Bourbon

Jimbaround

So which countries can you buy Blanton’s gold and sftb from in the duty free shops? My sister is coming back from Australia next week and was wondering if she might be able to find any.

Can she bring me some Bundaberg? Thats the best thing she can bring back. Especially the higher end expressions.

To be honest, unless it was something not available stateside, probably better off going scotch route.  I don't recall LHR having a good bourbon selection particularly, but world of whisky was nice.

You can search their stock online. Bourbon selection looks pedestrian.

http://uk.worlddutyfree.com/ukm_en/whiskies.html 

I picked up two bottles of Stagg Jr at the only Spec’s in Houston that still put it on  the shelf. Taking my total to 3. 

Picking one more bottle up tomorrow. I should be set with 4. 

Am I crazy if I open one bottle, let it breath, and then let it sit for a week? It’s worked well in the past. Is there any science behind it? 

On 7/11/2018 at 9:29 PM, billfromlaketravis said:

Early reviews on Stag Jr 2018 release and Kentucky Owl Rye Batch 2? 

I got suckered into the Owl at full MSRP. I only did it to have another bottle after I drank Batch 1. Yes I know the Stoli Purchase back story. And yes, I’m not happy about it either. 

Believe me, its going to be okay.

2 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I picked up two bottles of Stagg Jr at the only Spec’s in Houston that still put it on  the shelf. Taking my total to 3. 

Am I crazy if I open one bottle, let it breath, and then let it sit for a week? It’s worked well in the past. Is there any science behind it? 

The "science" is that evaporation will take place.  What's your expected result?

Right, they need to increase the size of these releases and bring the price point down. Old Carter batch 1 only had 1,269 bottles, and batch 2 only had 1,289 bottles. There were 7,000+ bottles of Kentucky Owl batch 1 released.

For now, I think I would buy Old Carter at $200 way before I'm buying Kentucky Owl batch 2 at $200.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PappyVanVinceYoung said:

Right, they need to increase the size of these releases and bring the price point down. Old Carter batch 1 only had 1,269 bottles, and batch 2 only had 1,289 bottles. There were 7,000+ bottles of Kentucky Owl batch 1 released.

For now, I think I would buy Old Carter at $200 way before I'm buying Kentucky Owl batch 2 at $200.

Username checks out. 

Thank you sir. 

1 hour ago, Brothahorn said:

So after trying 8 different stores, a brotha had to go all the way to California for the Eagle. The shipping was $14. I know I spent that much in gas and wasted time. 9bed53549392dbd91d3d2c3129eb498f.jpg

Nice.  I picked up a bottle for $31.99 at the hood liquor store by my office on the way home today.  They charge more than retail on everything but typically have Blanton’s, W12 and other solid items for secondary or just under.  They also had ER handles for $89 which makes no sense to me.  

On 7/12/2018 at 9:20 PM, billfromlaketravis said:

I can't believe you bought 3 Stagg Jrs. You must be hoping they all grow up to be a big George Stagg one day.