Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

1 minute ago, Tex-19 said:

Supposedly Robertson and Hutson both announcing at 7. Feels like a coordinated double announcement for the good guys imo.

Why stop at 2? Just get banks on the phone and do all three today.

Edited by Enchubben

2 minutes ago, theBigHen said:

If he’s wrong just know this is comin https://youtu.be/lpETZt4teBY

I mean this kind of defines him. If hes right he is going to get major credit but if hes wrong it will be hard for him to continue with recruiting coverage using his current format. Lets see if he hedges from now until Sunday 

I hope Nahlin is correct here but the guy is pathological that no one could possibly know something that he doesn’t. 

How is he so certain that it can’t be known yet where he will end up and everyone is just making predictions based on rumors? Don’t want to leave any room at all for the possibility that your source is out of the loop and maybe others have different sources?

Just now, UncleSonny said:

I hope Nahlin is correct here but the guy is pathological that no one could possibly know something that he doesn’t. 

How is he so certain that it can’t be known yet where he will end up and everyone is just making predictions based on rumors? Don’t want to leave any room at all for the possibility that your source is out of the loop and maybe others have different sources?

He’s adamant about his source. Whomever this source is if he’s wrong he should cut ties with

8 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

These guys are so weird. Wtf does "I'm not trying to hear rumors..." even mean?

3 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

It is an odd statement from a guy whose job is to hear rumors and report them.

Michael Dell:  “I’m not trying to sell computers.”

Henry Ford: “I’m not trying to sell cars.”

Mark Zuckerberg: “I’m not trying to sell your privacy to China!”

It really is White Boy Friday

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

He’s adamant about his source. Whomever this source is if he’s wrong he should cut ties with

Whatever. The idea of "covering" this stuff like traditional sports is laughable. He should just keep taking our money and writing the gossip columns.

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Pretty sure it’s almost always someone from the high school coaching staff. He has some UT friendly coaches there and either they are overconfident, or we’re gonna be happy.

FWIW the kids on his high school team think he was leaning Good guys but it wouldn’t be the first time teammates have it wrong.

“I’m not trying to hear ‘rumors that he’s committed to Jimbo already’” means he’s not buying the narrative that Banks has already committed to aggy, and don’t come at him with that bullshit. This is usually said with a snappy, Talk to the Hand motion by a sassy woman in a salon, but you get the drift.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

He's not coming here. In his tweet asking fans where he should go, he used everyone else's proper hashtag and used some half ass #Longhorns tag for us. 

It's something small, but you would think he would give enough of a shit to know to put #Hookem if he can remember to put #GigEm. 

Like those people who get offered by us and put #GoLonghorns or some shit.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just imagine how questionable all of our intel is with all of the other recruits if we were wrong on Banks. I don’t want to even see this thread for a few days if we lose Banks. Then again, because I’m such a miserable person sometimes maybe I do want to partake in the meltdown. 

Edited by Newy25

Just now, Newy25 said:

Just imagine how questionable all of our intel is all of the other recruits if we were wrong on Banks. I don’t want to even see this thread for a few days if we lose Banks. Then again, because I’m such a miserable person sometimes maybe I do want to partake in the meltdown. 

Texifornia will be along shortly to have a word with you. 

1 minute ago, Newy25 said:

Just imagine how questionable all of our intel is with all of the other recruits if we were wrong on Banks. I don’t want to even see this thread for a few days if we lose Banks. Then again, because I’m such a miserable person sometimes maybe I do want to partake in the meltdown. 

Yep I thought about that earlier. Campbell, Anderson, Brown, hell even Patton are all thrown into question. 

2 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

to be fair, TOS started right after/before the loss to Alabama in 2010, right? We're halfway through our 11th consecutive year of meltdowns. At this point, if you're still here, you better have learned to embrace it.

3 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Useless.

Just say that Oregon came in and is in the pole position for this recruitment. I swear these $9.95ers don't even know how to report their news.

Oregon doesn’t make sense if you read that he wants to influence others that are committing soon. That’s obviously either Texas or aggy 

54 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Tom Herman was a huge asshole, with a terrible staff, inheriting a program coming off the Charlie Strong disaster years, dealing with the same SEC and Ohio State intrusion that began years before, and even he managed to dominate in-state recruiting in his new coach bump year in the 2018 class.  Sure, that was a bad year for aggy with Sumlin, and our momentum pretty much fizzled out by 2019, but at least he could sell the hype that first year.    

Mack Brown, of course, had the number 1 class in the nation in his equivalent class.

This class had the blockbuster vibe early when Stewart and Blue were jumping on board, but it really hasn’t progressed that way since then.  I guess if you hire a guy like Sark instead of someone who never failed before, then you get less benefit of the doubt on selling the new regime. I just hope we don’t ever get a “recruiting is hard” speech by Sark.

You don’t get the same new car smell recruiting bump when you are on your 3rd new car in 7 years. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting