Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

Fong

***************************************************************************************

Humble (Texas) Summer Creek five-star offensive tackle Kelvin Banks tells 247Sports he will announce his college decision on July 4.

I’m keeping an eye on Oregon and Texas A&M. The Aggies have been a front runner the whole cycle and the Ducks have been charging hard.

Both programs have 247Sports Top10 classes with Texas A&M at No. 7 and Oregon at No. 9. Banks is the 247Sports Composite’s No. 2 offensive tackle.

LSU, Texas and Oklahoma State also got June officials but the Aggies and Ducks appear to be battling this one out with less than 48 hours to go.

6 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Perroni and Fong having the same source (hi Elko) checks out. The IT vs 247 source-off continues.

- In general, I doubt that Elko would care enough to leak anything to Perroni

- In this instance, he has long maintained that he has a close contact.  IIRC, someone in his family is on the school team or on the coaching staff.

Just now, Getafix said:

- In general, I doubt that Elko would care enough to leak anything to Perroni

- In this instance, he has long maintained that he has a close contact.  IIRC, someone in his family is on the school team or on the coaching staff.

I'd say Fong = Perroni in this instance with both being 247 guys sharing info

• Hook 'Em 1

At this juncture, I am mentally prepared to miss on everyone we want during the summer, go balls to the wall during the season, and end up either flipping them back or getting newer, better recruits when it’s all said and done.

That or crash spectacularly and require a liver transplant.

Edited by Darth Tron
Verbiage
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Wasn’t it @closetojumping that a couple days ago said our OL was pretty much set and would be committing sooner rather than later?  While also getting off on his OP title changing ability?

Yes. He also said he wouldn’t be surprised if Flood messes up the Banks recruitment yesterday.

Just now, FunkSoulBrother said:

Yes. He also said he wouldn’t be surprised if Flood messes up the Banks recruitment yesterday.

I mean I read it more as bemoaning and general downtalking of the staff seeing as we expected Williams to commit. Not necessarily regarding any additional information

1 minute ago, Darth Tron said:

At this juncture, I am mentally prepared to miss on everyone we want during the summer, go balls to the wall during the season, and end up either flipping them back or getting newer, better recruits when it’s all said and done.

That or crash spectacularly and require a liver transplant.

Reality is you may flip 1 or 2 but you aint flipping 5-6-7 guys.

2 minutes ago, Darth Tron said:

Either that or crash spectacularly and require a liver transplant.

image.jpeg.0116eeea4e65342ddaaf0549b0244d27.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

I haven't felt great about Banks for a while now. Usually when we're told over and over again for months that a guy is basically a done deal, but he never actually pulls the trigger, it ends up poorly. Big concerns about Campbell for the same reason.

2 minutes ago, Darth Tron said:

Either that or crash spectacularly and require a liver transplant.

With their schedule and the state of the SEC, A&M is setup to have a really good season. Those two backs they have are going to make that oline look better than they are. The time to strike was now during Sark's honeymoon period and hope the recruits remain loyal. 

4 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:
6 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:
He’s a long shot but I trust our staff to close 

Yeah, particularly based on recent experience, what could go wrong?

Those were just 3 stars. We weren’t going hard for them. We were going hard for the 5stars. So basically we knew we were getting banks. The other guys where bread for the d line to beat on. 

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting