Trump Impeachment 2: Insurrection Boogaloo

Sawbonz

1 hour ago, Brandywine said:

The thing that gets me is, did Trump really think through all the months of fabrication of his own made up lies, that in the end he would eventually win and the election would be overturned? 

I think this is where the narcissism really kicks in.  Because the election results reflected adversely on him personally, he was simply in complete and irrational denial of them.  He didn't have to have a credible different outcome in mind to think that.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I think this is where the narcissism really kicks in.  Because the election results reflected adversely on him personally, he was simply in complete and irrational denial of them.  He didn't have to have a credible different outcome in mind to think that.

It doesn't help that his team was telling him their ace polling showed he actually won and the election numbers were completely whack.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

I think this is where the narcissism really kicks in.  

It is the overriding theme of his life. If he is not afflicted with NPD then there is no one that has it. I think that combined with whatever trauma his father inflicted upon him as a child really made him into what he became. He's still a monster that tried to overthrow our elected government though. Nothing changes what he did on January 6th. The ensuing fallout from those actions that have continued to empower the death cult to stay together and feel like they are back on good footing is something he should wear around his neck like a millstone.

• Hook 'Em 3

There is no one who will come close to challenging him for the Republican nomination in 2024.

The post-election lawsuits Trump totally got his ass kicked. I dont know how he stays out of prison and financial ruin. He needs lawyers. His path to election is a minefield. Hes permabanned from Twitter. Hes older and fatter.
  • Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

The post-election lawsuits Trump totally got his ass kicked. I dont know how he stays out of prison and financial ruin. He needs lawyers. His path to election is a minefield. Hes permabanned from Twitter. Hes older and fatter.

He's far and away the most popular Republican in America. That popularity will secure an absurd number of primary victories.

• Like 1

The Russians recognized the potential power of Twitter and disinformation long before we did. They shared that knowledge with their primary US asset. Donald Trump, 

He then spent several years talking directly to US republicans via Twitter who hated Obama about birtherism, golf, tan suits, etc. and over time, became a hero to all of them.

The effect of this largely went unnoticed by the media and dems and even the republicans themselves until trump dominated the 2016 republicans primary. 

Twitter made trump. Now that’s gone.

48 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

I think he's working on some sort of app that he can use to both fleece his flock and message them regularly for a price.   Something akin to an OnlyFans acct where he is in charge of all content.  He can also have guest columnists.   And his minions will pay, monthly.   10% of his 75M paying 9.95 a month would be 75M a month.  That will pay off a lot of debt and buy some high dollar lawyering.  

Even so, he can do this from prison and make big bucks.   It would be his own version of Mein Kampf.  

I say all this to jinx him.  My track record on predictions is horrible.

14 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

I think he's working on some sort of app that he can use to both fleece his flock and message them regularly for a price.   Something akin to an OnlyFans acct where he is in charge of all content.  He can also have guest columnists.   And his minions will pay, monthly.   10% of his 75M paying 9.95 a month would be 75M a month.  That will pay off a lot of debt and buy some high dollar lawyering.  

Even so, he can do this from prison and make big bucks.   It would be his own version of Mein Kampf.  

I say all this to jinx him.  My track record on predictions is horrible.

All he need is to push/endorse someone that he has a dossier of incriminating evidence to be President (ala Lindsay) .  First week in office, he gets his pardon

Edited by Haphap

4 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

He also backed himself into a corner calling everybody he beat losers so that when he lost, it was basically admit self immolation or deny it all.  I don't think it will be as easy to get the band together along with the masses the third time.  And if it is, we're deservedly toast anyway.  He stands to lose a lot in the interim too.  It starts with lawyering up on his dime and not the countries.  He can get money from his minions but so are all the other party grifters and after awhile, the law of diminishing returns has to kick in.  Plus you can't fix stupid and he's not getting any smarter--aided by a godawful diet, he's hemorrhaging brain cells daily.          

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

so are we more scared of him winning or losing?  seen both, still not sure. 

He has to 1. keep out of jail, 2. pay lawyers, and then 3. garner a war chest while repeating steps one and two.  On top of it, all the other coconspirators have to remain out of jail and pay lawyers as well.  Pirates aren't known to keep out of trouble and the odds diminish every year.  Regardless, Dems need to cancel the shit out of all of them.  

3 hours ago, Mdhorn said:

He has to 1. keep out of jail, 2. pay lawyers, and then 3. garner a war chest while repeating steps one and two.  On top of it, all the other coconspirators have to remain out of jail and pay lawyers as well.  Pirates aren't known to keep out of trouble and the odds diminish every year.  Regardless, Dems need to cancel the shit out of all of them.  

1.  You’re never going to get 12 jurors to convict him.  All it takes is one magat to hang a jury.

2. Doesn’t matter , see #1.  

3.  Magats are and endless source of $$$.

Better hope for his poor health or death..  That’s America’s only chance.

1 hour ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

1.  You’re never going to get 12 jurors to convict him.  All it takes is one magat to hang a jury.

2. Doesn’t matter , see #1.  

3.  Magats are and endless source of $$$.

Better hope for his poor health or death..  That’s America’s only chance.

His cases aren't going to be thrown out, as posited earlier. 

But some of the crimes other than the financial ones may be tough to prove beyond a reasonable doubt, at least in the mind of a couple of jurors, even if they aren't huge magats. 

Some people are probably going to require a lot to convict a potus. 

You'll have way too many jurors fearing for their lives to get a decent shot an impartial trial.

He tacitly ordered Mike Pence to be assassinated because Mike was taking part in a constitutional formality, what do you think he'd order his minions to do to a juror who convicted him of a serious crime?  

11 hours ago, Lobo said:

You'll have way too many jurors fearing for their lives to get a decent shot an impartial trial.

He tacitly ordered Mike Pence to be assassinated because Mike was taking part in a constitutional formality, what do you think he'd order his minions to do to a juror who convicted him of a serious crime?  

This still slips my mind because yeah, of course he would threaten jurors.  He already has threatened a judge and tried to tamper.  

Yeah, the guy (usually through his surrogates or mobs of murdering idiots) has tacitly threatened the lives of his own Vice President, several House Members, several Senators, several Federal Judges, and a number of high profile members of the media.  You don't think there'll be 100 unemployed, armed-to-the-teeth militants sitting outside a Manhattan courthouse to see who exits the jury door and follows that bus to the hotel where they'll be sequestered during the trial...trying to get photos of the jurors to learn their identities and their addresses.  These guys killed Capitol Police on their own turf, they're not gonna be able to get to a PS#37 school teacher holed up in some Lower East Side Hampton Inn?  

He'll die of natural causes before you can find an impartial jury willing to be seated to hear any case.  

It's not going to happen folks, do the math.  

13 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Random thought: as Commander in Chief could Trump have been court martialed for sedition?

I don’t think the civilian leadership is eligible for court martial. That wouldn’t make sense, would it? Trump should’ve been convicted by the Senate. He should be tried and convicted for felony campaign finance crime(s) in criminal court. But I don’t know how a civilian Commander in Chief could be subjected to a military trial. That would seem counterintuitive. But I’m no expert.

A lot can happen in three years.  I think Jan. 6th cost Trump a lot of the relatively moderate R voters. McConnell has signaled that he wants the party to divest itself of Trump.  If he wins the civil war within the party Trump won't get the nomination.  If he runs as a third party candidate all the better.  If Biden does a decent job and there's no crazy disaster then he'll get reelected anyway.

• Hook 'Em 2

A lot can happen in three years.  I think Jan. 6th cost Trump a lot of the relatively moderate R voters. McConnell has signaled that he wants the party to divest itself of Trump.  If he wins the civil war within the party Trump won't get the nomination.  If he runs as a third party candidate all the better.  If Biden does a decent job and there's no crazy disaster then he'll get reelected anyway.

I thought Biden already said he was only interested in one term? Or was that just pre power talk?

6 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:

I thought Biden already said he was only interested in one term? Or was that just pre power talk?

Incumbent usually has a pretty strong advantage. Have we had a situation where a president chose not to seek a second term but his party’s candidate won the election?

On 2/20/2021 at 8:40 PM, Sawbonz said:

Incumbent usually has a pretty strong advantage. Have we had a situation where a president chose not to seek a second term but his party’s candidate won the election?

I suspect we may see it in 2024.  For myriad reasons, Biden may choose not to run again if there is ample proof that a Democrat successor could still defeat a Trump or any other shitty GOP candidate.  I know the primaries are only 3 three years away and it's a cliche to say, but that really is a lifetime from now politically.  

Interesting footnote though, if a Democrat were to take the reigns from Biden in January 2025, it would mark the first time a Democrat has assumed the Oval Office from another Democrat not due to death, since Buchanan takes over from Pearce in 1857.  168 years without the United States electing a Democrat to take over for another Democrat.  I predict in 2024, neither Biden nor Trump is on the ballot, a sad blow to older white men everywhere.