2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Nearly empty stadium, and half the fans there are in Dodgers gear. What a shitty organization and fanbase. I feel sorry for Trout and Ohtani. 

Don't feel sorry for either of those guys. Trout only made the playoffs once, and resigned with the shit organization, while Ohtani had many suitors.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, runthebone said:

They’ve got some Junk baller going tomorrow, so the Astros will probably struggle.  You never know, though, we might be able to hit the Angels in the Junk.

Man, I’ve seen some unfortunate names in baseball over the years but that one’s up there .

if ever there was a day to have Scrubb available and go with an “opener”, it would be today 

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Don’t really get this response to my post. Please explain. 

The almost as racist part was tongue in cheek- joke- b/c you said essentially that the latin american players would feast on junk ballers.  There is a similar belief, amongst some college coaches, that you should throw curves to African American players b/c they are less likely to have polished baseball skills as opposed to superior athleticism, and the superior athleticism is needed to hit the fastball while  baseball skills are more for hitting off speed pitchers.  

Edit to add- I see that it was TX 3 putt that said bring in the Cubans not you.  I responded to you b/c you responded to him.  Probably replied to wrong post.  

Edited by Wulaw Horn

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

The almost as racist part was tongue in cheek- joke- b/c you said essentially that the latin american players would feast on junk ballers.  There is a similar belief, amongst some college coaches, that you should throw curves to African American players b/c they are less likely to have polished baseball skills as opposed to superior athleticism, and the superior athleticism is needed to hit the fastball while  baseball skills are more for hitting off speed pitchers.  

Maybe you meant to respond to 3putt’s post. All  I said was that the Astros roster has a high % of Hispanic players. 

11 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Holy fuck that bat "boy" at the end of the first clip

Although thinking about it there's a decent chance it's an adult with developmental issues, not sure why else a grown adult would be a minor league bat boy. So I guess I feel bad. But still.

That's "Big Mike".  He does has a learning disability.  Been with them since they debuted in 2012.  Fan favorite.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, UTexasFight said:

Man, I’ve seen some unfortunate names in baseball over the years but that one’s up there .

if ever there was a day to have Scrubb available and go with an “opener”, it would be today 

i used to think scrubb was the most unfortunate name for a relief pitcher, until i saw kc has a guy named scott blewett.

6 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

How is this even up for debate? Unless he plans to retire, you bring him back for the next two seasons. All you ageist fuckers think he sucks but the undeniable truth is that he's done a good job this year.