Trump Impeachment 2: Insurrection Boogaloo

Sawbonz

2 minutes ago, staboner said:

the 6 people dying is nothing compared to the destruction of government institutions. not even close. shitty to say but not really, cuz its true. 

Especially when at least one of those was probably a net positive for this country.

1 hour ago, immamac said:

Fuck every single elected senator who doesn't resign over this fucking clown show of an impeachment. 

Fuck every single senator. America is dead. 

i am disappoint too my G

i always go back to the analogy of the mafia guys sitting at the table. ~5 years ago one guy pulled a gun on the others at the table. its bound to happen. the people who got the gun pointed at them are certainly mad, no doubt. but not mad enough to give up their spot at the table.

the dems are wanting to do what is right and feed the monkey too. pretty hard to do both

Edited by staboner
  • Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Mitch McConnell wants Donald Trump out of politics without making his members vulnerable to challenges from the right.

He walked that line today.

Donald Trump isn’t out of politics and his members are absolutely still vulnerable to challenges from the right.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

If ANY federal indictments come down on Trump, the "criminal justice system is the place for consequences to a former Pres" Repubs will howl at the top of their lungs about it being a political witch hunt and Biden should be impeached etc. etc. Watch.

Yup. They’re total hypocrites. Fuck them. And investigate the hell out of the Trump administration. Start by releasing the unredacted Mueller report. And what happened to that secret secure server where Trump stored the recording of the phone call to extort Zelensky? That’s probably been destroyed. (But her emails!) But if not, find out what’s on it. Otherwise prosecute them for destruction of official records.

Investigate the child separation policy. How many innocent children have been lost? Investigate Jared and his dealings with the Saudis, and of our embargo on Qatar and how that was connected to Jared getting bailed out on his 666 Fifth Ave boondoggle. (Coincidentally the street where Trump said he could shoot someone and no one would care.) Investigate our inaction on the butchering of Jamal Khashoggi.

Investigate Ivanka and all the licenses/trademarks/whatever granted her by the Chinese. Sick the IRS on the Trump businesses so hard it would shock Nixon.

And if Jeffrey Epstein had dirt on Bill Clinton but not Donald Trump, he’d still be alive. Trump, Dershowitz, Acosta, Bar...SCHOEN...investigate them all in connection to that shit. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Donald Trump isn’t out of politics and his members are absolutely still vulnerable to challenges from the right.

Their acquittal votes, for which Mitch McConnell provided cover, will afford them much welcome protection.

Mitch McConnell would much rather have the criminal justice system do the work of keeping Trump out of politics.

Edited by David Dennison

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

Their acquittal votes, for which Mitch McConnell provided cover, will afford them much welcome protection.

Until someone comes along talking about Jew lasers. 

Mitch McConnell knows that the DOJ will do nothing about this. 

Edited by hobbes2702
  • Rage+1 2

53 minutes ago, Snacks said:

Article II, Section 4 reads:

The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.

Which one of those is Donald Trump today?

The framers of the constitution discussed examples of impeachments that happened years after the official left office when writing the article. To them, blocking those officials from ever holding office was just as important as removing a current elected official from office. For exactly these types of situations. Trump’s crimes against the country should prevent him from ever holding office again. 

• Like 1

It is clear that the process for the senate trial/punishment for the impeached is beyond absurd. When they flat out admit how they will vote before the trial and how the coordinated with the accused’s representatives.

That a majority gets to decide how the trial will function is a total farce and it exposes the oligarchic nature of our government.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Always the victim.

"I support law enforcement except the ones we attacked and killed so I could stay president."

I feel the Republicans made America less safe today by letting this crook free and giving him a pass. Regarding his statement, he didn't write it, it had too many big words in it. And he mentioned God, when has he actually shown he believes in God? He's a self centered fake. 

9 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Now that that’s over I know I for one look forward to a week without Trump in the news.

What if he files with the FEC on Monday to run in the 2024 election, starts holding more rallies, and raising more money? Will the media not cover that?

He’s already been identified as an unindicted co-conspirator in felony election campaign violations that sent Michael Cohen to jail. He should be indicted for that on Monday.

This fuck will ensure we don't get any break from Trumpism whatsofuckingever and Trump will stay in the game

https://www.newsweek.com/lindsey-graham-donald-trump-senate-house-without-you-1569096

Senator Lindsey Graham has said he will ask former president Donald Trump to lend his political weight to the Republicans' quest to take back the House and the Senate in 2022.

The South Carolina lawmaker said that after the impeachment process, he would meet Trump to try to persuade him that the former president holds the key to the GOP's future electoral chances.

"I'm going to try and convince him that we can't get there without you, but you can't keep the Trump movement going without the GOP united," he told reporters, according to Politico.

4 minutes ago, immamac said:

Fuck everyone in the senate. Trash american government for trash americans. 

If you are a longhorn and support this, you need to find another site. I'm done fucking around with this absolute garbage. Fuck every single person that supports insurrection against the United States of America. 

Seriously fuck you if you would have voted to acquit. Stop coming to the site. Stop pretending that you care about anything that actually matters. Caught dead to rights with an acquittal is the death of everything we hold dear in a democratic government. Fuck fuck fuck. I'm so mad.  

Nice rant, but your target audience is cowering in the Daily Texan; not here.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

This fuck will ensure we don't get any break from Trumpism whatsofuckingever and Trump will stay in the game

https://www.newsweek.com/lindsey-graham-donald-trump-senate-house-without-you-1569096

Senator Lindsey Graham has said he will ask former president Donald Trump to lend his political weight to the Republicans' quest to take back the House and the Senate in 2022.

The South Carolina lawmaker said that after the impeachment process, he would meet Trump to try to persuade him that the former president holds the key to the GOP's future electoral chances.

"I'm going to try and convince him that we can't get there without you, but you can't keep the Trump movement going without the GOP united," he told reporters, according to Politico.

His supporters still won’t show up to vote if he’s not on the ballot. We have so much evidence of that. 

This would just fire up democrats to turn out. He’s a turnout machine for the Democratic Party 

6 minutes ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

do we have any proof that trump's support or "political weight" actually helps these candidates?

seems like several times since 2017 trump has swooped in to stump for people that went on to not get elected, and in many cases, they were previously favored to do so.  his idiots will show up for him, but that's about it.

and that was back when he actually had twitter.  gop senators and house members are getting threatened by an empty squirt gun, and it's working.

5 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

do we have any proof that trump's support or "political weight" actually helps these candidates?

seems like several times since 2017 trump has swooped in to stump for people that went on to not get elected, and in many cases, they were previously favored to do so.  his idiots will show up for him, but that's about it.

and that was back when he actually had twitter.  gop senators and house members are getting threatened by an empty squirt gun, and it's working.

They don’t know what else to do. They are out of ideas. Hence the coup. 

1 minute ago, DonkeyCigars said:

This is thankfully the last time we will ever have to refer to this meme. The Trump Era is officially over:

spacer.png

I wish I was as much as a rube as you are to actually believe the trump family won't be back, and in greater numbers. 

With history as a guide, failure to prosecute AND punish a fascist insurrection leads directly to the rise of fascism

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Captainant said:

I wish I was as much as a rube as you are to actually believe the trump family won't be back, and in greater numbers. 

With history as a guide, failure to prosecute AND punish a fascist insurrection leads directly to the rise of fascism

I just don't see Don Jr. having the same cult of personality that his old man has/had. And old man Donny ain't walking through those doors in 2024. I'll be surprised if he's still alive. He old.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I hear/read a lot of folks say that Don, Jr. couldn't pull off taking the political reins from his father because he lacks his dad's charm and gravitas.  I say, keep broadcasting that narrative far and wide.  If you have the nation telling you that you're an even less interesting version of one of the shittiest human beings in American history.....it'll likely drive you to suicide.  And that's a good thing, one less Trump on our planet to deal with.  Besides, it's not like Don, Jr.'s kids see him now anyway.  Eric would probably be easy to convince to take his own life.  Tiffany, too.  Ivanka's looking at serious legal trouble since she was technically a high ranking government employee.  Melania will likely fade into obscurity soon.  

I think Don, Jr. is the first kid to die...likely overdose or suicide.  I'm most interested to see how President Trump uses the death for political theater.   

8 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

I just don't see Don Jr. having the same cult of personality that his old man has/had. And old man Donny ain't walking through those doors in 2024. I'll be surprised if he's still alive. He old.

Don, Jr is a coke head with very little else going for him accept he’s as lazy and ignorant of world events as his dad and Ivanka is just . . . Barbie. She could win the senate because people in Florida are just dumb and are driven by personality, which truthfully she’s lacking in that area too. But God help us if either of the 2 win the presidency. 

1 minute ago, Brandywine said:

Don, Jr is a coke head with very little else going for him accept he’s as lazy and ignorant of world events as his dad and Ivanka is just . . . Barbie. She could win the senate because people in Florida are just dumb and are driven by personality, which truthfully she’s lacking in that area too. But God help us if either of the 2 win the presidency. 

Yea I don't see it for Don Jr. He is everything you just said and more in a worse way. He's pathetic.

Ivanka-- now I can see her rising to power. Would be hard to marginalize her as a woman, as easily, too.