Random thoughts that don't warrant a thread

GSU&UT

Phone notifications. Got damn they are out of hand.

I get no fewer than 50-75 emails I have to reply a day (I block all spam emails immediately). Then there are the texts from friends and colleagues. Mainly friends though. Add 50 more there or so. Motion cameras at the house. Add another 50 notifications. Ring.com doorbell. Yea it goes off a lot. Oh, yea, and what 25 calls a day in the mobile and more on the land line for internal calls.

I want to throw my phone in the trash.

• Hook 'Em 2

10 hours ago, markstanco said:

I get no fewer than 50-75 emails I have to reply a day (I block all spam emails immediately). Then there are the texts from friends and colleagues. Mainly friends though. Add 50 more there or so. Motion cameras at the house. Add another 50 notifications. Ring.com doorbell. Yea it goes off a lot. Oh, yea, and what 25 calls a day in the mobile and more on the land line for internal calls.

Try having close to a million followers on social media. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Goddammit I just saw a guy drive down the road (I was driving at a distance behind him) and as a squirrel ran out on the road he did nothing to avoid it - didn’t even tap the brakes - and ran over it. Mother fucker. Fuck you. God I didn’t need to see that today. 

• Rage+1 1

4 hours ago, troph said:

Goddammit I just saw a guy drive down the road (I was driving at a distance behind him) and as a squirrel ran out on the road he did nothing to avoid it - didn’t even tap the brakes - and ran over it. Mother fucker. Fuck you. God I didn’t need to see that today. 

he was probably checking alerts on his phone, and didn't see it.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, troph said:

He was being smart. Anything smaller than a medium to large dog you’re just better off running over. Sucks but it beats swerving and causing a myriad of other potential problems.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, Helobious said:

He was being smart. Anything smaller than a medium to large dog you’re just better off running over. Sucks but it beats swerving and causing a myriad of other potential problems.

Wide street, no traffic, saw the critter a mile away. He did nothing. 

1 hour ago, TKthunder2 said:

Swerving is bad but tapping your brakes isn’t.

Exactly. It was in slow motion and he ran over the squirrel with his passenger side tire, one tap of the breaks (no one close behind, I was 80 yards back going 25 mph) and he misses him. 

20 hours ago, markstanco said:

Humblebrag from one really important guy. Nicely done. 

Humblebrag from one really important guy. Nicely done. 

Not at all. I would suspect most on here are similar. I doubt middle of the day desk job guy posters on here get under 50 emails and all those calls. My bitch was the notifications going off on my Rolex Apple Watch and when I am in my Bugatti the constant silencing of the radio from notifications.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Kennythetiger said:

Owned by a life insurance company. Interesting reading. 

Yeah, that was something I didn't know until last night. I woke up and turned the radio on to coast-to-coast and they had a guy on plugging his book. The guest, Ric Mixter, has dived on the wreck in a 2 man submersible and had a lot of interesting insights.

http://www.lakefury.com/store/bottled goodbyes

On 11/4/2021 at 10:59 PM, markstanco said:

There’s an unbelievably simple solution to that called muting notifications. 

2 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

There needs to be a constitutional amendment limiting the number of host/co-hosts/commentors/analysts/rules experts /…. on NFL pregame/game broadcasts to 5 total.

5 is being generous. Just give me a color guy, pbp, and sideline reporter IF NEEDED. The rules expert guys seem to be 50/50 at best and routinely don't understand the official's interpretation.

On 11/13/2021 at 9:48 PM, Your Mom said:

What is it with Mexican hotels and slick polished tile in the showers?  I’m not old enough to break a hip yet but if I do it’ll be in Mexican hotel room shower. 

Or just plain smooth tiles floor which seems to be de rigueur in many asian and middle eastern hotels. Nasty stuff.