Trump Impeachment 2: Insurrection Boogaloo

Sawbonz

It makes no sense for a trial to be held in which conviction is not possible.

Mitch is arguing an indefensible position.  The inability to remove from office does not mean that other outcomes are not possible.  People need to take a fucking course in logic and use their fucking heads.

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

The Republicans who were free to vote their conscience without fear of a primary attack voted to convict. The rest are cowards to whom re-election means more than our country’s future. 

Than is a sad indictment of the state of American politics. The GOP has no leaders in Congress, only shameless exploiters.

They were guilty of benefitting from spreading the Trump propaganda as well as improprieties while in office.  They also have pocketed taxpayer funds and campaign contributions because nothing matters anymore.  Just say you back the blue and are the party of law and order and you can commit crimes against the American people.

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

Mitch is arguing an indefensible position.  The inability to remove from office does not mean that other outcomes are not possible.  People need to take a fucking course in logic and use their fucking heads.

no shit, Raskin and the other house managers made it crystal clear on day 1 that there was no “January exception” to impeachment. 

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

There are no other outcomes, per the Constitution.  That is his point.

Just now, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

They already litigated the issue of impeaching while out of office and lost. It's bullshit

You can sue anybody for anything at any time...  Doesn't mean the suit is going to stick.  

The process is the process.  

What he DOESN'T say... is that he could have had the shit happen when the President was in office. He chose not to. That's the rub.

17 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I’d rather Mitch have said nothing than whatever the fuck he is doing right now.

I'm good with it--shows how damn hypocritical they are.  There's no defending how he voted with what he's publicly stating.  

Instigating supporters to attack and kill with no consequences has set a precedent. Republican politicians don’t need to whine about how wrong that is in future if Karma does it’s Karma thing and the shoe is on the other foot. They stamped the Seal of Approval on that type of behavior. THAT is why Mitch is going off. He may need a veneer of decentness card to play in future when shit goes bad.

I hope everyone regains their senses. But I don’t see it happening. The way I feel right now, if someone bombs a GOP caucus and you are empaneling a jury for the criminal trial that includes me, I’m not sure I’d vote to convict, given today’s vote. I mean, I bet the evidence and video and fingerprints and “TO DO BEFORE BOMBING GOP” list was made up - right???

Maybe it’s the Bourbon talking, but all Trump supporters can die in a fire. I wouldn’t open the burning barn doors if I was walking the dog and happened by the fucking fire. I WOULD furrow my brow in genuine disapproval as I walked by, however. And turn up the earbud volume to block the screaming.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Blueprint for future Presidents:

*commit impeachable offense
*get impeached
*resign the day before Senate trial begins
*impossible to get convicted, according to these constitutional scholars

yeah, he's having it both ways. basically outlining why the january exception for high crimes and misdemeanors are okay for an outgoing president. 

jesus, mitch, think about that goddamn precedent.

Just now, David Dennison said:

Where in the Constitution does it say that a former president cannot be impeached and convicted? 

Article II, Section 4 reads:

The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.

Which one of those is Donald Trump today?

1 minute ago, Snacks said:

The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.

Where does it say he has to be sitting to be convicted? It just says he shall be removed if he is.

• Like 2

These GOP traitors need to be punished for their dereliction of duty in holding Trump accoutable.  Ending the filibuster should be the first priority, followed by adding two new states in PR and DC.  Start ramming shit down their throats.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Just now, Tom said:

These GOP traitors need to be punished for their dereliction of duty in holding Trump accoutable.  Ending the filibuster should be the first priority, followed by adding two new states in PR and DC.  Start ramming shit down their throats.

Sadly, the whip count on ending the filibuster is anywhere from three to five votes short.

4 minutes ago, Snacks said:

disappointing take, dude. 

so i guess we can just let office holders do whatever the fuck they want as the clock runs out? 

fuck outta here with that take.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

There is another outcome, per the Constitution, specifically disqualification from public office.

and also, wouldn't this strip him of his presidential protections such as having guards and intelligence access?

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

Sadly, the whip count on ending the filibuster is anywhere from three to five votes short.

Pressure should be applied. Start doing the shit on the Dem side that Mitch does to keep his minions in line. FFS if they want to hold on in the mid-terms the DINOs need to get a clue.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

Fuck you Mitch, for saying it wasn't constitutional because he was out of office. Yes it was! 

Gaslighting fuckhead.

The Constitution says whatever Mitch says it does based on his personal political expediency. If it will benefit him politically tomorrow to claim it says the opposite of what he claims it says today then he won’t hesitate to contradict himself. Without shame and he’ll flash that knowing, shit-eating grin when he does it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Snacks said:

Seriously, you are brain damaged.  Nowhere in that language is the assertion that "should the impeached party not hold office he or she cannot be convicted".

For fuck's sake, the Senate has set precedent by BARRING convicted persons from holding future office.  That is absolutely on the table as a potential penalty.  Or (hold onto your meager little hat) there could be NO penalty.

Fuck off with your bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Seriously, you are brain damaged.  Nowhere in that language is the assertion that "should the impeached party not hold office he or she cannot be convicted".

For fuck's sake, the Senate has set precedent by BARRING convicted persons from holding future office.  That is absolutely on the table as a potential penalty.  Or (hold onto your meager little hat) there could be NO penalty.

Fuck off with your bullshit.

He's trolling you.

10 minutes ago, Tom said:

they're not going to do it.  they're pussies.  they could have taken the 2 weeks recess, shoved the $1.9T package down their throats, fuck your feelings, declared all appointments acting, fuck your feelings, got down to business, and shove their face in shit for the first time in 40 years.

but they're pussies.

sieg heil.  the GQP will relabel on monday (President's Day) as the National Patriot Worker's Party.

this was the end of the republic.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

24 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Instigating supporters to attack and kill with no consequences has set a precedent. Republican politicians don’t need to whine about how wrong that is in future if Karma does it’s Karma thing and the shoe is on the other foot. They stamped the Seal of Approval on that type of behavior. THAT is why Mitch is going off. He may need a veneer of decentness card to play in future when shit goes bad.

I hope everyone regains their senses. But I don’t see it happening. The way I feel right now, if someone bombs a GOP caucus and you are empaneling a jury for the criminal trial that includes me, I’m not sure I’d vote to convict, given today’s vote. I mean, I bet the evidence and video and fingerprints and “TO DO BEFORE BOMBING GOP” list was made up - right???

Maybe it’s the Bourbon talking, but all Trump supporters can die in a fire. I wouldn’t open the burning barn doors if I was walking the dog and happened by the fucking fire. I WOULD furrow my brow in genuine disapproval as I walked by, however. And turn up the earbud volume to block the screaming.

ill allow it GIF

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

3 hours ago, freyguy said:

6 people died for nothing.  Good job.  I almost wish a few members of Congress had been left behind to get captured and whatever else.  Maybe then something would have come out of this.

...who am I kidding....nope.

the 6 people dying is nothing compared to the destruction of government institutions. not even close. shitty to say but not really, cuz its true.