Trump Impeachment 2: Insurrection Boogaloo

Sawbonz

7 minutes ago, Red Five said:

She should pause every five minutes or so and say something like "Just a reminder that while this was happening, Trump was watching on tv and digging it and refusing to tell them to leave and refusing to send the national guard". 

Actually, what they should be doing is calling witnesses to testify to that fact. 

• Hook 'Em 3

12 minutes ago, Red Five said:

She should pause every five minutes or so and say something like "Just a reminder that while this was happening, Trump was watching on tv and digging it and refusing to tell them to leave and refusing to send the national guard". 

Has footage of what he was doing after the speech and during the raid ever been made public?   We know he was watching it all on TV, but the only clips we have are of him watching before he took the stage at the rally, right?  Or did others surface?

30 minutes ago, Lobo said:

She's using my 9/11 comparative post from a couple weeks ago.  She looks better delivering it though.  

I turned it on to catch the release of the security footage and caught that section; her tale of the American civilians who died after confronting the terrorists on the plane. I was fighting back tears. It brought back so many memories of the phone calls to loved ones those folks made.

These Republican bastards. Millions of Americans aren't going to watch that and cry for what cause and country those people gave their lives, they will get their clips from their propaganda sources, and burrow into their white foxholes, and whine about how they can't go eat at some restaurant without a mask or how some person called them a name.

Cowards and selfish stupid ungrateful yellow pustules on a pig pecker.

Pardon me while I go bake something. I am mad and sad and sorry that even though Biden won the election, we've lost the war.

Damn Cruz and Cornyn while I'm at it. Fuck them too.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

Has footage of what he was doing after the speech and during the raid ever been made public?   We know he was watching it all on TV, but the only clips we have are of him watching before he took the stage at the rally, right?  Or did others surface?

He was back at the White House by that point. 

40 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Millions of Americans aren't going to watch that and cry for what cause and country those people gave their lives, they will get their clips from their propaganda sources, and burrow into their white foxholes, and whine about how they can't go eat at some restaurant without a mask or how some person called them a name.

This is who we are.

christ i just tried to watch like 2 mins. I can't fucking take it. will someone just call these assholes the cocksuckers that they are? and demand the punishment for the chief cocksucker that he deserves. the more you put this into the existing formal and legal infrastructure I almost feel like its the more you normalise it. Trump should never, ever be called President Trump again. Cocksucker awaiting prison is it. All this existing pomp and circumstance is just fucking nauseating. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Is there a rule against calling out senators by name that aren’t paying attention?  Because they should get the grade school treatment for acting like dicks. Don’t let FN and others pretend that these senators are doing their jobs. Shame them, and shame them often. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, staboner said:

christ i just tried to watch like 2 mins. I can't fucking take it. will someone just call these assholes the cocksuckers that they are? and demand the punishment for the chief cocksucker that he deserves. the more you put this into the existing formal and legal infrastructure I almost feel like its the more you normalise it. Trump should never, ever be called President Trump again. Cocksucker awaiting prison is it. All this existing pomp and circumstance is just fucking nauseating. 

good day mate

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pablo said:

Watching coverage today infuriates me that the Rs are going to acquit because they deem it unconstitutional, when it clearly isn’t.  Fucking maddening. 

Oh I doubt they earnestly deem it unconstitutional. That’s just convenient pablum to serve as suppressive fire so they can make their escape.

• Hook 'Em 3

16 minutes ago, staboner said:

Look on the bright side. It's almost no-Nuke Friday.

But yeah, it's heartbreaking, enraging, and completely expected all at once. The indifference to any sense of morality or decency will never not be shocking, even when everything has been obvious for while.

If you grant Trump's lie as the truth, overthrowing the government is actually kind of reasonable. If the things that Trump claimed over and over were true, violence had to have seemed justified by the true believers. How could it not?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

In all the videos I’ve seen since 1/6/21, I’ve seen one light-skinned black dude inside the Capitol. I’ve seen a “Blacks for Trump” sign outside but I’ve never seen who was carrying it. Other than that it’s been a unanimously white exercise. Hardly a coincidence.

C41ykViXUAUC1UL?format=jpg&name=medium

Fake fucking news, Trump consistently consulted with a diverse cross section of America.  This includes several darkies as proven by this photo:

img_1255.jpg

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Didn’t this dipstick vote the opposite yesterday?

He's trying to eat his cake and have it too.  Fucker thinks he's Oliver Wendell Holmes.

Nothing in the Constitution says that impeachment jurisdiction is discretionary, either.

giphy.gif

Just now, DDD Dad said:

WTF is Lee talking about?  As a juror you don't get to move to strike; if it's not false then the President can present him in their case.

Seems like If Lee wants to argue he didn’t make those comments, put him under oath to be give testimony what he said and didn’t say that day.

• Hook 'Em 2

I can understand the etiquette that if a senator says he didn’t say something, he should be fully believed. However, I wouldn’t put it past Lee to argue this statement wasn’t said by him because it wasn’t a fully accurate quote.

a juror shouldn’t be able to strike evidence without a willingness to testify.

Admittedly I don’t like seeing the House managers using news reports as “evidence.” However we know the senate doesn’t want this to be a real trial in which witnesses are required to testify under oath.

Welp, got my first dipshit Trumper associate claiming that, after seeing the footage, only reason Romney voted to proceed with Impeachment Hearings was because he was scared for his safety and felt obligated to do so to show appreciation to Capitol Police officers.  So that line of reasoning is happening right now with college educated people  Give my dipshit associate credit though, he last thought Romney was voting to remove from office because of a secret Mormon cabal controlling our government.  

Welp, got my first dipshit Trumper associate claiming that, after seeing the footage, only reason Romney voted to proceed with Impeachment Hearings was because he was scared for his safety and felt obligated to do so to show appreciation to Capitol Police officers.  So that line of reasoning is happening right now with college educated people  Give my dipshit associate credit though, he last thought Romney was voting to remove from office because of a secret Mormon cabal controlling our government.  

Well, the Mormons are the New World Jews and God’s really truly chosen, no? Seems like a natural extension of the conspiracy hypothesis.

9 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Or the Mormon cabal that controls our government made Romney lay down cover today and it worked. Now the cabal can get back to its real business in secrecy.  

I just can't take a conspiracy group seriously that meets in the shadows to usurp our democracy over Hot Chocolate and Fairy Tales.  I prefer Whiskey & Lies.