(4) Texas @ (14) WVU at Noon on ESPN

SDG

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

They were both getting outboarded. So at least play the guy that gives you instant offense at times and shot blocks. Sims had 3 rebounds on the day... 

That's cause he was on the bench with foul troublem. Don't get me wrong Simms played horrible. But Jones needs to work on his rebounding too.  When he was in Simms did a better job on Culver.  Jones passed him off multiple times sometimes to Cunningham which was a big time miss match.    

• Like 1

Just now, chemHORN said:

That's cause he was on the bench with foul troublem. Don't get me wrong Simms played horrible. But Jones needs to work on his rebounding too.  When he was in Simms did a better job on Culver.  Jones passed him off multiple times sometimes to Cunningham which was a big time miss match.    

sims

Just now, SDG said:

The only game I wasn't able to watch this year was the Villanova game.   I've cleared my calendar for the rest of the season.   

I also missed the second half of that game and that’s it so far...

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

nice to have another teams shitty FT shooting do them in for once.

Was it Greg brown that missed the front of a 1 and 1 late?  But Ramey made his and Coleman swished both of his like it was practice. 

tough to know how big a deal a road win is this year and I haven’t looked for or seen any statistics about how different that is so far this season across cbb, but it’s never bad to get road wins against the top of the conference. 

Gotta toss some credit to Shaka for allowing that last possession to play out instead of calling a TO and giving WVU a chance to get set.

And even more credit to Ramey for yet another dime. Dude was our glue today. Carried the team when the rest of the guys were struggling.

Edited by Braff Zacklin
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Just now, Braff Zacklin said:

Gotta toss some credit to Shaka for letting that last possession play out instead of calling a TO and allowing WVU to get set.

And even more credit to Ramey for yet another dime. Dude was our glue today. Carried the team when the rest of the guys were struggling.

Yup. Put the ball in the hands of your most experienced guards to make the plays. Ramey and Jones did the damn thing. Props to Shaka not trying to overcoach that moment 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, chemHORN said:

That's cause he was on the bench with foul troublem.

For whatever reason ESPN doesn't have minutes played but I'd bet a large sum of money that Sims played more in the 2nd half than Kai. 

Don't get me wrong - wins are great and this team gritted it out until the final whistle today - but there was a lot of concerning stuff that I saw - things that get you upset in the first weekend of the tourney. Hopefully it was just an off day because reversion to bad Shaka ball has been the exception this year and not the norm. 

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Was it Greg brown that missed the front of a 1 and 1 late?  But Ramey made his and Coleman swished both of his like it was practice. 

tough to know how big a deal a road win is this year and I haven’t looked for or seen any statistics about how different that is so far this season across cbb, but it’s never bad to get road wins against the top of the conference. 

it seemed fairly even in the first half.  the 2nd half we were getting screwed.  mainly on WVU's offensive end where huggins is working them over.  5th on Sims was criminal and an attempt to give WVU the game.

2 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Gotta toss some credit to Shaka for letting that last possession play out instead of calling a TO and allowing WVU to get set.

yep.  we aren't good a set plays.  better chance to just let it happen.

11 minutes ago, Stunns38 said:

Man, nice win. We would have never won this in the last few years. Destined???? We shall see.

i was just happy to see us claw back twice with nothing from downtown.

long row to hoe in the league.

but early road wins like this.... trying to think back when we did this to continue a multi-game streak...  against a ranked team.....  penders?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

i was just happy to see us claw back twice with nothing from downtown.

long row to hoe in the league.

but early road wins like this.... trying to think back when we did this to continue a multi-game streak...  against a ranked team.....  penders?

Were you in a coma for the best decade in Texas basketball history?

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, roll left said:

This team seems to play well together. No one has too big of an ego. Great clutch shot by Jones on a day we hadn't been shooting well from outside.

AJ1 was 4 of 7 from deep today. The rest of the team? Oh fer 12.

Edited by Braff Zacklin
haphazard hyphenation
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

i guess so

Tbf - I didn't find a lot of ranked B12 road wins looking at '03, '06 and '08. But these aren't really "road" games that these guys are playing this season. 

7 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

All 3 crucial boards down the stretch. 17 minutes with foul trouble. Sims is clearly a better rebounder and it showed down the stretch. As soon as he fouls out on a phantom call by an out of position ref, Kai went in and our rebounding for 2 possessions was nonexistent. 

No problem with his lineup down the stretch. He had the 5 most effective guys for this game playing the last 6-7 minutes, and they came back from down 5 twice. 

You're entitled to your opinion. Sims rebounding sure as shit didn't impress me down the stretch and he should have picked up his 5th on the play where GB picked up the foul instead. 

Shaka has overall been great this season. His inability to get Kai involved in the offense still makes me want to rip my hair out. The flashes that that guy has are next level shit. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Correct on Brown missing front end, and Ramey and Coleman each sinking both. Teams were even - both missed 6 FTs. Texas 14-20; WVU 13-19. 

Yeah but for WV it’ll be about the 0-2 at the end. Choke