Hey PK -- What would you say you do here?

LTtxfan

The defense is soft. It's coached soft, and plays soft. They held up better in this game than I thought they would, but this is a rather pedestrian OSU offense averaging only 25 points a game.  Still, they weren't the primary reason we lost.  The O shit the bed in this game and we don't have the D to compensate for that.  

Edited by bschoolprof
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

Y'all gonna blame pk after this offense ate a bag of dicks? Defense played well until the 4th how many 3 and outs does it take to break a D 

This game was not on the defense. They played well other than some dumb penalties, then got a little gassed at the end. And 7 points were on the pick 6.

You can't win when your offense gets 0 first downs on the last like 6 drives.

• Hook 'Em 1

Y'all gonna blame pk after this offense ate a bag of dicks? Defense played well until the 4th how many 3 and outs does it take to break a D 
The defense is allowed to get a 3 and out also.

That being said, I stated the same thing about Orlando, if your scheme requires perfect execution and the exact types of players to be effective, then your scheme is shit.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Spider2YBanana said:

In fairness, PK is working with Herman's shitty defensive recruits. It's hard to do good things when you have guys like Brockermeyer and Bush playing. That doesn't excuse the no tackling, but a lot of the shitty play. They play for themselves rather than a team. I'll withhold judgement until he gets guys that fit his system 

You're an idiot 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Just now, USNALonghorn said:

The announcers were shitting on PK for the two high safety look in an obvious running situation. Don’t even mention the fact the Sanders is a shitty thrower. No wonder it took PK so long to figure out that Collins is good and should be on the field in a 4 DL set. PK seems like a dipshit.

Yeah there is literally nothing I can find to defend him in any of these games. The best “defense” has been that the players are shitty.

okay so let’s assume we have 0 day 1 or day 2 draft picks. That doesn’t explain gaping holes, especially on the left side of the defense, poor fundamentals in tackling and angles, and just purely being out of position. We don’t play smart at all, and that goes directly to coaching. 

3 minutes ago, vtaenz said:
9 minutes ago, Atticus said:
This defense played its ass off. They held OSU to 25 despite the O not doing a damn thing in the 2nd half. Casey Thompson and Sarkisian are to blame for this loss.

Normally I'd agree except that's more than this fraud of a team has been averaging.

We held them to 3 in the first half. Then lost the battle of field position as the offense stopped sustaining drives. They kept holding on until the end when some of the runs started breaking open. Around the same time Broughton saw the field, iirc. 

It doesn't require perfect execution, just good tackling and leverage to redirect the ball to where the other guys are supposed to be.

1 minute ago, taybo20 said:

Yeah there is literally nothing I can find to defend him in any of these games. The best “defense” has been that the players are shitty.

okay so let’s assume we have 0 day 1 or day 2 draft picks. That doesn’t explain gaping holes, especially on the left side of the defense, poor fundamentals in tackling and angles, and just purely being out of position. We don’t play smart at all, and that goes directly to coaching. 

If they never play smart, then fine. But the defense had them bottled up and looking for answers until the offense fell apart.

8 minutes ago, Atticus said:

We held them to 3 in the first half. Then lost the battle of field position as the offense stopped sustaining drives. They kept holding on until the end when some of the runs started breaking open. Around the same time Broughton saw the field, iirc. 

It doesn't require perfect execution, just good tackling and leverage to redirect the ball to where the other guys are supposed to be.

Speaking of Broughton, he's slouching back on the bench yawning literally seconds before kickoff.  Passion for the game is not there for lots of the guys on defense, and very few well rounded players exist on offense

• Hook 'Em 1

That the offense disappeared after getting the lead doesn't excuse a repeat of vulnerabilities on defense.

I'm no football smart guy, but I figured out last week that on a long yardage down against Texas, you run it for a nearly sure ten yards. OSU was slow to figure this out.

Something is seriously breaking down in the middle of our defense on long yardage downs. I feel like it's the Mackovic years where the defense would just crack open down the middle.

That and the usual discipline problems on counters and reverses.

I can't read schemes or even tell you which defensive formation we're in for the most part. I do observe results and patterns.

We are finding ways to lose games we should win. This has metastacized acroll three coaching hires. Do we get ahead and start celebrating that we're back? What the fuck?

I think Sark can work out. You can see his disgust at the failures on offense. 

At least three of our possessions started with penalties. Again, wtf?

Still, the defense became Swiss cheese late in the game just like last week. OSU almost repeated the nut busting long td run to end the game.

We're soft. And I hate it.

edit to add: longhornmatt must be some kind of high speed genius! 

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

It’s Mackovic years all over again.  The defense will be institutionally soft, and the offense will be good with moments of brilliance but somehow also sputter enough to lose games.  

We have no simple, reliable bread and butter identity on either side of the ball.  The passing game on offense requires a lot of moving parts and long developing plays to work, so it can be gummed up if something is off on the OL or otherwise.   The defense can’t stop straightforward runs, and then everything else snowballs from there.

I have seen this before.  Sark is even kind of what Mackovic would be personality wise if Mackovic weren’t a jerk.  Professional sounding, smart and businesslike … but no emotion, no adjustments, just even keel and going down with the ship if their initial plan doesn’t work.  There’s an arrogance, aloofness and stubbornness there that isn’t great for college head football coach even if he never comes across like a mongoloid as some do.

I am looking forward to 2024.  On second thought, let’s maybe play out the Big 12 until then instead of rushing that SEC move with this bunch.

The defense stopped their runs for basically the entire game. They were gassed and started getting "hurt" as the second half wore on.

I fully believe that the assistants hired, were the ones requested by one Will Muschamp. What would this team look like with Sark's first choice at DC? A one loss team to Arkansas? Perhaps. Muschamp knew how to defend against Big XII teams. PK is so scared of the big play and keeping things in front of him, that he neglects to give respect to the running game of good running teams. That deep pass will still connect less often than not. Ball placement and the receiver's hands, still, are additional factors. Make them beat you with long, low percentage passes. Based on who Sark could pull, PK seemed like the best decision. Was his reputation built on scheming against shitty offenses? That looks like the case. 

Make QBs beat you over the top, if they average 200+ rushing yards, commit to the run. The defense that beat UT today, is the exact defense scheme Texas should have been using. The soft coverage will get Texas beat every game. The two high safety look has got to stop.

CHIEF

Edited by CHIEF

3 minutes ago, CHIEF said:

Based on who Sark could pull, PK seemed like the best decision. Was his reputation built on scheming against shitty offenses? That looks like the case. 

Remember the Alamo Bowl against that #1 ranked defense from Utah that we lit up and how Whittingham and Scalley were considered defensive guru's?  

• Hook 'Em 1

45 minutes ago, Atticus said:

The defense stopped their runs for basically the entire game. They were gassed and started getting "hurt" as the second half wore on.

So, it's okay to let down when the game is on the line? It's okay that they're gassed? It's okay they're gashed for long runs up the middle or wherever the opponent chooses to run?

I've seen great defenses. Here. There were no excuses given or expected for being too tired to play your position. Plus, if they want to get off the field it's in their power to do so.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

So, it's okay to let down when the game is on the line? It's okay that they're gassed? It's okay they're gashed for long runs up the middle or wherever the opponent chooses to run?

I've seen great defenses. Here. There were no excuses given or expected for being too tired to play your position. Plus, if they want to get off the field it's in their power to do so.

This is not a great defense. This is a rag tag bunch of spares, but they played very well until the 4th quarter when they were basically on the field the entire time.

• Hook 'Em 5

9 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

Just want to shot out Jaylon Ford. Kid looks like he could be a player. Gbenda wasn't too bad either. Once Overshown comes back that should be our LB rotation. 

Ford looked good last year, too. Why the fuck knf he playing more? Sideline to Sidelines he's working his ass off, but PK is content with fucking Brockermeyer. The dude is slower than Hugh Hefner getting a boner. 

• Hook 'Em 1

PK seems like another guy that’s married to a scheme. He seems reluctant to mask our deficiencies and has misidentified the best players on that side of the ball. A linebacker heavy scheme in a state that produces very few elite LBs is not a recipe for success. Run a 4-2-5 or some variant of 4 DL. Alfred Collins should’ve been a starter from game one forward.

• Hook 'Em 2

21 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Ford looked good last year, too. Why the fuck knf he playing more? Sideline to Sidelines he's working his ass off, but PK is content with fucking Brockermeyer. The dude is slower than Hugh Hefner getting a boner. 

well now that the season is fucked we will see him because hopefully answering the "what is your key? what is your responsibility? which gap do you have?" questions correctly in the position meeting won't matter.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

PK seems like another guy that’s married to a scheme. He seems reluctant to mask our deficiencies and has misidentified the best players on that side of the ball. A linebacker heavy scheme in a state that produces very few elite LBs is not a recipe for success. Run a 4-2-5 or some variant of 4 DL. Alfred Collins should’ve been a starter from game one forward.

We were literally dominated this defense early on, even accounting for the turnover-like 3rd down penalties that extended their drives. The defense eventually broke down after Gundy had multiple opportunities to attack it.

On the last first down they made to win it we had THREE fucking guys back with ONE receiver running a route behind the 1st down line. I think there was only one receiver running any kind of route and we had 3 guys deep

on a very obvious running down we’re  fucking triple teaming their one token receiver 

Get this guy out of town. Yesterday. 

Edited by MotownHorn
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, MotownHorn said:

They’re running to win the game. Send everyone. I don’t give a flying fuck if they go over the top. Which they won’t.

Instead this motherfucker has three guys deep.

I don’t pretend to know much about football strategy but I know that was stupid 

this can be explained as....PAC 12

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Defense did play well enough to win today.  Yet, I'm starting to doubt Jeff Choate as the best option for LB coach. To continue to put Brock on the field is absurd.  He's continually the worse player on the field and offenses take advantage of him every game.  Rewatch the game and focus on 47, it's horrific

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

Defense did play well enough to win today.  Yet, I'm starting to doubt Jeff Choate as the best option for LB coach. To continue to put Brock on the field is absurd.  He's continually the worse player on the field and offenses take advantage of him every game.  Rewatch the game and focus on 47, it's horrific

this.  both Riley and Gundy targeted him big time.  the season is basically over.  we need to play the guys who have a chance to get better.  Brockermeyer is what he is.  he can be a good sub when necessary.  if he's out there against Baylor they are going to fucking torch our asses.  

• blacklab changed the title to Hey PK -- Keep the Sacks and Turnovers Comin' !!!
  • immamac changed the title to Hey PK -- What would you say you do here?