Random thoughts that don't warrant a thread

GSU&UT

4 hours ago, Underdog said:

Dusty AF with the Spielman video, damn good player, damn good man.  

Herbie better make sure that video gets played on College GameDay tomorrow.

I really miss Chris calling college football games. Two decades ago both he and Herbie had shows on the local ESPN Radio affiliate. Spielman on Sports was on at noon. Herbie had a show with Ian Fitzsimmons that was on during the evening drive time. 

• Like 1

The Arby’s “Real Country Style Rib Sandwich” commercial makes the McRib look pretty good. And I don’t want cheese on my rib sandwich. And what are those? Battered and fried onions on there? I don’t want that either.

I doubt the Arby’s rib sandwich is real rib. And I know the McRib isn’t. But I come away from that commercial in the mood for a McRib. Someone in the marketing dept. should probably be fired. 

I don’t know who the announcers and have only seen part of the game. But Tampa Bay is leading Chicago 35-3 with under :30 left in the 3rd. They’re at 4th and goal inside the one and decide to go for it The announcer actually said, “This is going to decide the game!”

Dude, the game is already over. The Bears aren’t coming back from 32 points down in the 4th quarter. Wtf are you thinking? Oh, and Chicago stuffed them and kept them out of the end zone. Won’t matter. And while I typed this, the Bucs got the ball back and it’s 1st and goal. 

• Like 1

On 10/24/2021 at 8:58 PM, Superhero said:

I’m thinking of retiring my handle and taking one less awe inspiring.

I’m thinking Super Hello. Super Herro. That’s Soooper. Suggestions? Thoughts? Prayers?

Im Super Thanks For Asking GIFs | Tenor

Edited by Js1

My company just finished an Amazon fulfillment center. 2.8 million square feet, $230 million, done in 11 months. The team is celebrated like rock stars, and well deserved.

We’re bidding on two more in the next 1-2 months. With steel pricing the way it is, I wouldn’t be surprised if the larger buildings - 3.8 million square feet - doesn’t end up being over $350M. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

38 minutes ago, Superhero said:

My company just finished an Amazon fulfillment center. 2.8 million square feet, $230 million, done in 11 months. The team is celebrated like rock stars, and well deserved.

We’re bidding on two more in the next 1-2 months. With steel pricing the way it is, I wouldn’t be surprised if the larger buildings - 3.8 million square feet - doesn’t end up being over $350M. 

You the one delivering the plastic plants?

50 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

I'm pretty sure that every SuperCuts (and similar) must have at least one woman named Lydia on staff at all times. 

that's funny you mention that.  I went back to my usual one earlier this week for the first time in over 18 months.  Sure enough, Lydia was there.  Although David cut my hair.   I had a 40% off coupon burning a hole in my pocket.  But Alan Sager (Big Longhorn), who owns just about every SuperCuts between San Antonio and Waco joked once that if he had a dollar for every Tina and Lydia that worked for him, he could buy every franchise nationwide.  

FYI, for y'all that don't need fancy haircuts but have thick, lustrous hair getting more attractive in middle age like me...SuperCuts is doing 40% off until 11/15 w/ the app.

Edited by Lobo

I've been listening to my neighbors have sex for the past 30 minutes or so. I can hear the balls slapping, some moaning and the occasional slap on the ass. 

But I'm thinking... we're in a neighborhood with mostly families, i.e. married folks. Who has the energy to go at it for 30 minutes? 

6 hours ago, Superhero said:

I've been listening to my neighbors have sex for the past 30 minutes or so. I can hear the balls slapping, some moaning and the occasional slap on the ass. 

But I'm thinking... we're in a neighborhood with mostly families, i.e. married folks. Who has the energy to go at it for 30 minutes? 

What are you doing outside their window for 30 minutes?  Get back inside. You’re going to catch a cold. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, Superhero said:

Always some middle-age, single Surly bad-ass that reminds us, "Yeah, I can bang her for hours at a time, but after like 60 minutes...I'm just bored of her 20-something vagina so I just finish so I watch SportsCenter."  I was jealous for a time until I saw the photos of said 20-somethings and remembered, "Oh yeah, 80% of women are ugly no matter their age."  

However, I would like to hear more about this ass-slapping.  That's fun at any age/size.

Edited by Lobo

It's a risk I'm willing to take.  

My wife likes to periodically show me that quote "One day a parent will lift up their child for the last time, but they won't know it." 

And I remind her, "One day I will slap your ass for the last time and neither of us will know it."  

Edited by Lobo

On 10/30/2021 at 9:52 AM, Lobo said:

that's funny you mention that.  I went back to my usual one earlier this week for the first time in over 18 months.  Sure enough, Lydia was there.  Although David cut my hair.   I had a 40% off coupon burning a hole in my pocket.  But Alan Sager (Big Longhorn), who owns just about every SuperCuts between San Antonio and Waco joked once that if he had a dollar for every Tina and Lydia that worked for him, he could buy every franchise nationwide.  

FYI, for y'all that don't need fancy haircuts but have thick, lustrous hair getting more attractive in middle age like me...SuperCuts is doing 40% off until 11/15 w/ the app.

Tell Alan that having his stores close on weekdays @ 4:30 is some stupid ass shit & the inability to make an actual appointment vs. the "use the app to check in" is a fucking hassle.  Tried to "check in" @ 3:00 & it doesn't go that far forward... this was for my kid's haircut @ 4:20 (5 minute drive from the school & he is on the cub by 4;15 @ the earliest.  10 Minutes later to try & "check in" & the fucking waitlist is full.

The app is garbage, it never worked for me when I used it pre-Covid, but that's a corporate technology asset---not his fault.  But yeah, the store hours thing has been an issue of consternation for awhile. 

noCR/ He's not really talking to me anymore since I had several off-color remarks about one of his political idols at our last political function together a couple years ago.  To be fair, I was over-served and Alan really would have volunteered his whole stylist workforce in the Sunderkommand, cutting the hair off other Jews, if his Godking commanded it.  I still go to SuperCuts though 'cause it's within biking distance and they give out good coupons.

Through the noise cancelling earphones (fuck open offices BTW), I heard 2 of my coworkers get into in, yelling at each other, with one guy dropping F bombs.

I'm the director of the department, so I pulled them into a conference room, got the he said he said, and told them both quit being assholes and get the work done. Told them we'll talk tomorrow.

One guy is in his 30s, the other guy in his 40s. It probably wouldn't have gotten physical. But damn people, control yourself at work.