Trump Impeachment 2: Insurrection Boogaloo

Sawbonz

1 minute ago, burntorangebongos said:

My fucking office internet is out so I'm only keeping up by this thread. What is happening? 

1 minute ago, burntorangebongos said:

My fucking office internet is out so I'm only keeping up by this thread. What is happening? 

they are voting aye or nay on the constitutionality. murkowski just voted aye.

1 hour ago, tantric superman said:

Shit, brisket and ghost of LL would have done this on contingency and would have mispronounced voir dire about 10 times by now.

WTF?  I already commented on this weeks ago.  I'll sell out my country, but I ain't cheap.  I'd 100% have taken this gig.  $50 million, up front, cash.  No fucking check, wire transfer, or any of that shit.  Sacks of money, counted and validated by bank machines before I lift a finger in the effort.

1 hour ago, Ghost of LL said:

Holy shit.  I hadn't tuned in until the last five minutes or so.  But good God--there's no coherent thought here at all.  Nothing.

This is just amazing.  I cannot fathom getting up in front of the Senate with absolutely nothing to say and winging it.

Oh, you can fathom it.  Remember, I've seen you argue.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Dahobbs said:

Not so bold prediction: that will also be the final-final tally. 

Yep.

The trial doesn't matter for the ultimate result.  They're just making a record of how anti-American, anti-rule of law the GOP is.  And the record will show that they are ALL THE WAY anti-American and anti-rule of law.

Show the world and the American people the absolute legal, moral, and intellectual bankruptcy of the GOP.  And never stop.  Fucking shame and humiliate them with every breath you have, every available moment, every opportunity, and when there aren't opportunities, MAKE opportunities.  Relentlessly.  Never stop.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

10 minutes ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

yeah I'd like to look into that Bobbit argument the guy cited....smells like bullshit (I had Bobbit in law school as well)

Was your class held at his house too? His class on Terror and Consent was a treat. 

He let me down here though. 

https://www.lawfareblog.com/why-senate-shouldnt-hold-late-impeachment-trial

1 minute ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Probably less.  Don't see Cassidy siding with Impeachment.  55-45 looks like the final tally at best.

Cassidy was on the Sunday morning shows and he said he hasn't made a decision and wants to hear the case.  Basically, he is saying he will not vote to convict but wants to act like he is going to think about it.

• Like 1

Honestly the more comical defense and having the 45 or so no votes he will get regardless just makes it clear that the GOP is Trump's bitch moving forward.  Granted it probably was already and he is smart enough for that to be his strategy in this trial, but how weakened is the GOP if these clowns put on this defense and they still vote to acquit?  

3 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Cassidy was on the Sunday morning shows and he said he hasn't made a decision and wants to hear the case.  Basically, he is saying he will not vote to convict but wants to act like he is going to think about it.

suffice it to say, his brow is very furrowed.

republicans are a joke, yall. there is no convincing, they know he should be convicted. they know he is toxic. the problem is that he is toxic to them personally. they have misjudged this moment of history. this is a time to do the right thing, and cut loose the albatross of donald j trump. he's effectively silenced now that his twitter megaphone is gone. little marco, lyin ted, yall are out of the crosshairs. have some fucking integrity. i know, i know.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, hayden_horn said:

suffice it to say, his brow is very furrowed.

republicans are a joke, yall. there is no convincing, they know he should be convicted. they know he is toxic. the problem is that he is toxic to them personally. they have misjudged this moment of history. this is a time to do the right thing, and cut loose the albatross of donald j trump. he's effectively silenced now that his twitter megaphone is gone. little marco, lyin ted, yall are out of the crosshairs. have some fucking integrity. i know, i know.

They're not worried about donny's mean words as much as they are the trumptards in their state primarying them. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Hookah Horns said:

They're not worried about donny's mean words as much as they are the trumptards in their state primarying them. 

This is the answer right here.  They don't want to lose their jobs and when I say jobs I mean being a Senator OR going on to be a right wing talking head on Fox News.  If they piss of the base they could lose their seat as a Senator and have no use for Fox, OAN, Newmax, right wing radio, any conservative PAC, etc...  Gutless pussies the lot of em'. 

4 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

And in doing so cementing their place as a minority party.  But hey, if you're in a safe district/state I guess you just keep on grifting.

Edited by WBT

Pubs are so scared of things like this.  They don't understand that Don doesn't have the infrastructure, intelligence, or vision to lift something like this off.  If they chop off his head now, his power will fade.  It'll hurt for a cycle or two, but allowing him to continue to be a powerbroker is so short-sighted

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Walking the razor’s edge. 

How the fuck are we here? We have a Senate that will not punish an insurrectionist ex-president because he is the leader of their party and his fucked up base might get them primaried? Instead of protecting THEIR branch of government, their institution...they are so weak as to protect a seditious vomitous goo bucket because...he might be able to tell cretins not to vote for them?  Did they not notice that he couldn't control them already? Some are never going to vote again because no Trump. These fucking Senators are a disgrace to our country. History will not be kind.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

How the fuck are we here? We have a Senate that will not punish an insurrectionist ex-president because he is the leader of their party and his fucked up base might get them primaried? Instead of protecting THEIR branch of government, their institution...they are so weak as to protect a seditious vomitous goo bucket because...he might be able to tell cretins not to vote for them?  Did they not notice that he couldn't control them already? Some are never going to vote again because no Trump. These fucking Senators are a disgrace to our country. History will not be kind.

Sounds like you understand it perfectly.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

....if we make it to "history."

The are playing Russian roulette with the Republic, motivated only by personal power gains and/or pure cowardice.  If we survive this, every one of their tombstones should be urine-soaked forevermore.

12 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

cassidy from louisiana

Lost now on the country miles in his Cadillac
I can tell by the way you smile, he’s rolling back
Come wash the nighttime clean
Come grow the scorched ground green

Blow the horn and tap the tambourine
Close the gap of the dark years in between
You and me
Cassidy

• Hook 'Em 1