Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

My crystal balls are at 34% confident. The only thing that would tel me this dude is absolutely not coming tontexas what so ever is if he grew up a life long fan.  If he were to say he loves Texas and grew up dying to be here then I’d say he Oregon bound 

12 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

I’m not giving up on Banks, but I’ve felt for awhile that our $9.95ers are going especially hard on clickbait sunshine this year.  Some of the guys they insist on mentioning frequently clearly have zero chance of coming here if you’ve ever followed recruiting at all, and there are a handful of supposed hard Texas leans who act an awful lot like guys going to Alabama / Ohio State / aggy despite our own $9.95ers (and pretty much nobody else) insisting they’re Texas leans or even on the verge of committing to us for the last 5 months.  

Covid year or not, if those guys were leaning that heavily to Texas plenty of coaches would have locked down more of them for us early.  “But they haven’t been able to visit places until June” - yeah, and Mack Brown persuaded approximately one million top recruits to commit to Texas early before that was even a thing and before they took their visits to places.  And then most of them would even forego visiting other schools after that.

Hutson and Robertson coming would be a nice day and establish a solid baseline for the OL, at least.  If we miss on the bigger fish, though … well, maybe Sark’s recruiting is better with the Tosh Lupoi and Pete Carroll magic mystery bags than NLI pitches.

It's like an echo chamber effect.  Idk if we ever lead for Banks.

54 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Perroni seems to have gotten a heads-up ... had an "article" out.  (No substance, but still.)

Also - 

image.thumb.png.6d54dbe0cf58cbb0fc05417bab47f7f9.png

So he thinks Banks randomly decided to move up his decision date without having made a decision? I mean you never know with high schoolers but seems pretty illogical

• Hook 'Em 1

So what's the plan now at OT? After Williams and Banks, we basically just have offers out to Dewberry and a bunch of OOS blue chips. Looking down the list of guys in Texas, I see very few that have ever been mentioned here or are uncommitted. Only name that rings a bell is Timi Gagophien out of Alief, who came up some back in the early spring but at that time Gerry said he has grade issues.

2 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Mama Banks just started following a bunch of Oregon people and ScoopDucks mods put in their equivalent of a CB with high confidence on landing him. Pack it up, folks. I think this one is over. 

Hide contents

spacer.png

spacer.png

Yikes. Sounds like it's Oregon.

I have a feeling Oregon is taking FULL advantage of NIL in all the ways that we should be doing (ie Phil Knight offering fat deals to sign)

Just now, Tex-19 said:

I have a feeling Oregon is taking FULL advantage of NIL in all the ways that we should be doing (ie Phil Knight offering fat deals to sign)

This feels right to me. With nary a guideline to be found, I'm sure Nike is pitching a deal for each member of the signing class at varying values. Not that their bag game wasn't functional and competent, but this is an added layer of suck. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Mama Banks just started following a bunch of Oregon people and ScoopDucks mods put in their equivalent of a CB with high confidence on landing him. Pack it up, folks. I think this one is over. 

Reveal hidden contents

spacer.png

spacer.png

How did you see this? I checked both on mobile and desktop and neither showed me what you're seeing.

This feels right to me. With nary a guideline to be found, I'm sure Nike is pitching a deal for each member of the signing class at varying values. Not that their bag game wasn't functional and competent, but this is an added layer of suck. 

Maybe so. Maybe they are. And we should have been ready and countered during the visit.

Obviously what we pitched was NOT good enough to counter whatever they’re pitching.

Once again, we can’t get out of our own way.

8 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Reveal hidden contents

spacer.png

spacer.png

Your pics aren't showing up....

Are you sure she started following them recently? 

Twitter doesn't sort follows like it used to anymore, even on browser.

Yep, makes a lot of sense if Phil is willing to open his wallet (and this kind of money is peanuts to him). Bag game is great and all, but the allure of signing with Jordan Brand right out of high school is gonna be tough for any program to compete with.

4 minutes ago, tokamak said:

So what's the plan now at OT? After Williams and Banks, we basically just have offers out to Dewberry and a bunch of OOS blue chips. Looking down the list of guys in Texas, I see very few that have ever been mentioned here or are uncommitted. Only name that rings a bell is Timi Gagophien out of Alief, who came up some back in the early spring but at that time Gerry said he has grade issues.

Neto. That's all I got. 

Plus OT to be named later from west of here

1 minute ago, BornAndRaised said:

How did you see this? I checked both on mobile and desktop and neither showed me what you're seeing.

https://scoopduck.com/players/10389/kelvin-banks

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Are you sure she started following them recently? 

Twitter doesn't sort follows like it used to anymore, even on browser.

I used Twitonomy which still appears to show them in order. Looks like Mason Smith was added since I last looked

https://www.twitonomy.com/profile.php?sn=banksmonica74

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

Neto. That's all I got. 

Plus OT to be named later from west of here

Our $9.95ers have basically been saying no chance with Neto. If Williams and Banks is what happens with guys they think we're going to land, then Neto is probably on his way to Austin to burn our campus to the ground right now.

• Haha 2

https://scoopduck.com/players/10389/kelvin-banks

I used Twitonomy which still appears to show them in order. Looks like Mason Smith was added since I last looked

https://www.twitonomy.com/profile.php?sn=banksmonica74

Appreciate the link. I do see what you referencing, but literally 2 follows down is Flood and Searels. Issue? maybe. Not enough for my undies to be in a bunch though.

1 minute ago, Sgt Hulk said:

With all this money we have why are our bags not good enough?

It's all about the money these boosters and bag-fellas have. No matter how much they do have, they do not appear to be organized and/or carrying the balls enough to be successful at it. We need to bring in the old Patches O'Houlihan of Bag-Manning to whip these fuckers into shape.

1 minute ago, BornAndRaised said:

Appreciate the link. I do see what you referencing, but literally 2 follows down is Flood and Searels. Issue? maybe. Not enough for my undies to be in a bunch though.

I’m mean we are basically Bama now. What the hell 

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting