Dallas Cowboys 2021 Offseason Thread: Fuck It All

Vic Mackey

3 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

This is why I can't take PFF seriously and their "grades" are always so full of shit. LB is not a need because Jaylon and LVE are here? Lmao. Do these pencil pushing dorks even watch these games? Those 2 are terrible and so bad, that LB became a huge need overnight. The drop off after their 2018 seasons has been drastic. LB was absolutely a huge need. Top 12 pick need? Maybe not. But it was one of their most dire needs on defense. Our 2nd level was atrocious, especially with Jaylon dancing 20 yards field after a tackle.

pff.PNG

lol 💯 agree. “How does he fit in with Jaylon Smith and Idaho broke dick”

lol, what kind of fucking question is that. 

• Hook 'Em 1

First round picks are not created equally. You're rolling the dice on what the one next year will be. It could work out, or could go wrong. The Cowboys made the right choice for this team this year. The Giants MAY have made the right pick for their team for long term, but it's still a crapshoot.
One may eventually argue the Giants got the better deal when it all pans out, but I don't think one could argue that what the Cowboys did was not smart. They did well. They have a bunch of second day picks to work with an have a chance to make a move towards big improvement soon.

The problem with this is that obviously you are looking at this as a Cowboys fan where 1st round picks are indeed a crap shoot. Competently run franchises do well with 1st round picks. Moving back was the right choice. Valuing a 3rd round pick they most likely will fuck up over a 1st round pick they might fuck up next year is stupid, imo.

11 minutes ago, Hate said:

They would have had another first round pick next year. A first round pick next worth is worth way more than a 3rd round this year.  If they were offered that deal and didn't take it, they are dumber than I thought...and I think they are dumber than any professional franchise on the planet.

Cowboys won a championship 30 years ago. Give them the benefit of the doubt.

2 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

lol 💯 agree. “How does he fit in with Jaylon Smith and Idaho broke dick”

lol, what kind of fucking question is that. 

Exactly. I think they just see both of those were high round picks and think because we extended Jaylon not long ago and LVE is still on his rookie deal, we don't need another one. It sucks LB is this big of a need after what we invested in Jaylon and LVE but our front office loves targeting injury prone guys for that "value". Go back a year before Jaylon and it was Randy Gregory. Hell he's still a question mark and can't be relied on.

This front office has the offense down pat for the most part on how to put that together. But on defense, they get egg on their face so much. Taco, Jaylon, LVE....Those 3 picks should be the core of this defense. 1 is gone and the other 2 won't be here much longer. That is why this defense can't make any strides. We spin our wheels. Don't forget the 2nd rd pick in 2019 is Trysten Hill and he fucking sucks.

3 minutes ago, Hate said:

The problem with this is that obviously you are looking at this as a Cowboys fan where 1st round picks are indeed a crap shoot. Competently run franchises do well with 1st round picks. Moving back was the right choice. Valuing a 3rd round pick they most likely will fuck up over a 1st round pick they might fuck up next year is stupid, imo.

I am looking at this as someone who has studied the NFL draft passionately way before it was even televised. There's typically a massive difference between top 10 or 12 vs to 20-25. You're going down levels in tiers of game ready talent and probability of panning out.

Dallas dropped 2 spots and got the player they would have taken at 10, picked up an extra 3rd. Giants dropped down significantly to a higher risk group, and are risking their return being in the same area, maybe worse, instead of cashing in on a legit 11 talent. If the Bears suck ass and that pick ends up being much earlier then it could be a good trade for them. That's a roll of the dice. They aren't starting Tribisky or Foles this year. So that means they sucked and earned the 11th pick for being shitty, then threw away that much higher probability pick for another far riskier pick, and another pick that's likely to be cut by next year, or just a JAG backup if they're lucky.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, DougO said:

First round picks are not created equally. You're rolling the dice on what the one next year will be. It could work out, or could go wrong. The Cowboys made the right choice for this team this year. The Giants MAY have made the right pick for their team for long term, but it's still a crapshoot.

One may eventually argue the Giants got the better deal when it all pans out, but I don't think one could argue that what the Cowboys did was not smart. They did well. They have a bunch of second day picks to work with an have a chance to make a move towards big improvement soon.

All first round picks are not equal, but they are all substantially better than a third round pick. I think they didn’t want to go back to 20,and the cost of 12 to 10 isn’t nearly as high as 20 to 11, precisely because all first round picks are not equal. 

3 minutes ago, DougO said:

I am looking at this as someone who has studied the NFL draft passionately way before it was even televised. There's typically a massive difference between top 10 or 12 vs to 20-25. You're going down levels in tiers of game ready talent and probability of panning out.

Dallas dropped 2 spots and got the player they would have taken at 10, picked up an extra 3rd. Giants dropped down significantly to a higher risk group, and are risking their return being in the same area, maybe worse, instead of cashing in on a legit 11 talent. If the Bears suck ass and that pick ends up being much earlier then it could be a good trade for them. That's a roll of the dice. They aren't starting Tribisky or Foles this year. So that means they sucked and earned the 11th pick for being shitty, then threw away that much higher probability pick for another far riskier pick, and another pick that's likely to be cut by next year, or just a JAG backup if they're lucky.

Sturm tweeted this yesterday:

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

All first round picks are not equal, but they are all substantially better than a third round pick. I think they didn’t want to go back to 20,and the cost of 12 to 10 isn’t nearly as high as 20 to 11, precisely because all first round picks are not equal. 

The problem with that is you're betting against the odds twice. You're betting your 11 isn't as good as that first you're getting next year, and the 20 your getting this year is as good as the 11 you had.

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

15 is the lowest I would drop down and New England decided they would roll the dice on Jones falling. I’m taking the sure thing of picking at 12 over hoping I like someone at 20.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Sturm tweeted this yesterday:

And especially this year, when there were so many QBs and offensive skill players picked early.  The Cowboys got the third overall defensive player drafted. It's like the Cowboys got a higher tiered player for nothing.

5 minutes ago, Sgt. Slaughter said:

15 is the lowest I would drop down and New England decided they would roll the dice on Jones falling. I’m taking the sure thing of picking at 12 over hoping I like someone at 20.

Right, you look at what the Cowboys usually draft at 20, somebody like V-E, and what they usually draft around 10-12, somebody like DeMarcus Ware. No two drafts are the same, but you're gonna see a lot more risk at 20, much higher probability to score big earlier.

45 minutes ago, DougO said:

PFF is purely stat based dork style eval. It's what it is. It has its purpose, but it's not a complete evaluation.

yeah they are looking at the fact our 2 starting LBers are a mid first round and very high second round pick, not that they suck and one is always injured.

39 minutes ago, DougO said:

What's riskier?  A first round pick or a third round pick?  I'm not talking value.  I'm talking who has more of  a chance of being an impact player? A third rounder of first?  Hell, the Cowboys have a better chance of lucking out into the best player available falling to them than finding some diamond in the rough in the 3rd round. 

13 minutes ago, Hate said:

What's riskier?  A first round pick or a third round pick?  I'm not talking value.  I'm talking who has more of  a chance of being an impact player? A third rounder of first?  Hell, the Cowboys have a better chance of lucking out into the best player available falling to them than finding some diamond in the rough in the 3rd round. 

Yes, I am quoting myself.  It's widely acknowledged this was shitty draft and yet some posters are still arguing that a third round pick this year is better than a first round pick next year.  I did not know that Jerry Jones posted here. 

Hey guys. We have an expert here. A dude who uses cute aggy-esque nicknames for his opponents (fecals! Ha. It’s like feces! Hilarious!) is a real student of the draft. Listen to this dude and all of his wisdom.

8 minutes ago, Gigglebush said:

Parsons was one of the players whose definition of hazing included having your bros hold down a teammate while you fuck their buttcheeks. Penn State seems to have a unique effect on people. Should be a good NFL player though. Congrats Cowboys.

It's time for some glory hole - Jerry Jones | Meme Generator

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

I can’t help but think that the bears #1 next year is going to be a top 5 pick. They let two of their best defensive players go this offseason. They paid Dalton a starters’ salary and he will likely start the season. They’ll then play fields when Dalton doesn’t win and they will suck. I’d rather have a top 5 or 10 pick next year with the 20 pick this year than another 3rd this year. But who the fuck knows. Maybe Micah ends up being a dude. Ugh.

3 hours ago, dcar00 said:

this.  Parsons is likely a good player it just sucks that our dumbass owner took huge reaches on Smith and Vander Esch and like clockwork bombed.  fixing a problem we created with a 1st round LB is....suboptimal.

LVE was an all-pro as a rookie. he was a great draft pick. the whole spinal stenosis thing is just bad luck.

smith was a reach. 

12 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Thank God for Compensatory Picks...

Dallas Cowboys 2021 NFL Draft Picks:

• Round 1, pick 10
  • Round 2, pick 44
  • Round 3, pick 75
  • Round 3, pick 99    (Compensatory)
  • Round 4, pick 115
  • Round 4, pick 138   (Compensatory)
  • Round 5, pick 179    (Compensatory)
  • Round 6, pick 192
  • Round 6, pick 227    (Compensatory)
  • Round 7, pick 238

By waiting to sign more free agents till after the Draft, the Cowboys may preserve some compensatory picks in 2022

Rd 1 pick #12 Micah Parsons

Day 2 Picks for Dallas  (today)

• Round 2, pick 44
  • Round 3, pick 75
  • Round 3, pick 84   (trade w/Eagles)
  • Round 3, pick 99    (Compensatory)

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, futureman said:

LVE was an all-pro as a rookie. he was a great draft pick. the whole spinal stenosis thing is just bad luck.

smith was a reach. 

Except many smart teams saw his medical eval pre draft and removed him from their boards. Same as Sean Lee. Same as Jaylon Smith. Same as Gregory (for non medical reasons).  

https://www.idahostatesman.com/sports/college/mountain-west/boise-state-university/boise-state-football/article209068359.html

Cowboys keep making be the same mistake over and over on defensive 1st/2nd round picks. That wasn't unlucky it was stupid 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 3

Just reading all of the pre draft rankings, Parsons was ranked anywhere from the 6th to the 11th best available player in the draft.  Dallas drafted him at 12 and collected an extra 3rd in the process. Considering both corners were selected in front of them and the cost to move up to 8 or 9, Dallas executed well. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Exactly. I think they just see both of those were high round picks and think because we extended Jaylon not long ago and LVE is still on his rookie deal, we don't need another one. It sucks LB is this big of a need after what we invested in Jaylon and LVE but our front office loves targeting injury prone guys for that "value". Go back a year before Jaylon and it was Randy Gregory. Hell he's still a question mark and can't be relied on.
This front office has the offense down pat for the most part on how to put that together. But on defense, they get egg on their face so much. Taco, Jaylon, LVE....Those 3 picks should be the core of this defense. 1 is gone and the other 2 won't be here much longer. That is why this defense can't make any strides. We spin our wheels. Don't forget the 2nd rd pick in 2019 is Trysten Hill and he fucking sucks.

I haven’t been following football closely in a bit so some of these may be dumb questions but, I was pissed when Denver took surtain, that would have been an amazing get for Dallas. I don’t know what to make of Micah, did he sit out due to covid? Does he have injury history?

I though jaylon got screwed by the change to Nolan’s scheme, are we still doing that ? Nolan seemed like he sucked.

Live has spinal stenosis ? I hadn’t heard that , I thought he just had some neck injury during the season. Is he done?

26 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Supposedly Dallas tried to trade up to 6 to take Parsons 

If this was true, makes you wonder if they look backwards at all and figure out why they were willing to give away assets to move up to take a player that was still available to them after they moved BACK. 

But we all know Jerry will say they got a top 6 grade talent at 12 because he’s a genius, instead of wondering if they almost gave picks away to take the guy 5 spots too early. 

6 hours ago, Rholl said:

whats faster Parsons 40.... or Parson whipping his dick out to dry hump a team mate while said team mate was being held down??????    

Parsons dick whipping and dry humping is 99th percentile. His 40? Also 99th percentile. Gonna have to hold a few teammates down and line a few more up for a 40 race to answer this question 

29 minutes ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

Live has spinal stenosis ? I hadn’t heard that , I thought he just had some neck injury during the season. Is he done?

No, but an article I read last night says that may give the Cowboys the option to not give him his 5th year option on his contract. 

20 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Yeah I'm less drunk and less pissed than last night. He's an athletic freak. Hopefully he can put it all together.

Didn't he switch positions or something at Penn St? Heard something about only playing LB for two years.

5 star recruit lead team in tackles as a true freshman (didn’t even start most games). Beastly sophomore year, won all the accolades. Sat out 2020 junior year for covid. 

Edited by Firemans4Horn