Random thoughts that don't warrant a thread

GSU&UT

Cincinnati was never ruined.  It started out shitty and has kept it up for 230 years.

And yes, I've been there (my wife's grandparents lived there).  Some nice spots overlooking the Ohio River, but other than that, forget it, Jake, it's Ohiotown.

Edited by phdhorn

So my wife and son are into healthy foods using a blender. The problem is that goddamn thing sounds like a F-22 run through a stack of Marshalls on 11.

With all the incredible developments in technology over the past 50 years, why the fuck can't anybody develop a blender that doesn't cause underground faults to open wide when it turns on?

• Like 1

So my wife and son are into healthy foods using a blender. The problem is that goddamn thing sounds like a F-22 run through a stack of Marshalls on 11.
With all the incredible developments in technology over the past 50 years, why the fuck can't anybody develop a blender that doesn't cause underground faults to open wide when it turns on?
She makes a spinach health shake bullshit every morning. That blender resides on its own stand in the laundry room behind a closed door.

This handsome, dashing young soldier was so good looking to the Army that they used him on a 1942 recruiting poster.    He served in the U.S. Army from 1942-45 as a supply Master Sergeant.  

john-banner-recruiting-poster-auw-699-ct

You eventually came to know him as (guess first):

Spoiler

225px-John_Banner_as_Schultz.jpg

I was at Hooters yesterday and they were doing a car wash. I need my truck washed because picking up customers from the airport tomorrow, but inside done as well.

Got me to thinking, what a great idea to have a car wash with a bar and grill. So googled and and sunnuvabitch if there isn't one south of Houston.

He might not get his own thread on Music & TV, but Neil Simon passed away today.  My father and uncles loved his plays/writing.  Odd Couple, Out-of-Towners, Brighton Beach Memoirs, Biloxi Blues (one of my dad's all-time favorites as it mirrors and matches his exact timeframe in the service), and finishing up with a childhood favorite of mine-Max Dugan Returns.  

RIP Neil.  What a wonderful scribe of the working-class American experience.  

The Canadian province of Alberta has a rat population of virtually zero due to a highly aggressive rat extinguishing campaign launched by their provincial government. Apparently it's a big news story if somebody finds a rat in Alberta.

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/the-stirring-story-of-how-alberta-became-the-first-place-in-the-world-to-banish-the-rat

10 hours ago, deac_tracy said:

The Canadian province of Alberta has a rat population of virtually zero due to a highly aggressive rat extinguishing campaign launched by their provincial government. Apparently it's a big news story if somebody finds a rat in Alberta.

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/the-stirring-story-of-how-alberta-became-the-first-place-in-the-world-to-banish-the-rat

I knew Calgary was awesome!