Trump Impeachment 2: Insurrection Boogaloo

Sawbonz

2 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

...History will not be kind.

I agree with pretty much everything you said prior to this sentence, but this sentence is going to depend upon:

1. How quickly the fascists take over in the coming decade and how thoroughly they are able to wipe clean any evidence of their perfidy, sedition, and actual physical crimes.

2. Concurrent with the above, how much they are able to inculcate the generations w/o a resistance party. SEE: Education, the 1776 History Curriculum.

3. How much our former allies are able to secret away in their own archives. We evidential proof that Trump was fine with archive tampering.

An underground resistance movement is the only way history endures. If the states are no longer united, a lot of the historical record disappears. How odd to think of our states becoming quasi countries complete with refugees seeking shelter. Canada will have a decision to make.

Sorry, that was a derail, back on topic:

39 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

this is 100% why he isn't wearing the yarmulke. 

If Roy Cohn didn't wear a yarmulke when lawyering (and he didn't), I expect neither will any subsequent Trump lawyer, and they don't. Trump is consistent on some things.

25 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

They're not worried about donny's mean words as much as they are the trumptards in their state primarying them. 

18 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

How the fuck are we here? We have a Senate that will not punish an insurrectionist ex-president because he is the leader of their party and his fucked up base might get them primaried? Instead of protecting THEIR branch of government, their institution...they are so weak as to protect a seditious vomitous goo bucket because...he might be able to tell cretins not to vote for them?  Did they not notice that he couldn't control them already? Some are never going to vote again because no Trump. These fucking Senators are a disgrace to our country. History will not be kind.

see, this is where i think they are miscalculating, and massively so. senators are harder to unseat than reps for the one thing. 

but the big thing to me is georgia. that shit was not supposed to happen in fucking georgia. but trump himself suppressed the republican vote by messaging to voters that they shouldn't vote because the vote is rigged. the trumpies are waking up that q is not real, that trump lost the election, and that the revolution is over and the bums lost.

2048f55d5562523b7205b369ef9e2273.gif

and they don't have the votes.

QBVn.gif

now is the time for republicans to cut him loose. they may still do it, if the defense continues to be this incompetent, but i really believe that they are massively misplaying their hand with regards to trump. i could be wrong.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

I beg to differ.  I envision a CLE presentation that begins with excerpts from the defense argument that the presenter follows with "Don't do that.  Any questions?  Ok, none.  I see in the back that lunch is about to be served so I'll give you 45 minutes back.  Thank you."

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, hayden_horn said:

now is the time for republicans to cut him loose. they may still do it, if the defense continues to be this incompetent, but i really believe that they are massively misplaying their hand with regards to trump. i could be wrong.

No way they will cut him loose. Absolutely not. They are on board, full steam ahead, they are going for 2022 and beyond. We have probably two years, realistically to get people signed up to vote, figure out how to keep voter suppression from happening, and challenge all the gerrymandering and laws that are going to be enacted. That doesn't include keeping the machines on the up and up.

It's going to be GO time because they are definitely going to Hail Mary the shit out of the next election and 2024.

10 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

"When we say people?  Why do we say that?  What makes a people, a person?  And who gets to decide whose people the person the people could be?  And that's really what Mr. Castor was trying to achieve in the hearing."  

That happened.  Today.  On CSPAN.  In the country my grandfather and father went overseas to protect.  Well done.  

9 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

And the Dems will never mention this.

Well because Pelosi gave them some room to run. She called it an emergency to impeach and then didn't deliver it for a week. Mitch would have still done nothing but the Dems keep making unforced errors in messaging.

3 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

No way they will cut him loose. Absolutely not. They are on board, full steam ahead, they are going for 2022 and beyond. We have probably two years, realistically to get people signed up to vote, figure out how to keep voter suppression from happening, and challenge all the gerrymandering and laws that are going to be enacted. That doesn't include keeping the machines on the up and up.

It's going to be GO time because they are definitely going to Hail Mary the shit out of the next election and 2024.

to be clear, i don't think they are going to cut him loose. i'm just making the argument that they should.

1 minute ago, Dr. Teeth said:

Well because Pelosi gave them some room to run. She called it an emergency to impeach and then didn't deliver it for a week. Mitch would have still done nothing but the Dems keep making unforced errors in messaging.

There was also a tactical reason for waiting for the new senate to be seated - the controlling party sets the rules for the impeachment, and I'm sure you remember the ratfucking last year

4 minutes ago, Lobo said:

"When we say people?  Why do we say that?  What makes a people, a person?  And who gets to decide whose people the person the people could be?  And that's really what Mr. Castor was trying to achieve in the hearing."  

That happened.  Today.  On CSPAN.  In the country my grandfather and father went overseas to protect.  Well done.  

She's a parody account; or did you mean the actual attorney, cause yeah that must have been horrific based on the comments here.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Check tweet source and report back on findings.  

Yeah, I know.  It's just that most of this same shit actually did happen and was carried around the world on all the cable channels being broadcast to all four corners of allies and enemies.  She was being silly.  But the shit that got spewed out was heard around the world.  We all know what's gonna happen here in the U.S. but it's what other nations hear that's hilariously sickening.  

Just now, Captainant said:

There was also a tactical reason for waiting for the new senate to be seated - the controlling party sets the rules for the impeachment, and I'm sure you remember the ratfucking last year

I agree, but the reason they can't mention it is because of the delay. Rs are going to change the narrative for whatever way they choose. I actually prefer the delay and a difficult trial for Trump and the Rs. You just can't mention it. I wouldn't have been upset if Pelosi kept their own debate going until the new Senate was in place. But you have to control messaging and they don't do that well.

21 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

see, this is where i think they are miscalculating, and massively so. senators are harder to unseat than reps for the one thing. 

but the big thing to me is georgia. that shit was not supposed to happen in fucking georgia. but trump himself suppressed the republican vote by messaging to voters that they shouldn't vote because the vote is rigged. the trumpies are waking up that q is not real, that trump lost the election, and that the revolution is over and the bums lost.

2048f55d5562523b7205b369ef9e2273.gif

and they don't have the votes.

QBVn.gif

I think you're right that this was the time to do it and the Rs are as stupid as they are cowardly. They had the chance to cut him loose, but only if they acted more or less in concert. In that case, they'd probably all have been fine at the ballot box.

But the same is not true imo when there's a civil war within the trumpublican party as there is now. Establishment Rs really don't want dickheads like Gaetz agitating the trumptard base and campaigning against them just to earn some attention and affection from dotard. 

I think we've seen Mitch reach this conclusion. He rightly thought this was the perfect time to ditch dotard, but was surprised to find he was in the minority on that, so now that dickless wonder is holding on for dear life on the trump train to hell. 

Edited by Hookah Horns
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Teeth said:

I agree, but the reason they can't mention it is because of the delay. Rs are going to change the narrative for whatever way they choose. I actually prefer the delay and a difficult trial for Trump and the Rs. You just can't mention it. I wouldn't have been upset if Pelosi kept their own debate going until the new Senate was in place. But you have to control messaging and they don't do that well.

Agreed. The dems need leadership born in the last 50 years that understand how normal people get information. Nancy is going to make them pry it from her cold hands

Just now, Ghost of LL said:

And judging by the decision I received from the Court today, you have some eminent jurists who agree with you.

Oh, you had an argument.  It's just that all three of them were actively coughing "bullshit!" during your argument.  That was definitely a sign.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

Yeah, I know.  It's just that most of this same shit actually did happen and was carried around the world on all the cable channels being broadcast to all four corners of allies and enemies.  She was being silly.  But the shit that got spewed out was heard around the world.  We all know what's gonna happen here in the U.S. but it's what other nations hear that's hilariously sickening.  

True, true. This is one of my favorites of her the other day; she's Walt Shaub's grand-daughter so that tweet below is even funnier knowing that.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Lulz

He knows he's gonna be acquitted, what does it matter how shitty the defense is? We all know what happened, it's just a matter of dickless republicans who represent a minority of people but who hold office becasue of the fucked up way we conduct our senate. 

Applying GOP logic to WWII:

The Normandy invasion is a shameless partisan stunt. The Allies should put the world’s interests ahead of their own, and move forward peacefully in the spirit of unity.

It was wrong when the Nazis invaded France without justification and, now that hindsight has shown how wrong that was, we should not allow the Allies to set a dangerous precedent by invading France.

Nazis were being peaceful until they were tricked into enthusiastic Naziism by under cover anti-Nazis.

Because France is now German territory, the French are foreigners and any invasion of France by the French would violate international law.

Edited by BrickHorn
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 2

11 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

to be clear, i don't think they are going to cut him loose. i'm just making the argument that they should.

Yes, they should. Rip the damn bandage off. I'm a pretty soft touch as a mom when it comes to some things with my kiddos. I will always make cinnamon rolls when they ask for them, I will go to every event but not embarrass them (too) much, but sometimes when you make a mistake, life has a sting and you have to just get it over with quickly and move forward with the consequence. I'm seeing a whole lot of spoiling and people who rarely, if ever, suffer consequences. Who the hell raised these people?

5 minutes ago, 'stache said:

He knows he's gonna be acquitted, what does it matter how shitty the defense is? We all know what happened, it's just a matter of dickless republicans who represent a minority of people but who hold office becasue of the fucked up way we conduct our senate. 

You know what I would have respected more?  Him just letting his/Trump's nuts hang.  His whole argument should have been this:

"I'm not going to waste much of my time, and I don't give a fuck about your time.  Republican Senators, you know what you're gonna do, I know what you're gonna do, because I fucking own you.  So, blah blah blah.  You'll do what I fucking tell you.  Vote "no" on this measure.  Vote to acquit when it makes it to trial.  Do that, and we won't shit all over you in the press and stump for your opponent come primary time.

So, do as you're fucking told, you little bitches.  Lick my nutsweat and thank me for the privilege.

Now, I'm done.  I'm gonna leave here and go fuck your wives and/or sisters.  And you'll write me a thank you note afterwards.  Adios."

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

It's not strictly relevant, but 18 USC 2101 defines the federal crime of inciting a riot.

Note that you don't have to be the sole proximate cause of a riot, just contribute to it in the enumerated ways. So this notion that certain groups were planning to riot anyway is bullshit.  Moreover, receiving encouragement from the POTUS insured that those turds would go through with it and think that they would be protected from their crimes.

*ensured

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

8 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

I think you're right that this was the time to do it and the Rs are as stupid as they are cowardly. They had the chance to cut him loose, but only if they acted more or less in concert. In that case, they'd probably all have been fine at the ballot box.

But the same is not true imo when there's a civil war within the trumpublican party as there is now. Establishment Rs really don't want dickheads like Gaetz agitating the trumptard base and campaigning against them just to earn some attention and affection from dotard. 

I think we've seen Mitch reach this conclusion. He rightly thought this was the perfect time to ditch dotard, but was surprised to find he was in the minority on that, so now that dickless wonder is holding on for dear life on the trump train to hell. 

but dickhead gaetz is already doing that. he already flew to wyoming to rally against liz cheney. 

my contention is this: the republicans are in the big fight for their identity a decade from now. my point is that it's my belief that if they cut trump loose now, and they should, he might start his new party or whatever. but i think that machine is fading, and those voters, the patriots, the q people, are going to become disaffected and lost their steam for their movement. you can only string people along for a finite time period. they already did in georgia, which resulted in two democratic senators.

if they don't cut him loose, and matt gaetz and jim jordan and other fuckfaces are going to continue to stoke the crazy. had they chosen to cut him loose, i think it takes some of the air out of gaetz's sales, because those people on the capitol steps in wyoming aren't showing up unless their orange god is. the republican senate has the ability to completely mitigate any of that fuckery.

14 minutes ago, 'stache said:

This is all there is to it. If a good outcome for the nation depends on the decency and patriotism of GOP senators, we’ve already lost. Party over country and it’s not even close.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

38 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Yes, they should. Rip the damn bandage off. I'm a pretty soft touch as a mom when it comes to some things with my kiddos. I will always make cinnamon rolls when they ask for them, I will go to every event but not embarrass them (too) much, but sometimes when you make a mistake, life has a sting and you have to just get it over with quickly and move forward with the consequence. I'm seeing a whole lot of spoiling and people who rarely, if ever, suffer consequences. Who the hell raised these people?

Fred & Mary Trump

44 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

True, true. This is one of my favorites of her the other day; she's Walt Shaub's grand-daughter so that tweet below is even funnier knowing that.

Also....I dig her SO much.  Smart, funny, and yeah....she's exactly my type.  Curvy dark-haired beauty with a stinging wit.  I'd follow her to the gates of hell.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Also....I dig her SO much.  Smart, funny, and yeah....she's exactly my type.  Curvy dark-haired beauty with a stinging wit.  I'd follow her to the gates of hell.

I've seen your other posts. It would probably  definitely be easier to make a listing of the 10 or so women that aren't your type. NTTIAWWT

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2