Random thoughts that don't warrant a thread

GSU&UT

On 8/16/2021 at 8:21 PM, cactusflinthead said:

we're still a product of our choices of what we read how we consume & analyze what we read.

ACCESS to information isn't the problem, it's how we respond to it.

2 people can be standing outside, looking @ clouds & one will say it's gonna rain while the other says "That's fake news" & the 1st person says "Are you sure about that?"  There is water now dropping on my face."

2 minutes ago, ROFL BOX said:

2 people can be standing outside, looking @ clouds & one will say it's gonna rain while the other says "That's fake news" & the 1st person says "Are you sure about that?"  There is water now dropping on my face."

It's piss.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, ROFL BOX said:

And a 3rd guy says, “That cloud looks like a chicken.”

56 minutes ago, ROFL BOX said:

I was trying to say something about the bubble we create for ourselves. Some are impermeable to facts.

600k+ deaths are a fact. Yet, on their deathbed some can deny why.

• Like 1

I like broccoli. My mom served us cauliflower but never broccoli. I don’t mind cauliflower but I prefer broccoli. I can’t believe I went years throwing thick broccoli stalks in the trash before Jacques Pépin told me that you can cut the thick skin off the stalks and the inside is really tender and tasty. I can’t even cook with it because I eat it all before I have the chance. It’s even better than the florets.

FYI, I bought broccoli today. :)

15 hours ago, Pancho said:

So douchy

A lot of people are gonna recognize that poster, and while he skips the last names on the spreadsheet...people are gonna know precisely who those people are on the sheet.  And he just gave up who makes what, who says they are single when really they are stringing multiple women along telling them "you're the only one for me sweetie
, and the gambling part.  In his effort to look like he rolls with the best crew ever, he just broadcasted a bunch of shit that his 2nd and 3rd degrees of network are gonna pick up on. If I had a friend do that back when I was single and partying, I'd have busted his gonzo nose in three places.  What a fucking asshole.  I get what he was trying to do, but you don't sell out friends to do it.  What a piece of shit.  If I were cells 2 thru 14, I'd invite the guy over to celebrate our group awesomeness and take turns breaking his ribs.  

Rule number one of gambling and drug-fueled 3-day weekends, no matter your income...never bring Microsoft into the equation. 

We discovered a leak in our ceiling above our staircase, had a helluva time finding someone to come out and look at it.  Finally we get someone to come out today, expecting the worst, fretting over new roof costs, guy says nail popped up on shingle so he repaired it, wasn't going to charge us but wife gave him $100 for his troubles...  whew, disaster averted.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 8/19/2021 at 3:56 PM, Pancho said:

So douchy

I'm calling bullshit.  Nobody would put that together, and then nobody would share it on the internet.  No fucking way I would tell my friends my yearly income, bonus, etc.  Totally made up.  Cause who the fuck spends $80K on a 3 day weekend.  Unless you had fuck you money.  And $5 million is not fuck you money.

1 hour ago, Moby Ric said:

I'm calling bullshit.  Nobody would put that together, and then nobody would share it on the internet.  No fucking way I would tell my friends my yearly income, bonus, etc.  Totally made up.  Cause who the fuck spends $80K on a 3 day weekend.  Unless you had fuck you money.  And $5 million is not fuck you money.

Eh there are dim-basses that make 200k  that will drop that much.   Dumb asses

I like broccoli. My mom served us cauliflower but never broccoli. I don’t mind cauliflower but I prefer broccoli. I can’t believe I went years throwing thick broccoli stalks in the trash before Jacques Pépin told me that you can cut the thick skin off the stalks and the inside is really tender and tasty. I can’t even cook with it because I eat it all before I have the chance. It’s even better than the florets.
FYI, I bought broccoli today.
The peeled heart of the stalk is the shit. With all the florets sold pre packaged where the fuck are all the stalks, sold abroad like chicken thighs in the 90s?

Took my first shot at making cheesy broccoli and rice last night, with kielbasa, peppers, and onions. It was pretty good. I don’t think it’s anything to brag about because I used Campbell’s Broccoli Cheeee Soup for the sauce, which really isn’t bad. But I hate everything made with Campbell’s Cream of Mushroom Soup and I would never not make a sauce from scratch if I were cooking for company. But as a first time experiment, I’d call it a success. It probably had more onions than it needed. I only used half an onion and I was pretty aggressive pulling out the outer layers and anything that had a hint of a stem. There was more onion than pepper and I should probably try to get a bigger pepper and a smaller onion next time. But I’m happy that I eyeballed everything without a recipe and it all fit nicely in my pan.

Up next I’m going to try to recreate the dish I used to make at bd’s Mongolian Grill with curry chicken and broccoli, onion, water chestnuts, and bean sprouts.

And I don’t know about you but broccoli seems to agree with me digestively. Nothing gets backed up, indigestion never seems to be a problem. I like celery and carrots, apples and bananas, but there’s something about broccoli.

2495AC27-6DAA-47B2-A143-423529993F64.thumb.jpeg.874bc41598d228b8a052da9d40be2856.jpeg

On 8/18/2021 at 9:42 AM, WhatTheBuck said:

And a 3rd guy says, “That cloud looks like a chicken.”

On 8/18/2021 at 8:54 AM, ROFL BOX said:

Y'all are both wrong.  In today's world, two guys are arguing over whether or not it is cloudy because their favorite weather forecaster( i.e. news source) predicted or did not predict rain. Meanwhile 10 people behind them are wishing they'd just shut the fuck up and go to work.

1 hour ago, slorch said:

Y'all are both wrong.  In today's world, two guys are arguing over whether or not it is cloudy because their favorite weather forecaster( i.e. news source) predicted or did not predict rain. Meanwhile 10 people behind them are wishing they'd just shut the fuck up and go to work.

trump fake news GIF

So I was driving the other day and was behind a BMW SUV at a light.  Looked at the plate on it and it had a license plate frame with the Brazzers logo on it.  Why does brazzers sell plate frames, and why would anyone put it on their car?  Did not get a chance to see the driver.

This is by far the best touchless paper towel dispenser because you can actually pull any length out, even with wet hands.

Very little resistance on these & we all know of paper towels that come way too short to the point of needing to use 2× the amount that came out.9a7e9e0d07b5dcf67bec0610e9b6b750.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

what the hell is the fascination with colored lighting and RGD-LED everything.  everything that is game-centric has to have a rainbow of colors.  cars market their ability to be able to change interior accent lighting across 16.7 million colors.  and philips hue lightbulbs is a brand and a business unto itself.

is this one of those things like Curved 3D tv where its entirely pushed by the industry, rather than demanded by customers.  like who wakes up and thinks "fuck, i need colored lighting in my life"

• Hook 'Em 1