Random thoughts that don't warrant a thread

GSU&UT

1 hour ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I would like there to be a panel discussion made of people who let their pants sag below their ass as well as people who put truck nuts in their trucks. I want to hear the genuine answers as to why they do such things and why they think it’s cool. Then I want the funniest comedians to roast the ever living fuck out of them for being so fucking stupid. It should be taped and shown in high schools.

you assume such people would respond to shame and change their ways.

As I walked past the bank of elevators to my office I saw a guy trying to pry the doors open with his hands. Next, I heard, "Open up muthafucka!!". Oh shit, someone was stuck in the elevator. Next, "Open up bitch!!!"  Guy turned around with an embarrassed look and told the woman in the elevator "stop cursing" Her reply of course  "Fuck you! get me out".

I told the front desk that someone was stuck. The building mgr came in a minute or so and got the door open.

I swear she looked like a rabid dog coming out.

Nice laugh for the PM.

• Haha 1

When the drive thru person says "have a good day." I always say "thanks, you too" out of natural reaction.

No..they're not having a good day. They're at work while you drive home and eat your food. They have a job many people use as the "bottom of the barrel" job. They arent having a good day, you asshole.

I'm not mocking fast food workers by any means. They have jobs. But they certainly likely aren't enjoying their day.

1 hour ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

When the drive thru person says "have a good day." I always say "thanks, you too" out of natural reaction.

No..they're not having a good day. They're at work while you drive home and eat your food. They have a job many people use as the "bottom of the barrel" job. They arent having a good day, you asshole.

I'm not mocking fast food workers by any means. They have jobs. But they certainly likely aren't enjoying their day.

I dunno, man. Some of 'em are having a blast.

tumblr_n1uvzhJ0Lq1r8f85do4_500.gif

5 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

What about the free food they get?

1 hour ago, Dolemite said:

If I had to work in fast food it would be fried chicken place. I could eat of a lot of goddamn motherfucking fried chicken before I got sick of it.

I would like to do refrigeration maintenance on either equipment for In-N-Out or Whataburger... (currently, I work in HVAC)...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Doze said:

People can be divided into 2 categories.....

1. Those that incessantly need Chapstick all...the...fucking....time.

or

2. Those that never need Chapstick, like ever.

There's a third category. People who occasionally get chapped lips when it's dry. Don't go to Vegas without it. 

7 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

There's a third category. People who occasionally get chapped lips when it's dry. Don't go to Vegas without it. 

Those people are in the first category, but in denial about it......like an functioning alcoholic.

Thought I would stick this in here, just because it was too absurd for me not to share anywhere.

John Travolta's requirements for a paid appearance:

John Travolta

Takes a minimum of $350k + cost of fuel for his plane

$ talks with him.

Another option is client can provide plane however it must be equivalent to his plane.

His plane is a Falcon.  So he would consider a G5, Challenger.

Needs to be a 12-14 person jet.

Also needs expenses for him and team.

His team is about 6 additional ppl who typically fly on his plane.

He requires a suit + 4-5 rooms

Might be a couple of domestic flights to get everyone to plane.

13 hours ago, ztejas said:

Thought I would stick this in here, just because it was too absurd for me not to share anywhere.

John Travolta's requirements for a paid appearance:

John Travolta

Takes a minimum of $350k + cost of fuel for his plane

$ talks with him.

Another option is client can provide plane however it must be equivalent to his plane.

His plane is a Falcon.  So he would consider a G5, Challenger.

Needs to be a 12-14 person jet.

Also needs expenses for him and team.

His team is about 6 additional ppl who typically fly on his plane.

He requires a suit + 4-5 rooms

Might be a couple of domestic flights to get everyone to plane.

So...'bout tree fiddy. 

On 2/28/2019 at 6:40 PM, Lobo said:

Probably belongs in the dumb question amnesty but is throwing currency coins or even a dollar bill on the ground considered littering?   

Found $30 bucks on the ground yesterday, thought about putting it on the windshield of the car I found it next to.  Then I thought maybe they didn’t lose it, maybe it was someone else.  I did feel a bit guilty spending it on breakfast and lunch yesterday.  

Years ago, Dick Ellis and Judy Maggio were cohosts on one of the local news stations. I got interviewed by one of their "in the field" reporters. It was a taped interview for later broadcast. After we were finished, I told him there had been some complaints about all the cursing during the broadcasts. He said, "What are you talking about?"

"Every time you finish a remote story, you say, 'And now back to Dickin Judy in the newsroom.'"

He glares at me. 

Watched the news that night. Guy finishes his remote broadcast and says, "And now back... and now...Judy and Dick, back to you!"

• Like 5

2 hours ago, PilotsError said:

I know we had to grow, but I miss the old airport....Mueller or whatever.  I liked the feel of it.  It was cozy and comfortable.

One of the best parties I ever attended was at a house that backed up to Mueller. Backyard was fenced in by this 10 foot tall privacy fence, huge oak trees, pepper lights strung around like crazy, with all the tackiest decor you could imagine, and for no apparent reason there were three Marilyn Monroe impersonators there, with an industrial fan serendipitously on the porch.

Even at the time, I had no idea who the hell the hosts were. I'm pretty sure neither did 90% of the other guests.