2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

2 hours ago, Jshep34 said:

Love how Dusty sat on his butt during the 9th and never went out there on those bs calls outside the zone.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

He legit never leaves unless it’s to take someone out. Lance and Espada have gotten kicked out more than him 

• Like 1

Good series win against the Angels and I hate to be greedy, but that loss yesterday made it feel like a three-game losing streak. Probably feels that way because the good guys are only 6-6 in the month of August and they wasted an opportunity to pick up a game on Oakland and tie the Rays for best record in the AL. Best not fuck around against KC and hit a typical Astros-in-August offensive skid while the A's and White Sox duke it out the next four days.

• Hook 'Em 2

I know many of y’all downplay the importance of rankings of the farm system and I can agree somewhat because the Astros do a pretty good job of development.  But you’re kidding yourself if you don’t think it matters at all. First off, it definitely is affects trade equity. Highly ranked prospects have more value. Secondly, while less critical than the NFL and NBA, top prospects absolutely have a greater probability of success in the bigs. 

12 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

I know many of y’all downplay the importance of rankings of the farm system and I can agree somewhat because the Astros do a pretty good job of development.  But you’re kidding yourself if you don’t think it matters at all. First off, it definitely is affects trade equity. Highly ranked prospects have more value. Secondly, while less critical than the NFL and NBA, top prospects absolutely have a greater probability of success in the bigs. 

I will worry a lot more about the Astros shifty farm system when it stops giving us a really good starting pitcher, 2 or 3 intriguing bullpen arms and a major league caliber regular every year seemingly. 
this year alone saw Chaz Michael Michaels, Jake Majors, Toro come up and be valuable, such that we could trade away Myles Straw. García was on nobody’s radar and he looks like he could be the AL ROY. 
we are young and cheap and good all through the OF (if you count Yordan), we are good and under club control everywhere but SS on the IF, we have more starting pitchers than we know what to do with and our highest rated prospect is a Catcher, which is our only spot that needs filling going forward that we don’t have someone legit to plug in at (other than SS) and I pray we resign said SS to a monster deal this offseason (stranger things have happened). 
Baseball America has its uses but they get plenty wrong and don’t seem like they value good players without loud skills. Enough good players without loud skills and that provides a baseline talent group that you can supplement with difference makers in the FA market. 
because of our unheralded farm that’s pumped out good quality starting pitching this team has a window wide open until at least 2025. We can start worrying about the rebuild (maybe) in 4 or 5 years. In the meantime let’s fly some more flags and then worry about what BA says. 

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I will worry a lot more about the Astros shifty farm system when it stops giving us a really good starting pitcher, 2 or 3 intriguing bullpen arms and a major league caliber regular every year seemingly. 
this year alone saw Chaz Michael Michaels, Jake Majors, Toro come up and be valuable, such that we could trade away Myles Straw. García was on nobody’s radar and he looks like he could be the AL ROY. 
we are young and cheap and good all through the OF (if you count Yordan), we are good and under club control everywhere but SS on the IF, we have more starting pitchers than we know what to do with and our highest rated prospect is a Catcher, which is our only spot that needs filling going forward that we don’t have someone legit to plug in at (other than SS) and I pray we resign said SS to a monster deal this offseason (stranger things have happened). 
Baseball America has its uses but they get plenty wrong and don’t seem like they value good players without loud skills. Enough good players without loud skills and that provides a baseline talent group that you can supplement with difference makers in the FA market. 
because of our unheralded farm that’s pumped out good quality starting pitching this team has a window wide open until at least 2025. We can start worrying about the rebuild (maybe) in 4 or 5 years. In the meantime let’s fly some more flags and then worry about what BA says. 

Was in the process of typing a strikingly similar post to this.  Hell even our nobodies like Nivaldo Rodriguez, Ralph Garza, and Ryan Hartman get snatched up before clearing waivers.  I get that we don't have the star power in our system at the moment, but I've rooted for a bottom of the barrel farm system and this ain't it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Was in the process of typing a strikingly similar post to this.  Hell even our nobodies like Nivaldo Rodriguez, Ralph Garza, and Ryan Hartman get snatched up before clearing waivers.  I get that we don't have the star power in our system at the moment, but I've rooted for a bottom of the barrel farm system and this ain't it.

This is because you are a gentleman and a scholar and highly intelligent (high intelligence being rated by how often do they agree with me or I with them). 

10 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Even without Bregman and Tucker that looks to me like a lineup without an automatic out. 

Best starting 9 (10) if I was the manager for game 1 of the playoffs...

Altuve

Yordan

Correa

Tucker

Bregman

Brantley

Yuli

Chas

Maldonado.

IF Astros are behind in the 5th inning I PH for Maldonado with Diaz.  Then I PH for Castro with Meyers if we are still behind.  That's a lineup with what- shitty hitter and that's Maldonado the first time through the lineup.  That lineup fucks.  I doubt we ever get to see it, but who knows.  Framber on the bump.   

2 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

will ferrell idk GIF

I always love when analysts do their research it is so refreshing

Dan Plesac on MLB Network talking about A's/Astros/AL West

"The A's have a really tough schedule the last 10 days of the season...the Astros isn't as bad"

Dude they literally play each other 6 times and the Astros only have the best team in the AL for 3 in between lmao

1 minute ago, Scraps said:

"The A's have a really tough schedule the last 10 days of the season...the Astros isn't as bad"

Dude they literally play each other 6 times and the Astros only have the best team in the AL for 3 in between lmao

Confused Girl GIF

14 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Dude they have to play us we get to play them. Their schedule is way harder. 

• Hook 'Em 1