Trump Impeachment 2: Insurrection Boogaloo

Sawbonz

19 minutes ago, Js1 said:

This is where I’m at. 45 senators just do not fucking care what the evidence is.  They won’t change their mind - half of them aren’t even paying attention to the trial. We are wasting time when the country needs relief - impeachment doesn’t pay the rent or put food on the table  

Trump could shoot someone on 5th avenue and those Senators would not change their vote.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

Trump could shoot someone on 5th avenue and those Senators would not change their vote.

Exactly. At the end of the day, casual (read: vast majority of) voters will remember who sent them $1400 checks next November and not the impeachment “trial”

Edited by Js1

3 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

He could shoot a Republican Senator in the capitol today, and that same Republican Senator would register a vote to acquit while bleeding out on the floor. 

He could waterboard Reagan’s corpse using an American flag while performing an abortion on Melania and they’d acquit him. Nothing. Matters. 

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm behind -- what was the deal they struck?  Did the Dems get anything of substance?

The McCarthy call info is admitted and stipulated as true from the defense side.

2 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

So they are or are not calling witnesses?

No witnesses either side

It's taking a stand up double when they could have beat out a triple.

Edited by TexasEd

Why would Dems need to agree to "drag it out" for 2 weeks plus in order to call witnesses? This isn't a fucking criminal trial. Jesus. Get it done. Stand some fucking ground. My god. Witness testimony is badly needed to make the R's look as bad as they actually fucking are...for near-term and long-term.

R's gave them all a smooth buttfucking on SCOTUS, mass obstruction, and supporting a traitor in office. Dems have the White House plus both branches of congress (with tiny margins, true)....fucking take a stand. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

Why would Dems need to agree to "drag it out" for 2 weeks plus in order to call witnesses? This isn't a fucking criminal trial. Jesus. Get it done. Stand some fucking ground. My god. Witness testimony is badly needed to make the R's look as bad as they actually fucking are...for near-term and long-term.

R's gave them all a smooth buttfucking on SCOTUS, mass obstruction, and supporting a traitor in office. Dems have the White House plus both branches of congress (with tiny margins, true)....fucking take a stand. 

They aren't doing a damn thing next week. They are going on vacation.

Just now, hayden_horn said:

i think it's the lack of a killer instinct that offends me the most. they just left an opportunity to make mccarthy, house republican leader, either a liar or a coward and passed on it so they could go home next week?

fuck all that. 

This will be fun to look back on when Republicans retake the House and impeach Joe Biden in 2023.

Also when Donald J. Trump 2024 ramps up in a few weeks.

• Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

This will be fun to look back on when Republicans retake the House and impeach Joe Biden in 2023.

Also when Donald J. Trump 2024 ramps up in a few weeks.

had the roles been reversed, mcconnell would have fucking ended mccarthy's political future. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

What a fucking shit show this is gonna be lmao. It's delightful to see the trump team on its heels and to see the senate not just roll over for a fascist dicking.

I look forward to more senators laughing openly at trump's lawyers

the use of unlimited fascist dickings has been approved

9 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

i think it's the lack of a killer instinct that offends me the most. they just left an opportunity to make mccarthy, house republican leader, either a liar or a coward and passed on it so they could go home next week?

fuck all that. 

Unfortunately it’s been the case for decades - Dems try to go for the jugular, it’s overstepping. Republicans butt fuck the country, its politics. 

Part of the decades long gaslighting by the GOP and Fox News that only Republicans have a divine right to “govern” and Democrats are “taking over”

Edited by Js1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

GOP already shut down confirmations during the trial. No consent to move forward.  There’s like a half dozen cabinet nominees waiting on floor votes 

Yea, the R from ND was on FN and said as much. Without a Republican present they can’t have a quorum in any committees, so they can shut the senate down the entire time the trial is happening. 

Generally, jurors want to see all if the evidence. They are unhappy with those who don’t let them see it all.

So as a public optic, the GQP is not really making points with the public when the public can see that there is actual evidence Trump is trying to hide.

Good be wrong.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Was going to come and post this. Pretty clear. I'd, however, drive this point home repeatedly as the American electorate is full of morons.

It was always $1400 to scale up the $600 to the $2000 they wanted. Not $2600. 

It wasn’t a broken promise, just poorly worded when they campaigned. It wasn’t a 2k check - it was 2k TOTAL

fuck all that. 

If I was trying the case and was hoping to depend on McCarthy being truthful under oath about Trump, I’d be naive, terrified - or both. Making this a he-said she-said about a phone call is not the way to win the thing. McCarthy already went to Florida and kissed the ring.

I would not stake my trial on his testimony. It’s like having OJ put on the gloves. Might work. Might be really, really bad.

Just now, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Was going to come and post this. Pretty clear. I'd, however, drive this point home repeatedly as the American electorate is full of morons.

This is a derail but “$2,000 checks will go out the door” is pretty clear that the checks will Be for $2,000 not $600 and then $1400. 

It wasn’t a broken promise, just poorly worded when they campaigned. It wasn’t a 2k check - it was 2k TOTAL
I know. But again, lots of stupid in this country. So make sure it's clear. Otherwise, it will be used against Dems on the campaign trail.

6 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

This is a derail but “$2,000 checks will go out the door” is pretty clear that the checks will Be for $2,000 not $600 and then $1400. 

this was really about rushing that initial $600 to folks who needed it as quickly as possible.

now the far left is penalizing them for it.  sounds about right.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Biden's words:

"Georgia—the whole nation is looking to you to lead us forward," Biden declared. "One state can chart the course not just for the next four years but for the next generation. By electing Jon and the reverend, you can make an immediate difference in your own lives—the lives of the people all across this country."

"Because their election will put an end to the block in Washington on that $2,000 stimulus check—that money that will go out the door immediately to help people who are in real trouble," he explained. "Think about what it will mean to your lives. Putting food on the table. Paying rent. Paying part of your mortgage. Paying down the credit card. Paying the phone bill, the gas bill, the electric bill."

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2021/01/04/power-literally-your-hands-biden-ties-georgia-runoff-races-2000-relief-checks

But this is the wrong thread for this discussion. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

GOP already shut down confirmations during the trial. No consent to move forward.  There’s like a half dozen cabinet nominees waiting on floor votes 

Couldn’t they just go with “acting” roles in the mean time like Trump did?

Should’ve called their bluff. It never worked out for the Republicans whenever they shut down the government. Americans saw through their bullshit. Call witnesses and let the Republicans take their chances with obstruction. 

• Hook 'Em 1