Trump Impeachment 2: Insurrection Boogaloo

Sawbonz

7 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

So clearly the Rs aren't going to acquit him, regardless of how many videos they put together.  Is this just another "show it to the American people and hope they remember to not vote R next time" ploy?

It's a foregone conclusion, but you (and many others) would be (rightly) ripping the Dem impeachment managers for not putting together the best and most damning case they can and laying it out to both the Senate and the American people. 

It's not their fault the GOP has no conscience and no spine.  But it still has to be done. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

It's a foregone conclusion, but you (and many others) would be (rightly) ripping the Dem impeachment managers for not putting together the best and most damning case they can and laying it out to both the Senate and the American people. 

It's not their fault the GOP has no conscience and no spine.  But it still has to be done. 

Greg Sargent had something to say about that:

5 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I don’t have a link but Norah O’Donnell opened the CBS News coverage of the impeachment with breaking news that Georgia has opened a criminal investigation into Trump’s election meddling. 

Yeah, he could be in some real trouble there.  I hope he spends the rest of his miserable life defending himself against a relentless onslaught of lawsuits.

11 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Greg Sargent had something to say about that:

They need to play footage of that traitor realtor from Odessa or where ever saying that she was responding to doTARd'S call, and thought what she was doing was ok, because he condoned it.

Apparently there are a dozen or so more who have been arrested who said basically the exact same thing.

This is all the more reason for the dems to put on witnesses. He is bluffing that they should be swayed by evidence. So really sway them then. Make it fucking hard to refute the facts so as to condemn them if they ignore them and vote to acquit. 

That or he is pissed that Trump went so cheap on the lawyers that they have no cover. He might fuck him now so that he can't grift on re-election shit and if Georgia sues and he has been convicted by congress, he will more easily be convicted for those crimes. Sigh, a girl can dream when you are banking on a power hungry evil turtle.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

it'll be interesting to see the actual argument over the last point.  when everyone was digging through the losers social media showing pre-Jan 6 statements that they were going to storm the castle, i was saying that is good evidence for trump.  the prosecution(?, whatever we call it) should detail how trump knew he was talking to tuned up people, knew that they were close to the edge, and his statements were intended to push them over the edge. you have to work their pre-existing anger into the narrative.  otherwise, trump can make the argument too easy that these were just nutballs.  if he said those same words in front of all of us, we'd just laugh at him.  trump needs to be seen as incorporating their unreasonableness into his decision to say all those things.

trump started cultivating this mob years ago.  trump primed them by ramping up claims that the election would be stolen in the middle of last year.  then enraged them following the results of the election.  then trump invited them to washington for trump's rally.  trump's surrogates were meeting with them on january 5.  that's terrible evidence for trump.  that's manufacturing the powder, putting the powder in the keg and then throwing lit matches at it. 

if trump were speaking arabic in youtube videos we'd have airstriked him. 

Edited by elfenix
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

This is all the more reason for the dems to put on witnesses. He is bluffing that they should be swayed by evidence. So really sway them then. Make it fucking hard to refute the facts so as to condemn them if they ignore them and vote to acquit. 

That or he is pissed that Trump went so cheap on the lawyers that they have no cover. He might fuck him now so that he can't grift on re-election shit and if Georgia sues and he has been convicted by congress, he will more easily be convicted for those crimes. Sigh, a girl can dream when you are banking on a power hungry evil turtle.

Nope. That just McConnell getting in front of the story. He’s a turtle that likes to play with his meal before eating it. No punishment for Trump. 

I do like the prosecutor methodology of the 1, 2, 3. That is simple and easier to remember. 

6 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

The jokes on Seth because most of them don't have a conscience. 

• Rage+1 2

4 minutes ago, elfenix said:

trump invited them to washington for trump's rally.  trump's surrogates were meeting with them on january 5.  that's terrible evidence for trump.  that's putting the powder in the keg and then throwing lit matches at it. 

They really need that Jan 5th meeting hammered home especially the Roger Stone parts. Roger could’ve gotten them killed and they know he wouldn’t have cared if it was an R or a D. 

I’ve been reading about the 1898 insurrection that took place in Wilmington, North Carolina and if you’re not familiar with this event, I highly recommend reading up on it.  The Wikipedia entry of this, the events that preceded it, and the fallout are horrible but prescient.  The recommended further readings are good too.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilmington_insurrection_of_1898

Long story short, a bunch of white supremacists engaged in what can only be described as violent pre-Mussolini fascism...and they succeeded.  Red shirts, voter intimidation/suppression, propaganda, genocide.  

“As the violence spread, Waddell led a group to the Republican mayor, Silas P. Wright. Waddell forced Wright, the board of aldermen, and the police chief to resign at gunpoint.[22] The mob installed a new city council that elected Waddell to take over as mayor by 4 p.m. that day.[8]

Waddell remained Mayor of Wilmington until 1905. Before he died in 1912, he was the keynote speaker at the unveiling of the Confederate monument at the Forsyth County Courthouse, where he was praised as a "gallant" soldier and proclaimed: "I thank God that monuments to the Confederate soldiers are rapidly multiplying in the land. I rejoice in the fact for many reasons, but chiefly because of its significance from one point-of-view."[116]

/NCSB

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

charlie brown football pull GIF

How can anyone still trust what McConnell says?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

19 minutes ago, elfenix said:

A billion times this.  And they fucking KNOW IT.  If Trump was a brown muslim, saying the exact same things and calling for the exact same actions....we'd have had multiple Predators loitering overhead to pop his terrorist ass for months.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, elfenix said:

trump started cultivating this mob years ago.  trump primed them by ramping up claims that the election would be stolen in the middle of last year.  then enraged them following the results of the election.  then trump invited them to washington for trump's rally.  trump's surrogates were meeting with them on january 5.  that's terrible evidence for trump.  that's manufacturing the powder, putting the powder in the keg and then throwing lit matches at it. 

This right here. 

27 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

charlie brown football pull GIF

How can anyone still trust what McConnell says?

His own words over the entirety of his tenure as a senator show someone who will say whatever he has to in order to get what he wants. He is not changing now and no one should believe a word he says on anything. Lying to achieve his personal goals is ingrained in his DNA at this point.

you know, the fire hose of his twitter account was so overwhelming that it seemed strangely normal. but this analysis of his repeated messaging about the election is devastating, imo. he was following a fascist game plan, and it's so fucking obvious as swalwell and castro have catalogued. i see no way republicans can reconcile an acquittal with their moral hahahaha what the fuck am i talking about

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4
  • Rage+1 2

Of course, he'll be acquitted but I'm enjoying the thought of how Trumps is in his little golf club absolutely fuming because he has no outlet to spew his anger at what's being said about him. He just has to sit and take it. 

Edited by mdmost

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

Of course, he'll be acquitted but I'm enjoying the thought of how Trumps is in his little golf club absolutely fuming because he has no outlet to spew his anger at what's being said about him. He just has to sit and take it. 

kaitlan collins reported that he was getting all shouty yesterday during his defense.

lulz.

• Like 1

wow, so i'm only incrementally watching as i pass through the living room, but abby phillips on cnn just reported that many republican senators are purposefully not listening, with feet up on their desk, reading books or other materials. 

how fucking disrespectful. shameful. well, it would be shameful if they had any fucking shame left in their black, selfish hearts. they were in the fucking capitol when it was stormed! their shit was looted, broken, rifled through. 

i simply cannot process the mindset it takes to be such a fuckstick.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

The compelling arguments and evidence that the House Managers provide will mean nothing to the majority of the Republican senators.  After the House Managers rest, Trump's lead counsel will announce to Leahy that they will rest without putting on any evidence and state they are ready to go to the vote.  Then, like young Henry Hill's attorney in Goodfellas, he'll turn to the Republican senators and give them that smile.

Image result for henry hill's lawyer goodfellas

3 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

wow, so i'm only incrementally watching as i pass through the living room, but abby phillips on cnn just reported that many republican senators are purposefully not listening, with feet up on their desk, reading books or other materials. 

how fucking disrespectful. shameful. well, it would be shameful if they had any fucking shame left in their black, selfish hearts. they were in the fucking capitol when it was stormed! their shit was looted, broken, rifled through. 

i simply cannot process the mindset it takes to be such a fuckstick.

Do you spend lots of time trying to process why terrorists are terrorists? 

• Hook 'Em 1