Trump Impeachment 2: Insurrection Boogaloo

Sawbonz

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

They are just so childish. Everything they do and every sentence they spew is just infantile. 

Again, this use of fight that these desperate, soulless lawyers are quoting demonstrates with devastating accuracy how different these people use the word. Does any reasonable person think any of these Dems would have cheered a violent take-over of either the Congress or the White House?

THIS IS THE DIFFERENCE.

Irony-Idiot World will make this shithook they hang their hats on.

"See, they say fight!!!!"

I can't believe this is still going on as I type this. How empty is their bag of tricks that this goes on endlessly?

I can't wait for the questions.

"How many times did the Dems incite violent riots with the words you quote?"

I may go nuts if I watch all of this.

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

Republicans should be embarrassed over this montage of Democrats using the word "fight".  It's like a 10-year-old thinking he has a "gotcha" to get out of punishment.

Fight doesn't equate to "kill", "take it" and "the only good Democrat is a dead Democrat" which are words and phrases they've actually used. 

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Republicans should be embarrassed over this montage of Democrats using the word "fight".  It's like a 10-year-old thinking he has a "gotcha" to get out of punishment.

That's exactly how it's hitting me. I bet somebody was sitting around sooo proud of their work thinking it was some sort of game changer. What the fuck does other people saying "fight" in a hundred different contexts have anything to do with what Trump did? Nobody stormed the capitol after any of those speeches. If I'm a manager at AMC and one of my employees is doing something wrong, I might yell at them to stop or else I will fire them. Everybody who overhears me just keeps going on their merry way. But if I walk into a theater and scream fire, I will likely incite a panic. Context and intent are what matters, not the specific word used. As an attorney, I certainly understand that you occasionally have to argue a bad point, but this is just pathetic.

10 minutes ago, 'stache said:

It's absolutely flawed. California has almost 40 million residents and 2 senators. WY, ND, SD, MT, ID, WV, MS, AR, OK, KY, AL have a combined 25 million or so residents, and 22 senators. Those tiny states control nearly a quarter of the senate and are all red states while California, a large blue state, has 15 million more people and only 2 senate votes. How this has made it this far, I don't know. Maybe people thought when admitting western states to the union they would eventually gain more population? Why the fuck did we need 2 Dakota? Why does Wyoming need its own state government? 

My only speculation as to why this hasn't blown up yet is that people have been at least civil and crazy shit has been kept at bay even by the minority ruling the senate. But today's red state attitude is literally insane. I don't see how this country can continue being ruled by small minded red state mentality while the vast majority of the nation as a whole is continuing to lean blue. I don't know how many more popular vote presidents can lose before this becomes a civil war.

Zero more presidents. We are on the brink of it already. 

Although, I suppose you could have an "aw shucks" Republican win without the popular vote and avoid a civil war. However, that type of Republican no longer exists. You'll only get the asshole "fuck you, its a mandate" type of republican from here on out. At least W tried to be everyone's President, and that's a necessity from someone who lost the popular vote. 

6 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

That's exactly how it's hitting me. I bet somebody was sitting around sooo proud of their work thinking it was some sort of game changer. What the fuck does other people saying "fight" in a hundred different contexts have anything to do with what Trump did? Nobody stormed the capitol after any of those speeches. If I'm a manager at AMC and one of my employees is doing something wrong, I might yell at them to stop or else I will fire them. Everybody who overhears me just keeps going on their merry way. But if I walk into a theater and scream fire, I will likely incite a panic. Context and intent are what matters, not the specific word used. As an attorney, I certainly understand that you occasionally have to argue a bad point, but this is just pathetic.

What?  You mean that you didn't incite people to attack or receive blow jobs from Oklahomans because you yelled Texas Fight and OU sucks?

7 minutes ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

what's the schedule -- house managers get the opportunity to rebut, right? 

Still say it's fucking horseshit if they don't have any witnesses. 

Your honor, Chewbacca does not live on Endor. He lives on the Millennium Falcon.  Even his attempt to distract you is factually incorrect. The prosecution rests.

2 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

If they aren't there for the evidence how can they vote?  Wish they would just stay away in protest for the vote.

They already said this was a sham because there was no investigation, there's no evidence, this was done way too fast, etc. Now they can add "I didn't even get to see any defense of Trump" to the list. 

8 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

This first amendment argument is wild.  By their rationale, Trump could publicly instruct China to invade California, broadcast the nuclear codes, and it wouldn’t be impeachable because of the first amendment.  INSANE.

that's exactly what the dem managers should say in closing.  in a real court of law the pubs would have fucked up massively by going here.

Schenck v. United States, 249 U.S. 47 (1919): speech that is dangerous and false is not protected, as opposed to speech that is dangerous but also true.

in other words, you can't yell fire in a theater.

CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER bitches.

This guy wouldn't win a middle school debate with this bullshit.  Not that it matters. The Senate already voted before this even started. 

Fuck it. Let's just get the Civil War started. This shit isn't sustainable. Maybe in the aftermath we can elect people who put country over self and party.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

how in the everloving fuck are we going to split up the country?  who gets the air force?  who gets the nukes?

Split it all up.  A plane for everybody.  Every state can have a nuke. Whatever.  Red states will sell their assets off anyway.  They won't want to spend to maintain them. Norad will be Canada and a union of blue states. 

"As you can see in this video of Bob, he is clearly not killing his wife here. Just having dinner. No wife killing at all. I rest my case."

"You cut out the part of the video where 10 minutes later Bob stabs his wife in the head with his steak knife."

"Yep, rest my case."

27 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

I could listen Madonna's Vogue video all day, although to be honest, it seems a bit gay.

If your business relies on gay clientele, blasting that song in the open doors of your business is a good way to draw us in off the street, FYI.

Also, I'm not watching, why is Madonna being discussed?

• Hook 'Em 2