Trump Impeachment 2: Insurrection Boogaloo

Sawbonz

2 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Ugh, I hate this and wish it could just be over. 

While I’m a bit excited about witnesses, that quickly fades when I realize all the pro trump witnesses will take the stand and simply lie their asses off and spread more disinformation, with zero repercussions. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Impeachment proceedings delay action on much needed legislation, but the President and his Administration remain busy on the needs of the Nation. From CNN: 

President Joe Biden weighed in on his predecessor's ongoing impeachment trial on Thursday while meeting with a bipartisan group of senators gathered to talk infrastructure but said he's focused on his own job and the promises he's made.

. . . Biden also said he was on the phone with Chinese President Xi Jinping for "two straight hours" on Wednesday, and said: "If we don't get moving, they're going to eat our lunch."

He said China was investing billions of dollars in transportation and the environment, among other issues.

"We just have to step up," Biden said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/biden-weighs-in-on-trumps-impeachment-trial-saying-the-senate-has-a-very-important-job/ar-BB1dAVDn

Edited by washparkhorn

11 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Ugh, I hate this and wish it could just be over. 

nope nope nope. more sunlight.

i mean, i'm with you in that i wish that the biden administration could get on with helping america get through this covid thing and on to bigger and better things.

but this is a thing that happened, at the behest and intentional motivation of the president of the united states. house republicans with a spine broke that news yesterday on fucking purpose because they are outraged at how republican senators and some of their house peers were callously treating the invasion of their chambers.

also, the defense counsel sewed themselves into the bag that's about to be thrown into the river, and that's why the personal injury guy was practically yelling, threatening to call 100 witnesses and having them deposed, in person, in his office, in philadelphia. he wanted to be done and quit with this today. he thought the vote would be done by now and he's on a train back home.

well, sports fans, it's more like fuck you lawdog. you played yourself. haha. i'm loving it, in an anarchistic way, but also in a law and order kind of way. if herrera buetler is called, and makes the statement about mccarthy's call with the president, then you almost have to call mccarthy, and he lies about it, or he comes clean. either way is a good outcome for the country, in a way, to make him fucking accountable for being such a suckup to trump that he sold any values he may have once had down the river.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Hagbard Celine said:

micheal felladelfia vanderveen is all hat and no cattle

Well, er....his specialities include:

Van der Veen has been an attorney since 1988. He is a founder of the Philadelphia criminal and personal injury law firm, van der Veen, O'Neill, Hartshorn, Levin. His litigation practice includes criminal and personal injury litigation. He has also represented clients in connection with a construction accident, an antitrust matter, a product defect suit against a toy manufacturer, a case of corporate embezzlement, a suit seeking to legalize the use of clean hypodermic needles to combat the spread of HIV/AIDS, and police brutality claims. He has also represented criminal defendants accused of rape, drunk driving, and murder.[3] He also represented a man who claimed to have been served a fried rat at a Kentucky Fried Chicken restaurant.[4]

24 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

nope nope nope. more sunlight.

i mean, i'm with you in that i wish that the biden administration could get on with helping america get through this covid thing and on to bigger and better things.

but this is a thing that happened, at the behest and intentional motivation of the president of the united states. house republicans with a spine broke that news yesterday on fucking purpose because they are outraged at how republican senators and some of their house peers were callously treating the invasion of their chambers.

also, the defense counsel sewed themselves into the bag that's about to be thrown into the river, and that's why the personal injury guy was practically yelling, threatening to call 100 witnesses and having them deposed, in person, in his office, in philadelphia. he wanted to be done and quit with this today. he thought the vote would be done by now and he's on a train back home.

well, sports fans, it's more like fuck you lawdog. you played yourself. haha. i'm loving it, in an anarchistic way, but also in a law and order kind of way. if herrera buetler is called, and makes the statement about mccarthy's call with the president, then you almost have to call mccarthy, and he lies about it, or he comes clean. either way is a good outcome for the country, in a way, to make him fucking accountable for being such a suckup to trump that he sold any values he may have once had down the river.

I agree with you. “It” refers to the Trump era, with the question of Trump (the man, not the -ism) hanging over our National life.

im not suggesting that the end fixes anything, I just long for the end of this chapter.

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 1

^

good to see Philly has the same thing we have here for lawyers.  "For just $500, you too can be listed as a Who's-Who attorney of our magazine's distribution zone.  Something like this would look good on a young attorney's CV.  For another $500, you can also be listed as one of the best dentists in the area as well."  

From his law firm's website:

https://www.mtvlaw.com/verdicts-settlements/

July 18, 2017:

Attorney van der Veen had a big win in a Summary Case involving a dog bite. Mike called three witnesses, hired a private investigator and ensured his client was found not guilty. The client did not receive a fine and Mike the dog's life was potentially saved. Mike is a real trial lawyer and handles each case to the best of his ability and is always prepared. The size of the case does not matter as a trial lawyer brings everything to the table.

Edited by Francisco 2.0

3 minutes ago, Lobo said:

^

good to see Philly has the same thing we have here for lawyers.  "For just $500, you too can be listed as a Who's-Who attorney of our magazine's distribution zone.  Something like this would look good on a young attorney's CV.  For another $500, you can also be listed as one of the best dentists in the area as well."  

I always pick my lawyers/plastic surgeon/steakhouse from page 89 of an in flight magazine. Am I doing it wrong?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

From his law firm's website:

https://www.mtvlaw.com/verdicts-settlements/

It always cracks me up that PI attorneys, and some others, use "Attorney ____________" like it's some kind of title of nobility or something.  To be fair, though, a lot of poors and people with little experience with lawyers often use that title.

Also, MTV(law) is covered with jism.

--Mojo Nixon.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

Does Trump know that his attorney went to Quinnipiac University---home of the poll that consistently had Trump losing to Biden by a 4.5% margin, which ended up being almost exactly correct?  And that van der Veen graduated from that law school in the bottom quartile of his class?  He graduated near the bottom of the 122nd best law school in the United States out of 199.  I mean, that just screams top-tier talent for Trump. 

Serious question-how does Trump find these guys?  Does Trump just have people sitting around during the day watching local talk shows in the top 15 media markets just jotting down the numbers of every litigation advertisement they see on the local CW channel?  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/02/13/trump-impeachment-trial-live-updates/

Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah) on Saturday gave House impeachment managers and former president Donald Trump’s defense attorneys a copy of a log from his cellphone, which shows that as the Jan. 6 riot unfolded, he received a call from the White House at 2:26 p.m. that lasted for four minutes, a spokesman for the senator said.

The document sheds new light on a key moment when Lee has said that Trump called his cellphone — apparently believing that he was calling Sen. Tommy Tuberville (R-Ala.). Providing it to both sides in Trump’s unfolding trial only on Saturday demonstrates the kind of evidence senators could continue to gather about Trump’s activities now that they have voted to seek witness testimony and subpoena documents.

According to Lee’s office, the log shows that Lee received the call from 202-395-0000, a main White House switchboard number, just 13 minutes after Vice President Mike Pence was hustled from the Senate floor at 2:13 p.m. and Senate action was halted, as insurrectionists stormed through the Capitol building. Lee has said that when he realized Trump’s confusion, he handed his phone to Tuberville.

That account — and the new phone record — strongly undercuts a claim from Trump’s lawyers on the Senate floor on Friday that “at no time” had Trump been informed that Pence was in danger during the hours-long riot, as well as their complaints that accounts of the phone call presented at trial were mere “hearsay.” It also demonstrates that as rioters forced a halt in the counting of the electoral college votes, Trump was focused on finding additional ways to delay the process; Tuberville was at the time taking a lead in objecting to votes confirming Biden’s election win.