Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

15 hours ago, TBD said:

This is it 100%.  This is a really great staff overall and if they can coach up what we got, everything that is now a concern, won’t be a concern later.  

Haha what year is this? A “great” staff can close no matter what. That’s how things get turned around. 

9 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Hear me out what if we also get a black guy to commit today? Does that fuck up the vibe here, or do we accept it?

4 minutes ago, texifornia said:

White Boy Friday is an inclusive celebration. It's like Kwanzaa.

We will just call it White-ish Boy Friday.

Eric Nahlin

Humble Scribe

By: Justin, Gerry, and Eric

OL Cole Hutson, Frisco (Frisco, TX): It’s Announcement Day Part I with the four-star offensive lineman. After hitting the road during the dead and non-dead periods, including stops at Alabama, OU, and Texas A&M, the 6-foot-5, 300-pounder is ready to pick a school. This family took the recruiting process seriously, give Steve Sarkisian and Kyle Flood credit for putting Texas in the best possible position.

OL Conner Robertson, Westlake (Austin, TX): Another priority target for Texas, the 6-foot-4, 295-pounder is ready to proclaim his program as part of Announcement Day Part II. After seeing schools like Stanford, USC, and Northwestern, the center/guard prospect has reached his decision. Texas is the favorite for the player Flood quickly identified upon arriving in Austin.

Hutson and Robertson are set to announce this evening.

OL Kelvin Banks, Summer Creek (Humble, TX): Missing on Cam Williams will really hurt if they strike out with Banks. The 6-foot-5, 300-pound composite five-star tackle is set to announce on July 24th. LSU and Oregon were nice, but despite the out-of-state love, this likely comes down to Texas and Texas A&M. There remains confidence on the UT side, but Sarkisian’s ability to close is something we’re monitoring closely. IT still views Banks as a Texas lean and has not hedged. However, it’s incumbent upon the staff to finish. If you’ve watched sports you have seen leads slip away late. That could happen here, though if we expected it to go that route we wouldn’t pick UT.

OL Devon Campbell, Bowie (Arlington, TX): Along with Banks, getting Campbell would signal that the Texas staff is prepared to battle the big schools for elite targets. IT continues to believe Texas is in the the best spot to land the five-star offensive guard, but the recruitment remains scheduled to play out into the fall and possibly all the way to December. Texas is expected to receive an OV during the season. Oklahoma is considered the main competition, as IT continues to be told by a pair of college staffs that Campbell is expected to stay close to home at the end of the day.

EDGE Derrick Brown, Texas High (Texarkana, TX): The East Texas edge-backer is deciding on July 20th at 5pm. This began with OU, Arkansas, and Texas A&M, but after taking official visits in June, the four-star has Texas and Baylor as his final two. The good money has the Horns in the lead.

DB Bryce Anderson, West Brook (Beaumont, TX): This was supposed to be Anderson’s Independence Day announcement weekend. But things change in recruiting, and with the highly-coveted defensive back pushing back his decision, it’s difficult to read where the cards lay at this time. IT believes strongly that Texas has a nice lead following the June official visits. Texas A&M head coach Jimbo Fisher is working to get Anderson to hold off on a decision, and make one more trip to College Station in late July.

LB Jeremy Patton, Tenaha (Tenaha, TX): Another prospect squarely in UT’s crosshairs, the 6-foot-2, 210-pound inside linebacker is looking like an August decision. Texas, Michigan, Arkansas, and Baylor are the schools of note, and LSU if they took a late run. The Horns are the team to beat.

QB Maalik Murphy, Serra (Juinpero Serra, CA) - TEXAS: The UT pledge turned solid performances in the first two days of the Elite 11 Finals. At 6-foot-5, almost 230 pounds, Murphy is made for this competition. His live arm can make all of the required throws, and his velocity and arm strength are among the top three at the event, along with Ohio State verbal Quinn Ewers and Penn State verbal Drew Allar. Murphy’s strength continues to be pocket passes in the intermediate game with a ball that cuts through the wind. In this competition, he has to be stellar as he’s in the bottom third of the 18-man competition from an athletic movement ability standpoint - which is tested on a number of passes and created situations. His most impressive Pro Day throws were the deep flag, comeback, and wheel-route hole shot. Those routes showed the arm talent/arm power on a chilly and windy night.

Murphy spoke with Inside Texas following a strong Pro Day about what it will mean to be a quarterback at the University of Texas.

“Everything. I know there is a big responsibility that comes with it,” said Murphy. I’m ready for whatever comes with it. I know there is a lot there at the University of Texas. I feel like I’m in a good spot with the coaches, and I feel like I can do some big things in the program. I can’t wait to get there.”

For those who care about the quarterbacks that would get the nod as the most impressive after two workouts, including the Pro Day workout Thursday night, it would be USC verbal Devin Brown (Corner Canyon, UT via Phoenix area) and Ewers. Trojans offensive coordinator Graham Harrell receives a big tip of the cap for a terrific early evaluation of Brown.

Recruiting fistfights

While Sarkisian continues to root out entitlement in a program known for it he has to also remain focused on increasing overall talent level.

As we’ve detailed for months, June and July are crucial to the cycle’s overall recruiting success or failure. You know all the names that are announcing between now and the beginning of the season. How those decisions break will go a long way towards defining Sark’s first class.

IT has talked to a couple of intelligent parents to get an idea of how Sarkisian is as a recruiter and more importantly as a closer.

What we can share from those conversations is Sarkisian’s personality and affability are disarming and play well with parents and players alike. He’s viewed as genuine, prepared, detail oriented, and generally likable. These are all excellent recruiting traits.

Where there is some concern is who he is as a closer. One parent, who has been around the best closers in the recruiting game wonders if Sark is too nice, too passive to go for the throat. This parent states, Texas will get the kids who naturally want to go to UT, but what about the coin flips? He’s not so sure.

Many kids respond well to a firmer, more intense and challenging close. We’re not talking Tom Herman on Noah Cain challenging, but there’s a middle ground.

#####

Just so you know, we’re not sitting around having discussions on whether or not Sarkisian is going to succeed. We’re just showing you things don’t come easy and it is a process that requires time and adaptation.

If he’s the guy we think he is, he’ll get it right.

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

This was 100% pure fiction. They just made that shit up out of whole cloth in order to push their burgeoning silly narrative that “Sark can’t close”. 

2 hours ago, Bevo14 said:

5f9byk.jpg

Ha. 

“Dear Penthouse, I never thought this would happen to me…”

She’s hot but pretty fragile. I like them snarky, confident, condescending, bright and semi-violent. 

• Haha 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting