Trump Impeachment 2: Insurrection Boogaloo

Sawbonz

2 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

mccarthy called trump, asking him to call off the insurrection, trump said that it isn't his people, it was antifa. mccarthy responded no, these are your people, call it off. to which trump responded "well, kevin, i guess these people are more upset about the election than you are." to which mccarthy yells "do you know who the fuck you're talking to?"

What a fucking choad.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Ghost of LL said:

That's Latin, darlin', evidently @Bozo_Casanova here's an educated man. Now I really hate him. 

In answer to the question, I don't really think this is something to which res ipsa would apply.  You really need to prove the causal connection.

Yeah, res ipsa isn't usually applied to the main fact(s) in issue.  It usually pertains to a collateral matter that probably isn't seriously contested, but if it is must be proven by the other party.

• Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

um, jamie gangel on cnn has house republicans on the fucking record.

mccarthy called trump, asking him to call off the insurrection, trump said that it isn't his people, it was antifa. mccarthy responded no, these are your people, call it off. to which trump responded "well, kevin, i guess these people are more upset about the election than you are." to which mccarthy yells "do you know who the fuck you're talking to?"

hours later, it should be noted, that mccarthy was back to licking trump's ass objecting to the results of the election.

she had other republicans from the house giving her on the record quotes about that, and how it speaks to trump's state of mind the afternoon of the insurrection.

That seems significant. Maybe even...evidence?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

hours later, it should be noted, that mccarthy was back to licking trump's ass objecting to the results of the election.

she had other republicans from the house giving her on the record quotes about that, and how it speaks to trump's state of mind the afternoon of the insurrection.

while cnn was reporting this story, they also went through the day by day development of events since.  let's put this into perspective:

-trump supporters siege capitol

-mccarthy begs trump to get them to stop

-trump says to pound sand, heated and loud exchange follows

-mccarthy is back on the floor hours later to contest the results of electoral college

-mccarthy then goes down to florida to meet with trump about getting access to trump's voter database, to help them win back the house in 2022

-trump says no

when exactly does enough become enough?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

while cnn was reporting this story, they also went through the day by day development of events since.  let's put this into perspective:

-trump supporters siege capitol

-mccarthy begs trump to get them to stop

-trump says to pound sand, heated and loud exchange follows

-mccarthy is back on the floor hours later to contest the results of electoral college

-mccarthy then goes down to florida to meet with trump about getting access to trump's voter database, to help them win back the house in 2022

-trump says no

when exactly does enough become enough?

that's really the question i've been asking myself for five fucking years. the fact that mccarthy continued tonguing trump's asshole after the capitol attack, and his refusal to do anything about it...i just don't know. 

it's a complete lack of courage and character. if i was someone's family member, i'm just not sure how i couldn't go full claudia conway on them. 

• Hook 'Em 1

54 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

House minority leader pulling rank on the president?  Bold move.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, hayden_horn said:

that's really the question i've been asking myself for five fucking years. the fact that mccarthy continued tonguing trump's asshole after the capitol attack, and his refusal to do anything about it...i just don't know. 

it's a complete lack of courage and character. if i was someone's family member, i'm just not sure how i couldn't go full claudia conway on them. 

Exactly.  If he had balls, he would come out and tell this very story verbatim to the press.  

3 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

“There’s …there’s two people, I think, Putin pays: [California Representative Dana] Rohrabacher and Trump … [laughter] … swear to God.”

He’s a spineless gutless piece of shit who will abide anything to hang on to power 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

For the rest of my life, Whenever I feel like I've had to kiss ass to get a business deal done, or get my kids into a certain school, or get a construction permit, or a well division order, or get good seats for a ballgame...I can comfort myself by at least remembering at least I didn't humble myself like Kevin McCarthy did.  "Yeah, but they never got me like they got McCarthy."  

Let us all vow, from here until the end of the Republic...when someone completely and voluntarily debases themselves and gets absolutely nothing out of it except shame and ridicule...we will say, "Boy, they really McCarthy'd that one."  I promise I will start using it in college and high school lectures later this semester.

"Students, when you have some leverage but give it all up, along with your dignity, and walk away with nothing but a shadow of illegality...in business we call that having 'McCarthy'd' the deal.  It's literally the worst you can do in a negotiation.  The authors of 'Getting to Yes', the bible for negotiating, are putting that into their next edition."  

1 minute ago, hayden_horn said:

They suck as humans. There is a single thing that may have been able to change their ways though. They didn't care about cops being killed. They would not have cared if a Dem had been killed. But a Republican being killed may have made them take this seriously. 

If I was related to one of them, I would tell them to fuck off and never talk to them again. 

1 minute ago, FondrenRoad said:

They suck as humans. There is a single thing that may have been able to change their ways though. They didn't care about cops being killed. They would not have cared if a Dem had been killed. But a Republican being killed may have made them take this seriously. 

If I was related to one of them, I would tell them to fuck off and never talk to them again. 

yup.  if a random republican senator was killed or even put in semi-critical condition and was in the hospital, this whole thing goes differently.  congressman, possibly.  dem congressman or senator, probably not.

2 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

That's Latin, darlin', evidently @Bozo_Casanova here's an educated man. Now I really hate him. 

In answer to the question, I don't really think this is something to which res ipsa would apply.  You really need to prove the causal connection.

Perhaps you aren’t an expert In bird law

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Perhaps you aren’t an expert In bird law

I may not know the intricate subtleties of the Avionic Jurisprudence milieu, but I can tell you this......Parrots Have Rights! 

And watching this proceeding today, it was all just parroting.  And the best part is the A/V nerds who spent hundreds of man-hours to produce those clips of Democrats saying "Fight" will get paid Monday.  And the attorneys representing Trump will never see a dollar, and probably be disbarred later this year.  

I don’t recall hearing during the prosecution the statements Ben Sasse made in an interview with Hugh Hewitt.

BS: I think Donald Trump wanted there to be massive divisions, and he was telling people there was a path by which he was going to stay in office after January 20th. That was never true. And he wanted chaos on television. I don’t have any idea what was in his heart about what he wanted to happen once they were in the Capitol, but he wanted there to be chaos, and I’m sure you’ve also had conversations with other senior White House officials, as I have.

HH: I have.

BS: As this was unfolding on television, Donald Trump was walking around the White House confused about why other people on his team weren’t as excited as he was as you had rioters pushing against Capitol Police trying to get into the building.

HH: That said…

BS: That was happening. He was delighted.

HH: That’s it. Should he be impeached and removed?

BS: I think that there are a lot of questions that we need to get to the bottom of about why the National Guard was not deployed, why was it delayed. So that’s what I’ve been working on last night and this morning. I want to understand more about why the National Guard wasn’t deployed when there had been clear calls for it, and then why that delay happened. So there are more things that I need to understand before I get to a conclusory judgment about that. But I think that the question of was the President derelict in his duty, that’s not an open questionnaire. He was.

There’s audio.

https://hughhewitt.com/senator-ben-sasse-on-impeachment-and-transition-the-gop-in-minority/

10 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

I can't gtfo fast enough.

Need any residential construction in 2026?

It’s funny but my wife seems the same way about Texas.  She was born and raised in Houston and we have lived in DFW area for the last 20 plus years and over the last year or so she keeps saying she is not sure she wants to live around the people in our neighborhood just based on their politics and absolute selfish dumbassedness (yes that is a word because I say it is).  What is interesting is I have a client in New Jersey and he was telling me his wife wants to move to Texas to get away from all the Democrats up there.  I can do my job from anywhere so I could just up and move but not sure where to go to avoid the Trumpist rabble that seems to be everywhere these days.  

I don't know if this has been articulated, better than I will, but if Trump didn't want the mob riot, what exactly did he want from January 6? A peaceful protest outside the capitol, and the votes are certified like normal, and the day ends. What sense does that make? He gets nothing from that. He told them repeatedly to "stop the steal" and "fight like hell". By peacefully protesting outside the capitol? Again that would have gotten him nothing. Nothing would have been stopped. It makes no logical sense, unless he wanted the kind of chaos that we got. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

It’s funny but my wife seems the same way about Texas.  She was born and raised in Houston and we have lived in DFW area for the last 20 plus years and over the last year or so she keeps saying she is not sure she wants to live around the people in our neighborhood just based on their politics and absolute selfish dumbassedness (yes that is a word because I say it is).  What is interesting is I have a client in New Jersey and he was telling me his wife wants to move to Texas to get away from all the Democrats up there.  I can do my job from anywhere so I could just up and move but not sure where to go to avoid the Trumpist rabble that seems to be everywhere these days.  

I can get on board with this. But reverse it. Trumpkins go to New Jersey, sane people stay in Austin. 

After reading the news above re: the phone call to the former President, I do believe I am ready to declare a winner:

Kevin McCarthy you have won!

You are now atop the McCarthy family tree of infamy. You long ago surpassed Antivax Jenny and have now, as tough as it was, you have now topped Joseph of the Communist Inquisition to become Kevin the Insurrectionist Seditionist McCarthy.

Well done, Kevin, you blathering bloviating bucket of snot. May your children's children's children hear your name and call you the feckliest fecktard to ever have a feckbox for a head.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

I don't know if this has been articulated, better than I will, but if Trump didn't want the mob riot, what exactly did he want from January 6? A peaceful protest outside the capitol, and the votes are certified like normal, and the day ends. What sense does that make? He gets nothing from that. He told them repeatedly to "stop the steal" and "fight like hell". By peacefully protesting outside the capitol? Again that would have gotten him nothing. Nothing would have been stopped. It makes no logical sense, unless he wanted the kind of chaos that we got. 

Dude. It is known. Don’t try to bring logic into this. It’s just going to hurt your head. 

Just now, Mrs Whiggins said:

After reading the news above re: the phone call to the former President, I do believe I am ready to declare a winner:

Kevin McCarthy you have won!

You are now atop the McCarthy family tree of infamy. You long ago surpassed Antivax Jenny and have now, as tough as it was, you have now topped Joseph of the Communist Inquisition to become Kevin the Insurrectionist Seditionist McCarthy.

Well done, Kevin, you blathering bloviating bucket of snot. May your children's children's children hear your name and call you the feckliest fecktard to ever have a feckbox for a head.

I’m going to leave this on his office voicemail. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, FondrenRoad said:

It’s a terrible place to be, imagining an alternate reality where R or Rs died and the party’s collective decency and humanity magically reappeared. I wish no specific actual harm upon Republicans but gosh it’s nice to visit a world where a demonstrably treasonous seditionist shitbag could be successfully impeached by our elected Congress.  

I’ve no doubt that Trump has dossiers on his bootlickers and that blackmail explains much of the inexplicable. At some point you’d think the obvious carnage they’re enabling would outweigh the selfish concerns. Still waiting for that.

I am so fucking furious at the blatantly obvious timing regarding McCarthy's call with Trump.  The trial is over, and oh, what's that?  New information has come to light?  Oh well, we have to vote, tra la la?

I fucking hate politicians.  Kevin McCarthy can rot in hell with the rest of them.  Fucking unpatriotic jackass motherfuckers.  Fuck every one of them.

I am about to drink my way through half a bottle of whisky.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

yup.  if a random republican senator was killed or even put in semi-critical condition and was in the hospital, this whole thing goes differently.  congressman, possibly.  dem congressman or senator, probably not.

Does it though? "What happened on January 6th was a tragedy and we mourn for Senator Fuckface and Mrs. Fuckface and the three little Fuckfaces that have to grow up without a fuckface father. We grieve for this loss of life and our thoughts and prayers go out to the entire Fuckface family. But what happened was not an indictment of dear President Trump. What we need to focus on is unity as a country as we blame Antifa for the death of our dear Fuckface."

• Rage+1 2

4 minutes ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

It’s a terrible place to be, imagining an alternate reality where R or Rs died and the party’s collective decency and humanity magically reappeared. I wish no specific actual harm upon Republicans but gosh it’s nice to visit a world where a demonstrably treasonous seditionist shitbag could be successfully impeached by our elected Congress.  

I’ve no doubt that Trump has dossiers on his bootlickers and that blackmail explains much of the inexplicable. At some point you’d think the obvious carnage they’re enabling would outweigh the selfish concerns. Still waiting for that.

Trump doesn't have anything on them. You continue to think about it from the perspective of a caring human. They dont care. They are doing this to ingratiate themselves with Trump voters. The very same mob that attacked them. And all because they care more about continuing to get elected than actual governance. I would never hire someone so afraid of losing a job that they have a weaker spine than a jellyfish. I have no idea why people would vote for them. Its not that they're hateful even though they are.  Its that they really have no actual ideals or goals. I will take a hateful true believer over a spineless jellyfish any day.  They are more straightforward to deal with.  Trump could tell Cruz to send his wife to Saudi Arabia as a gift to a sheikh and she would be on the next boat there.  Cruz just wants those Trump voters to make him President so he would give them anything. And as President, Cruz isn't going to do jack shit because all he wants is to be President just like he wants to be a Senator now.  Just the title. Nothing more. At least Trump wanted people to swear loyalty to Trump and grift. Its not much of an ethos, but its way more than the bootlickers are working with. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Trump doesn't have anything on them.

I disagree. For all his "Meh, I barely knew him" Trump was a known associate of Little Black Book Jeffrey Epstein and considering how Fatty Barr was involved in that, there is no way, no way at all at all that Trump didn't have the goods on some of those people. He is a mafia man through and through and whether that quote of McCarthy's about Putin have Trump by the short hairs, Trump had his own info or knowledge or he ran a very solid bluff that he did. The number of low life criminals he had in his contact list: Roger Stone, Paul Manafort, et al it wasn't just the populism rally pack that he used to overwhelm the campaign and own it, it was also the knowledge that he could expose things that would turn that rally pack on them to hunt them down like dogs.

Remember how the child pedophile stuff was huge with Q? The Democrats are all pedos, etc? Now, he exposes, lets say, Lindsey G. as someone who has done stuff on a Jerry Sandusky level and he could have the Q crowd whipped up in a rage in no time.

It isn't just the craven power and lack of ethics, they've all had that for awhile even if it was never so boldly expressed. No, I honestly believe he's got the goods on several of those guys. Not all of them. But enough. He's cruel and sadistic and it's just the kind of thing he would love to hold over someone's head.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I disagree. For all his "Meh, I barely knew him" Trump was a known associate of Little Black Book Jeffrey Epstein and considering how Fatty Barr was involved in that, there is no way, no way at all at all that Trump didn't have the goods on some of those people. He is a mafia man through and through and whether that quote of McCarthy's about Putin have Trump by the short hairs, Trump had his own info or knowledge or he ran a very solid bluff that he did. The number of low life criminals he had in his contact list: Roger Stone, Paul Manafort, et al it wasn't just the populism rally pack that he used to overwhelm the campaign and own it, it was also the knowledge that he could expose things that would turn that rally pack on them to hunt them down like dogs.

Remember how the child pedophile stuff was huge with Q? The Democrats are all pedos, etc? Now, he exposes, lets say, Lindsey G. as someone who has done stuff on a Jerry Sandusky level and he could have the Q crowd whipped up in a rage in no time.

It isn't just the craven power and lack of ethics, they've all had that for awhile even if it was never so boldly expressed. No, I honestly believe he's got the goods on several of those guys. Not all of them. But enough. He's cruel and sadistic and it's just the kind of thing he would love to hold over someone's head.

Nah. They are truly that devoid of morals and decency. They would rather sacrifice their lives in a mob than lose power

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Trump doesn't have anything on them. You continue to think about it from the perspective of a caring human. They dont care. They are doing this to ingratiate themselves with Trump voters. The very same mob that attacked them. And all because they care more about continuing to get elected than actual governance. I would never hire someone so afraid of losing a job that they have a weaker spine than a jellyfish. I have no idea why people would vote for them. Its not that they're hateful even though they are.  Its that they really have no actual ideals or goals. I will take a hateful true believer over a spineless jellyfish any day.  They are more straightforward to deal with.  Trump could tell Cruz to send his wife to Saudi Arabia as a gift to a sheikh and she would be on the next boat there.  Cruz just wants those Trump voters to make him President so he would give them anything. And as President, Cruz isn't going to do jack shit because all he wants is to be President just like he wants to be a Senator now.  Just the title. Nothing more. At least Trump wanted people to swear loyalty to Trump and grift. Its not much of an ethos, but its way more than the bootlickers are working with. 

10 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I think it's a little of A and a little of B.  

Definitely this.  And this applies to way more than just Cruz.

Trump could tell Cruz to send his wife to Saudi Arabia as a gift to a sheikh and she would be on the next boat there.  Cruz just wants those Trump voters to make him President so he would give them anything. And as President, Cruz isn't going to do jack shit because all he wants is to be President just like he wants to be a Senator now.  Just the title. Nothing more.

However, I think this is also true.

The number of low life criminals he had in his contact list: Roger Stone, Paul Manafort, et al it wasn't just the populism rally pack that he used to overwhelm the campaign and own it, it was also the knowledge that he could expose things that would turn that rally pack on them to hunt them down like dogs.

The man has been in relative reach of the underworld of NYC for his entire life.  There are people that know things.  A lot of them are being quiet right now, for multiple reasons.

ETA: I think it's very hard for rational humans to understand the depths of depravity that these creatures live in.  Their reality is bereft of love, bereft of compassion.  We try and look at them through our lens of existence.  Their existence is hollow and acidic and sad.  They don't know joy, except at the expense of others.  They don't know love.  They have missed out on most things that we take for granted.  They are broken.  They are the weak.  This tends toward evil because it is easy.  They should be put down.

Edited by Biff Tannen
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

They are doing this to ingratiate themselves with Trump voters. 

here's what's really sad - if the vote was to remove/disqualify 97-3 (cruz, hawley, graham), then what?

are you telling me that trump, who is not in office, is going to band together with his children, jim jordan, and matt gaetz, and primary 40 republican senators (and another 25 house members) in the next 2-4 years?  from florida?  without twitter?  not bloody likely.

yet still they cower.

3 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

Link? 

2 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Ha what a dick 

Any other outlets reporting this? It's sort of a big deal, what trump was doing during.the attack.. And some fam needs convinced