Trump Impeachment 2: Insurrection Boogaloo

Sawbonz

1 minute ago, FondrenRoad said:

It was better when they were appointed rather than elected. It is supposed to be an educated and earned position. The house is for the rabble. 

Yeah, I'm sure the Texas legislature would appoint someone better than Ted Cruz and John Cornyn.

• Haha 4

14 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

If your business relies on gay clientele, blasting that song in the open doors of your business is a good way to draw us in off the street, FYI.

Also, I'm not watching, why is Madonna being discussed?

because their montage of people saying 'fight' to argue their whataboutism point included Madonna. and Johnny Depp. i think Depp said he might want to punch Trump. something like that. 

yeah, really.

1 minute ago, wildcat09 said:

Yeah, I'm sure the Texas legislature would appoint someone better than Ted Cruz and John Cornyn.

In Texas, it would be for sale. So it would be someone like Fertitta or Mattress Mac. And both would be better than Cruz or Cornyn because they would actually deal.  In NY, you'd get someone better than Schumer or Gillibrand too. Long term policy wonks instead. 

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

Republicans should be embarrassed over this montage of Democrats using the word "fight".  It's like a 10-year-old thinking he has a "gotcha" to get out of punishment.

Hillary’s campaign theme was Fight Song!!1!!1!!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I guess the argument is antifa should have prevented the insurrection??

Without comment, it is worth noting how smart the leaders of the Civil Rights movement were in doing all they could not to let violence from their supporters supplant their message. Because, of  @Ojo Rojo last sentence in his post.

Edited by Willfully Horn
More fully

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

Republicans should be embarrassed over this montage of Democrats using the word "fight".  It's like a 10-year-old thinking he has a "gotcha" to get out of punishment.

I, for one, appreciate that trumps defense decided to prepare something by day 4. At least we get to see their best argument instead of the right always being able to demonize the lawyers like they will for day 1.

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

It's absolutely flawed. California has almost 40 million residents and 2 senators. WY, ND, SD, MT, ID, WV, MS, AR, OK, KY, AL have a combined 25 million or so residents, and 22 senators. Those tiny states control nearly a quarter of the senate and are all red states while California, a large blue state, has 15 million more people and only 2 senate votes. How this has made it this far, I don't know. Maybe people thought when admitting western states to the union they would eventually gain more population? Why the fuck did we need 2 Dakota? Why does Wyoming need its own state government? 

My only speculation as to why this hasn't blown up yet is that people have been at least civil and crazy shit has been kept at bay even by the minority ruling the senate. But today's red state attitude is literally insane. I don't see how this country can continue being ruled by small minded red state mentality while the vast majority of the nation as a whole is continuing to lean blue. I don't know how many more popular vote presidents can lose before this becomes a civil war.

Yes.  It’s only a matter of time.  I happen to think it won’t happen in under 50 years but it will definitely happen unless there’s major changes...and those changes are worth fighting over.  

3 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Yes.  It’s only a matter of time.  I happen to think it won’t happen in under 50 years but it will definitely happen unless there’s major changes...and those changes are worth fighting over.  

watch it or you'll make the next Castor video.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

because their montage of people saying 'fight' to argue their whataboutism point included Madonna. and Johnny Depp. i think Depp said he might want to punch Trump. something like that. 
yeah, really.

I remember when Depp called the Georgia Secretary of State asking him to find more Biden votes.

“Thank you for allowing me to present the defense for my client, the 45th President of the United States, Donald J. Trump. 

Let me start with Democrat Party is mean. Can we not forget Benghazi? Did you ever see my client in a tan suit? ANTIFA! Her emails! Hunter Biden’s laptop! And finally, and yes I do hate to say these words, the Mexican Caravan. Thank you ladies and gentlemen.

The defense rests.”

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm no lawyer, but I'm pretty sure the Democrats' case doesn't hinge on being able to prove that the entire mob was suddenly incented to storm the capitol at Trump's rally on the morning of January 6, 2021.

I thought they showed that Trump was in on the pre-planning part too.  He had to 1) assemble the mob at a specific time and place, 2) motivated them into a froth, 3) give them a target.  He did all of them.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm no lawyer, but I'm pretty sure the Democrats' case doesn't hinge on being able to prove that the entire mob was suddenly incented to storm the capitol at Trump's rally on the morning of January 6, 2021.

In fact, the dems produced quite a bit of evidence that shows that trump directly influenced the date of the rally to be Jan 6 rather than the initially planned Jan 27

16 hours ago, Lobo said:

Cornyn is gunning for a 2025 GOP President to put him on a U.S. Court of Appeals on which to wither and die.  Don't discount that move.  

15 hours ago, bernorange said:

Cornyn will do what the turtle does.

Cornyn wants to be Senate Majority leader, which means that he will vote to acquit, because he thinks his route goes through people like Blackburn and Roger Marshall.  The real wildcard is John Thune, who also wants to be majority leader, and who he thinks that goes through and is playing a longer game.  If Thune breaks, you could see a conviction. 

28 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

These shit bag lawyers couldn't sell a pizza to stoned hipster.

and yet 45+ senators will claim they made excellent points 🤔 and made it impossible to vote for impeachment 

giphy (12).gif

Edited by mchookem

1 hour ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Also, I'm not watching, why is Madonna being discussed?

Castor said at the beginning of his presentation that although they had more time, they were going with a shorter presentation and then said it would be like doing the album version of Vogue, rather than the extended 12" edition.  Which, he then added,was "a bit less gay".

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1