Bourbon

Jimbaround

1 hour ago, Herbie Hancock said:

6577bde751b5d5136d046795ac304034.jpg
Finished Christmas shopping for the wife and kids this morning, then snagged this one for $60. Good day boys, good fuckin day

Grab a second if you can. There’s a pretty active trade market for these. I was able to trade my second bottle for a Stagg Jr (batch 14). 

Good day yesterday.  Got a blantons call from a list.  Picked up a store pick Blantons from the Village Liquor sale, hit the Specs 4 roses drop and grabbed an OESV and OESQ, and found the sweet wheat and ER at a smaller store for retail.

Anyone get a Weller 12 today?  Sounds like they hit at a bunch of Specs around Houston.

91DC56AB-1946-4D9F-92CE-B11B31F98188.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, USCATX said:

Nevermind the OWA.  I’ll say it again, Redemption Wheated is better than both non-store pick OWA and RY10.  It’s also cheaper and more available if you’re more into the drinking than collecting.  

I am intrigued because I think RY10 is terrific.  My problem is that I can't find it out here for less than $100.  

On 12/22/2020 at 2:13 PM, RichUT said:

4908fcf92e355ae2d44d676793625d38.jpg

Ran up to the Distillery to pick one of these guys up.

Do they have Grand Cru at the distillery? Anything else besides wheated available there that's not on the liquor store shelves? I've seriously considered a one day road trip to Waco to get some of the distillery only stuff. It's become my favorite whiskey brand.

Do they have Grand Cru at the distillery? Anything else besides wheated available there that's not on the liquor store shelves? I've seriously considered a one day road trip to Waco to get some of the distillery only stuff. It's become my favorite whiskey brand.

No Grand Cru, as I asked about it specifically. I think they had the High Rye Bourbon still out, which is distillery only.

59 minutes ago, Party_Taco said:

Huge, I hope you got a Double Oak for yourself...

Friend ended up having an extra at his bar. Not my favorite on first taste... hot as hell for 100 proof with minimal complexity.

965756200e6e66ae3f6806ea8258d5ec.jpg

Will give it another try later as a side-side.

It’s strictly for Old Fashioneds in my opinion. Good proof forward rye, and I don’t like spending much on whiskey intended for cocktails. 

12 minutes ago, BigDHornfan said:

Evidently Specs in DFW got a metric shit ton of W12 today and I was so fortunate to only get an Eagle Rare and lied to about W12. Fuckers.

Weller 12 dropped all over Spec's locations in Houston today. 

I have one bottle and like it enough. But JFC the secondary pricing is hilarious. I'm gonna pour the 12 into a full 750ML of Poor Man's Pappy. 

Edited by Hank Kingsley
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

I am intrigued because I think RY10 is terrific.  My problem is that I can't find it out here for less than $100.  

Speaking of Rebel Yell I picked up a 1990 Stitzel Weller today to drink while I smoked beef ribs. 

689D8EC5-582A-4FC8-86ED-5F962C0F0016.jpeg

Edited by USCATX
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4
  • Drool 2

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Weller 12 dropped all over Spec's locations in Houston today. 

I have one bottle and like it enough. But JFC the secondary pricing is hilarious. I'm gonna pour the 12 into a full 750ML of Poor Man's Pappy. 

Well, I know where I’m going after I pick up tamales tomorrow morning. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Party_Taco said:

giphy.gif

Also, I relent... the Old Overhoot BiB Old Fashioned is outstanding.

It’s good and has lots of stone fruit notes that I really like.  Value is a weird thing, but I’m not mad that I was drinking Stitzel Weller on a beautiful afternoon even if it’s 80 proof.  

• Like 1