Texas June 16-18.

• Hook 'Em 4

18 hours ago, Vertigo said:

Fuck you for reminding me about this. I pulled/tore/popped a bicep a few weeks ago pushing my kid on a fucking merry go round of all things. Don’t worry, I already called myself a pussy.

We’re so fucked whenever China decides to invade us. 

"Bryant (Ark.) High’s touted defensive lineman TJ Lindsey has locked in his first official visit for Texas for the weekend of June 23."

Touted DL TJ Lindsey excited to get back to Texas for his official
The Longhorns are in the thick of it for one of the nation's most coveted players at the point of attack.
Steve Wiltfong

Spoiler

The Longhorns are in the thick of it for one of the nation's most coveted players at the point of attack.
Steve Wiltfong

Bryant (Ark.) High’s touted defensive lineman TJ Lindsey has locked in his first official visit for Texas for the weekend of June 23.

The Longhorns offered Lindsey back in October and he got a chance to visit in the fall.

“Texas is definitely one of my top hitters,” Lindsey said. ust all the opportunity and potential fits. Everything from Coach (Steve) Sark to Coach (Bo) Davis.”

Lindsey is visiting Miami this weekend and says he’ll drop his Top 10 sometime in the near future.

Other programs Lindsey made spring visits to included Arkansas, Oregon, Notre Dame, LSU, Texas A&M, TCU, SMU, Ole Miss and Missouri.

Lindsey raved about his great experience to Texas back in March while hanging out at the Overtime OT7 Regional Event.

“Just meeting them for the first time, Coach Sark and Coach Bo Davis is a legendary d-line coach. I got to watch them coach and it looked good, they showed me everything I want to see.”

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Getafix said:

"Bryant (Ark.) High’s touted defensive lineman TJ Lindsey has locked in his first official visit for Texas for the weekend of June 23."

Steve Wiltfong

Hide contents

Steve Wiltfong

Bryant (Ark.) High’s touted defensive lineman TJ Lindsey has locked in his first official visit for Texas for the weekend of June 23.

The Longhorns offered Lindsey back in October and he got a chance to visit in the fall.

“Texas is definitely one of my top hitters,” Lindsey said. ust all the opportunity and potential fits. Everything from Coach (Steve) Sark to Coach (Bo) Davis.”

Lindsey is visiting Miami this weekend and says he’ll drop his Top 10 sometime in the near future.

Other programs Lindsey made spring visits to included Arkansas, Oregon, Notre Dame, LSU, Texas A&M, TCU, SMU, Ole Miss and Missouri.

Lindsey raved about his great experience to Texas back in March while hanging out at the Overtime OT7 Regional Event.

“Just meeting them for the first time, Coach Sark and Coach Bo Davis is a legendary d-line coach. I got to watch them coach and it looked good, they showed me everything I want to see.”

For someone highly sought after, he is ranked as a 3 star and 41st ranked DL. I assume that will change.

6 minutes ago, Bevo said:

For someone highly sought after, he is ranked as a 3 star and 41st ranked DL. I assume that will change.

I'm sure he and Daniel Cruz will be super sad about their rankings as they take OVs to Notre Dame, LSU, Ohio State, etc.

• Haha 2

• texifornia changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls