Random thoughts that don't warrant a thread

GSU&UT

1 hour ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

Just for giggles, I checked out "the old site."  They have a 4-week old poll asking if Nebraska should rejoin the Big 12.  The vote is still tied 1-1.  Someone needs to break that stalemate, but I won't be the one.  I don't want to piss off half of their posters.

I'm sorry, but didn't you mean "for shits and giggles"? 

Edited by Prepuce of Doom
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

Just for giggles, I checked out "the old site."  They have a 4-week old poll asking if Nebraska should rejoin the Big 12.  The vote is still tied 1-1.  Someone needs to break that stalemate, but I won't be the one.  I don't want to piss off half of their posters.

Lauren Petrowski of Fox7 is hot and the female co-host looks good also. 

PS- driving through Derkaville checking out the old hood and Holy Shit that new football stadium!!!  Some colleges up in the Northeast don’t have anything that nice. 

Edited by Underdog

On 10/9/2018 at 2:50 PM, PatrickMcHorn said:

Am I the only one who has irrational fears of a car falling on his head each time I pull up behind one of these? I'm certain that top guy in the back is about to come crashing down and I need to get the fuck out of this lane. 699efb03b40781767cbb31d5a9b9c6bf.jpg

If it was a giant spool of hose/ tubing then you should be concerned...at least if you’re in Houston metro.

Happened Oct 25 and 2 spools yesterday.

WTF people?  Can we not strap that shit to the hauler?

I watched the Turkeys Away episode of WKRP in Cincinnati last week (twice, actually). Early in the episode, Mr. Carlson walks into the booth where Dr. Johnny Fever is zoned out playing Dogs by Pink Floyd. At the time, copyright law was such that the producers didn't have to pay royalties to the rights owners of the music if the show was shot on video. So they shot the show on video. Consequently, there was a lot of great music on the show. 

They released the first season of WKRP on DVD but couldn't afford to pay the royalties for all the music. So they recorded new music and dubbed it in. It was awful. The scene where Les Nessman dons a wig as he prepares for a date with Jennifer just doesn't work without Foreigner's Hot Blooded as the soundtrack. 

They never played more than just short excerpts of any songs. The rights owners should've sold the rights cheap or just given them away so they could release the show on DVD without having to replace the music. I would think the exposure alone would be worth it. They're not gaining anything as it is. 

47 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I watched the Turkeys Away episode of WKRP in Cincinnati last week (twice, actually). Early in the episode, Mr. Carlson walks into the booth where Dr. Johnny Fever is zoned out playing Dogs by Pink Floyd. At the time, copyright law was such that the producers didn't have to pay royalties to the rights owners of the music if the show was shot on video. So they shot the show on video. Consequently, there was a lot of great music on the show. 

They released the first season of WKRP on DVD but couldn't afford to pay the royalties for all the music. So they recorded new music and dubbed it in. It was awful. The scene where Les Nessman dons a wig as he prepares for a date with Jennifer just doesn't work without Foreigner's Hot Blooded as the soundtrack. 

They never played more than just short excerpts of any songs. The rights owners should've sold the rights cheap or just given them away so they could release the show on DVD without having to replace the music. I would think the exposure alone would be worth it. They're not gaining anything as it is. 

I blame these guys.

NapsterBad_1.png

• Like 1

9 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

They have since released the entire show (all seasons) with original music intact. Soooo much better. 

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

On DVD? It still runs in syndication and it's also on YouTube. (I assume every episode but I don't know for sure.)

Yep. Look up “WKRP - The Complete Series” on Amazon (or wherever). Was released in 2014, I believe. Wife gave it to me 2 Christmases ago. Pure Gold, Daddy-O!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, After irth said:

Yep. Look up “WKRP - The Complete Series” on Amazon (or wherever). Was released in 2014, I believe. Wife gave it to me 2 Christmases ago. Pure Gold, Daddy-O!

I did. According to the customer reviews, not all the original music is there. Is Dogs? Is Hot Blooded? I'd need to know an exact breakdown before Id want to make the purchase. (I'm not asking you for that, of course.) But I appreciate the tip. I was unaware that they'd released anything after that awful first season release I got suckered into buying before. I'll have to do further research. 

7 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I did. According to the customer reviews, not all the original music is there. Is Dogs? Is Hot Blooded? I'd need to know an exact breakdown before Id want to make the purchase. (I'm not asking you for that, of course.) But I appreciate the tip. I was unaware that they'd released anything after that awful first season release I got suckered into buying before. I'll have to do further research. 

There are a few songs where it is obvious that the generic rock-type filler music remains. 90% was restored. Some of it just couldn’t be reclaimed. 

I can only think of once or twice that it was noticeable enough to be distracting. Otherwise, it’s as good as it will ever be, I guess. And a very welcome improvement. 

Didn't find out well into my college years that young men jerked off into socks.  That is so fucking weird and gross to me.  Nevermind you're putting your dick where you put your feet...why a sock?  What kind of fucked up Oedipus complex did you have, leaving jizz in your sock for your poor mother to find on laundry day? 

Or worse yet, a half dozen of 'em if you had a busy week?  That is so messed up.  Did they not have toilet paper, kleenex, paper towels, or napkins in your house?  Who honestly grew up with none of those things but an abundance of socks?  You jerk off into the paper product of your choice and you flush it or throw it away, case closed.  What kind of sick fuck jerks off into his dirty laundry and let's his mother handle it the next day?  

Having said that, if you've ever used a washcloth at a Starwood or Hyatt property in the Continental United States, you've got my jizz on your face.  

40 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Didn't find out well into my college years that young men jerked off into socks.  That is so fucking weird and gross to me.  Nevermind you're putting your dick where you put your feet...why a sock?  What kind of fucked up Oedipus complex did you have, leaving jizz in your sock for your poor mother to find on laundry day? 

Or worse yet, a half dozen of 'em if you had a busy week?  That is so messed up.  Did they not have toilet paper, kleenex, paper towels, or napkins in your house?  Who honestly grew up with none of those things but an abundance of socks?  You jerk off into the paper product of your choice and you flush it or throw it away, case closed.  What kind of sick fuck jerks off into his dirty laundry and let's his mother handle it the next day?  

Having said that, if you've ever used a washcloth at a Starwood or Hyatt property in the Continental United States, you've got my jizz on your face.  

Have you ever kissed your mom? Guess what.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Have you ever kissed your mom? Guess what.

Kissing family and close friends is part of the culture of hundreds of ethnic groups on our planet.  Provided it’s on the cheek or hand.  

The people that handle your cum should just be sexual partners, fertility clinics, and the housekeeping staff at certain hoteliers.  

Making your mom handle your jizz socks is just fucked up.  Get a tissue, it’s closer.