NCAA FOOTBALL IS BACK MFers

cdain3

Ewers is Texas' third EA Sports CFB cover athlete, joining Ricky Williams and Brian Orakpo. That's tied for second-most with USC, behind Michigan who has four. Pretty cool.

blOU and A&M fans will not be thrilled, having to buy a game with Ewers on the cover 😁

• Hook 'Em 2

So if they continue on with this collage approach for the NCAA cover, how many years will it be before Texas does t make the cover and how long till A&M does?

The collage idea is great NIL marketing because it’s not paying any one player the premium to be on the front and it allows EA to make sure they can highlight both the top teams/fan bases overall and still drop in here or there a lower tiered NIL payout to smaller names in other payouts.

The problem with approach the is the A&Ms of the world are going to be limited on how often they will ever get a player on the cover.

They aren’t a big enough brand to get thrown in as background filler over other SEC teams. They aren’t going to be ranked high enough to be featured in the first few tiers of player images and they aren’t the main regional draw now in their conference so it doesn’t even move the needle from an SEC style secondary regional design…

The real question needs to be who makes it into the cover collage first: A&M, MS St, or Auburn?

4 hours ago, Laxtonto said:

So if they continue on with this collage approach for the NCAA cover, how many years will it be before Texas does t make the cover and how long till A&M does?

The collage idea is great NIL marketing because it’s not paying any one player the premium to be on the front and it allows EA to make sure they can highlight both the top teams/fan bases overall and still drop in here or there a lower tiered NIL payout to smaller names in other payouts.

The problem with approach the is the A&Ms of the world are going to be limited on how often they will ever get a player on the cover.

They aren’t a big enough brand to get thrown in as background filler over other SEC teams. They aren’t going to be ranked high enough to be featured in the first few tiers of player images and they aren’t the main regional draw now in their conference so it doesn’t even move the needle from an SEC style secondary regional design…

The real question needs to be who makes it into the cover collage first: A&M, MS St, or Auburn?

We will not make the cover, and then later make the cover again...before aggy ever makes the cover for the first time.

4 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I've only ever played all of the COD and Madden on my PS4. I don't want to get a PS5 just to play COD and NCAA '25. XBOX sucks because their controllers are shitty. 

Meh, I can understand where you are coming from but I have the Elite Series 2 controller and its been great for me for years now. I love the bumpers and joystick sensitivity customization. Understandably, that isn't much use in NCAA but really useful in COD. I also don't own a next gen console so I will have to decide which one to get once the game comes out. Hell, back on the old forum, I used to play in an online PS3 league with some people on here. I just don't want to buy a new console so I am hoping for a port to PC.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Just now, Intercourse With Gray said:

Meh, I can understand where you are coming from but I have the Elite Series 2 controller and its been great for me for years now. I love the bumpers and joystick sensitivity customization. Understandably, that isn't much use in NCAA but really useful in COD. I also don't own a next gen console so I will have to decide which one to get once the game comes out. Hell, back on the old forum, I used to play in an online PS3 league with some people on here. I just don't want to buy a new console so I am hoping for a port to PC.

That's where I'm at. I don't want to buy a new console. I just can't justify spending another $400 on one that I barely use today. It's been a minute since I've played COD and Resident Evil, and I'm not old but I'm yelling at the clouds about this change. 

11 hours ago, satyanash said:

Ewers is Texas' third EA Sports CFB cover athlete, joining Ricky Williams and Brian Orakpo. That's tied for second-most with USC, behind Michigan who has four. Pretty cool.

blOU and A&M fans will not be thrilled, having to buy a game with Ewers on the cover 😁

People still buy disc versions of games? lol

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Laxtonto said:

The real question regarding aggy on the cover is who gives an actual fucking shit 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

The real question regarding aggy on the cover is who gives an actual fucking shit 

Well the Aggie screenshot thread should be fun once they dial up. That’s something. 

9 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

That's where I'm at. I don't want to buy a new console. I just can't justify spending another $400 on one that I barely use today. It's been a minute since I've played COD and Resident Evil, and I'm not old but I'm yelling at the clouds about this change. 

Eh, I bit the bullet and did it in anticipation of this game. It really is worth it imo. Even the stock game it comes with (Spider Man 2) is badass. I got the digital only version since I will likely only buy NCAA and GTA VI next year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vertigo said:

Eh, I bit the bullet and did it in anticipation of this game. It really is worth it imo. Even the stock game it comes with (Spider Man 2) is badass. I got the digital only version since I will likely only buy NCAA and GTA VI next year.

Yeah, I'll probably bite the bullet since I'm play the NCAA '25 and COD games, and maybe Resident Evil if I feel like going through it again. I'll definitely play Spider-man 2 since I haven't yet. Do you happen to know if the Arkham games are on it?

On 5/11/2024 at 6:02 PM, Spider2YBanana said:

Man that deluxe edition is absolutely 🔥

Godamnit I'm gonna have to buy a ps5, aren't I? The wife is gonna be so pissed, but once I show her the cover I think she won't throw her coffee cup at me. 

It'll also be for xbox

My girlfriend asked me what I wanted for my birthday, I said a PS5 bundle pack and NCAA football (disapproval face) I said I’m getting it no matter what.  (She hates games because all one of her kids does its play online, I haven’t had a PS4 in 4 years or so because I gave it away)  I say ok how about a weekend getaway trip to like Fredericksburg all bills. She’s like sure!  I go being nice, I’ll switch you and pay for the weekend getaway and you buy me the PS5 just babe, she’s like no.  Women have no understanding of cost things..  I guarantee a full weekend in Fredericksburg cost us atleast double my PS5 with the NCAA game. 

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 2

On 5/11/2024 at 10:04 AM, SubliminalHorn said:

Is that cover with Quinn for reals?

On 5/11/2024 at 10:06 AM, Longboard Horn said:

I'm hoping. Looks dope!

On 5/11/2024 at 10:38 AM, BurntOrange&White said:

Yes for deluxe edition

On 5/11/2024 at 10:59 AM, SubliminalHorn said:

Yeah him amongst others. I mean the one where he’s solo for standard edition 

No secX3 logo so I'm guessing it's not. 

Posted (edited)
On 5/11/2024 at 8:30 AM, Spider2YBanana said:

Yeah, I'll probably bite the bullet since I'm play the NCAA '25 and COD games, and maybe Resident Evil if I feel like going through it again. I'll definitely play Spider-man 2 since I haven't yet. Do you happen to know if the Arkham games are on it?

I think you can get all of the older ported versions from the PS store for $59 if I am not mistaken, but I dont think they have a new console version.

Edited by Vertigo
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

My girlfriend asked me what I wanted for my birthday, I said a PS5 bundle pack and NCAA football (disapproval face) I said I’m getting it no matter what.  (She hates games because all one of her kids does its play online, I haven’t had a PS4 in 4 years or so because I gave it away)  I say ok how about a weekend getaway trip to like Fredericksburg all bills. She’s like sure!  I go being nice, I’ll switch you and pay for the weekend getaway and you buy me the PS5 just babe, she’s like no.  Women have no understanding of cost things..  I guarantee a full weekend in Fredericksburg cost us atleast double my PS5 with the NCAA game. 

Sounds like a win?

39 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Fuck it, id buy it even if it was $200. 11 years or whatever is a long ass time

Yea, but we’ve seen your paycheck. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

No way this game will be on sale in a couple months. 70 dollars is the norm and I bet it would be December when it is on sale for 55 dollars. 

The latest madden was on sale within months, same for COD. 

released August 17th here is October price

IMG_4195.png

Edited by BurntOrange&White

35 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

The latest madden was on sale within months, same for COD. 

released August 17th here is October price

IMG_4195.png

I get what you’re saying because I have Xbox game pass for this reason I don’t care about waiting a couple of months for them to be released on there. I just don’t think this game will be like that we have been waiting for years for this