NCAA FOOTBALL IS BACK MFers

cdain3

On 2/15/2021 at 9:01 PM, Bevo14 said:

They'll give you ultimate team in all its microtransaction glory and copypaste NCAA 14's dynasty mode and you and I will still help make it the bestselling sports game of all time.

And that’s fine with me. Make the game play similar to madden with the jukes, throwing receivers open, post routes actually working, shit like that and I’ll be playing that shit as often as I can 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I think a lot of people are forgetting how much this game might help recruiting and do for recruiting overall. Ewers is already being marketed as being a 96 overall and one of the top QBs and arch might not be far behind? We obviously will have a good team and probably do well. I will be honest and say that playing that game might have played a little bit into my allegiance when I could dominate year after year…

https://www.ign.com/articles/ea-sports-college-football-25-full-reveal-coming-this-may    Teaser in link

Edited by RockyMountainHighHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

I think a lot of people are forgetting how much this game might help recruiting and do for recruiting overall. Ewers is already being marketed as being a 96 overall and one of the top QBs and arch might not be far behind? We obviously will have a good team and probably do well. I will be honest and say that playing that game might have played a little bit into my allegiance when I could dominate year after year…
https://www.ign.com/articles/ea-sports-college-football-25-full-reveal-coming-this-may    Teaser in link
It only really helps if Ewers lands on the cover. All of what you mention ceases to matter after you start dynasty mode. Everyone does dynasty.
  • Hook 'Em 1

July 12

I guess I’ll have to buy a new console. 

I have a PS3 I still played NCAA14 on with updated rosters. My PS4 is jailbroken but after RDR2 and Ghost of Tsushima really it just gets played by my kids and nephews. Cars 3 and Rayman. 

Maybe this isn’t the best thread but for a cheap ass that wants to play NCAA25 and not much else I’m thinking Xbox series X. Game pass seems to be better than PlayStation online. More freebies. $18/mo kind of sucks though. I just hate the new ps5 controller it just doesn’t feel right. 

any ideas?

• Hook 'Em 3

7 hours ago, Zeus said:

July 12

I have a PS3 I still played NCAA14 on with updated rosters. My PS4 is jailbroken but after RDR2 and Ghost of Tsushima really it just gets played by my kids and nephews. Cars 3 and Rayman. 

Maybe this isn’t the best thread but for a cheap ass that wants to play NCAA25 and not much else I’m thinking Xbox series X. Game pass seems to be better than PlayStation online. More freebies. $18/mo kind of sucks though. I just hate the new ps5 controller it just doesn’t feel right. 

any ideas?

Definitely Xbox Series X

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Zeus said:

July 12

any ideas?

They changed the controller on the PS5?!  That was definitely one of the big things for PlayStation over XBox for me, I hate the XBox controller.  Also I’ve had the PlayStation’s over XBox from the start.  I’m in the need a new system to play boat also.  

Edited by Hook1997
  • Hook 'Em 1

They changed the controller on the PS5?!  That was definitely one of the big things for PlayStation over XBox for me, I hate the XBox controller.  Also I’ve had the PlayStation’s over XBox from the start.  I’m in the need a new system to play boat also.  

They changed the way it’s gripped. The handles are bigger and it causes you to hold it a little different. I’m not a big fan of it. The PlayStation controller has been the same since ps1. The ps5 controller feels more like an aftermarket controller.
  • Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

Yeah it’s a huge weird piece of shit. 

To me be the ps4 controller was perfect, they added like 500 things to it until it’s a completely different gob of shit. 

Instead of adding a ton of shit to the new Xbox controller it’s literally the same exact thing  I’ve grown more comfortable with it because I play PC games on it. Works fine. I never liked seeing a yellow “Y” over the receiver instead of triangle but that is easy to adapt to. 

What’s not easy is using the PS5 controller and I played Madden24 on PS5 a bit and wasn’t impressed. It seems laggy and slow and online is supposedly worse than Xbox. Hopefully they have a totally different team working on NCAA to make it really cool and different from shit ass Madden. 

Microsoft sucks but it seems like they’ve started to mount a comeback now that consoles are just high end PCs. Both consoles supposedly are identical graphics and such and there’s maybe even cross play between consoles now so really it’s just the details for which console. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Yeah it’s a huge weird piece of shit. 
To me be the ps4 controller was perfect, they added like 500 things to it until it’s a completely different gob of shit. 

Instead of adding a ton of shit to the new Xbox controller it’s literally the same exact thing  I’ve grown more comfortable with it because I play PC games on it. Works fine. I never liked seeing a yellow “Y” over the receiver instead of triangle but that is easy to adapt to. 

What’s not easy is using the PS5 controller and I played Madden24 on PS5 a bit and wasn’t impressed. It seems laggy and slow and online is supposedly worse than Xbox. Hopefully they have a totally different team working on NCAA to make it really cool and different from shit ass Madden. 

Microsoft sucks but it seems like they’ve started to mount a comeback now that consoles are just high end PCs. Both consoles supposedly are identical graphics and such and there’s maybe even cross play between consoles now so really it’s just the details for which console. 

I don’t know how much of a comeback Microsoft has mounted. They’re talking about releasing some of their exclusives on ps5 now.

On 2/17/2024 at 4:14 PM, Zeus said:

Microsoft sucks but it seems like they’ve started to mount a comeback now that consoles are just high end PCs.

Just a few days ago, microsoft had a conference to announce they were essentially winding down their console market and transitioning to being a 3rd party developer, releasing games on playstation and nintendo. Their major revenue source, gamepass, has flatlined, and outside of the us, the xbox brand essentially does not exist.

They are doing the exact opposite of coming back.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

Just a few days ago, microsoft had a conference to announce they were essentially winding down their console market and transitioning to being a 3rd party developer, releasing games on playstation and nintendo. Their major revenue source, gamepass, has flatlined, and outside of the us, the xbox brand essentially does not exist.

They are doing the exact opposite of coming back.

damn well never mind

I guess getting outsold to sony 2 - 1 is actually the death of xbox

Oh well

On 2/17/2024 at 5:00 PM, SubliminalHorn said:

Ew x box? Get a PS5

PS5 is great, but for college ball fuck the Playstation. Xbox is where it's at. Funny story, when I was a freshman in college most of us had Xbox 360. Only like 2 or 3 kids in the dorm had a PS3. Odd ones out.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Longboard Horn said:

PS5 is great, but for college ball fuck the Playstation. Xbox is where it's at. Funny story, when I was a freshman in college most of us had Xbox 360. Only like 2 or 3 kids in the dorm had a PS3. Odd ones out.  

Yeah I remember those days. Was the same for me. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

Damn! You young whippersnappers. When I was in college, Bill Gates was hooking up with Microsoft employees - not busy working on the Xbox 360.

• Haha 1

Xbox is for android owners.  Poors. 

sorry yall are poor.  

Or gave up on the Uber geeky build your own desktop gaming rig thing 15+ years ago? I once tried to keep up with that nonsense and it was a relief going back to consoles and not having a million different things that could go wrong. Oh, and having that monster machine you spent $3k+ on being pretty much outdated for some newer games within 5 years or less. Yeah I like mods as much as anyone, but I don't have time for fiddling with all the small issues that come with PC gaming these days. I'd rather drop the cost of a good videocard on a console and games optimized (for the most part) to work with them.

6 minutes ago, ousux said:
2 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

sorry yall are poor.  

Or gave up on the Uber geeky build your own desktop gaming rig thing 15+ years ago? I once tried to keep up with that nonsense and it was a relief going back to consoles and not having a million different things that could go wrong. Oh, and having that monster machine you spent $3k+ on being pretty much outdated for some newer games within 5 years or less. Yeah I like mods as much as anyone, but I don't have time for fiddling with all the small issues that come with PC gaming these days. I'd rather drop the cost of a good videocard on a console and games optimized (for the most part) to work with them.

poor john travolta GIF

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, ousux said:
2 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

sorry yall are poor.  

Boy this post certainly sounds like someone who hasnt used a pc in 15 years.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

You better have a pc with a titan rtx 24gb inside. You know, the video card alone that starts at $2500.

4090 Can be had for only $2k

I’ve got the newest iPhone it’s pretty sweet. I still use my oneplus 6t for other stuff and for work all the time. It just does some shit better than iPhone ever will. 

I’m really still not sold on ps5, been looking at lists of games that come with the passes, the PS plus vs Xbox game pass. Hard to tell which is best. Kind of stinks either system I’m gonna be paying a big monthly fee but that’s what everything is moving to now a days. AutoCAD you can’t even buy the perpetual license anymore at all. 

Gamepass - $17/mo = $204 a year

It better be worth it, getting at least 4 good games a year

Comes with EA play which is $5 a month normally and I’m not sure what that gets ya

PS plus - $160/yr

You get a bunch of games it looks like, they give you a break on price for paying a year up front. 

Other than the controller I kinda want Forza, I heard it was the best racing game. Been playing. Driver San Francisco on my PC what a great game, I think this was peak video games for me. 

3 hours ago, LonghornSean said:

My friends and I game together on Xbox. We play for money to keep it interesting.

Looking forward to getting some NCAA in the rotation.

You mean EA College Football?

They didn’t bother to license with NCAA lmao they went strait to conferences, schools, players, and even the playoff committee and bowls. Fuck the NCAA their incompetence got EA sued and had to drop the game in the first place. 

4 hours ago, ousux said:
6 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

sorry yall are poor.  

This is somewhat true. Games on PC aren’t optimized much anymore and there’s some bullshit you have to deal with. But I will say it’s gotten way more affordable. 

Plus all the games on PC are free!

image.png

On 2/16/2024 at 5:19 PM, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

Well at least for me Sarks pro system and a non mobile QB make it less gun fun to play in game. We will see how much fun RPO is but it’s garbage in Madden. 

I used to love playing WVU with Pat White and Steve Slaton running spread option was so fun. 

1 minute ago, Horn Dogg said:

A bit optimistic on the deep throw?

That’s what jumped out at me..

1 minute ago, SimonBolivar said:

Supposed ratings or Inside Texas' guess?

True, but they fluff up star players stats so I could see it being correct.