Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

3 minutes ago, XForce said:

Canceled 247 last week. I’m sure Roach is a great guy but I need a guy that will follow recruits almost anywhere to get scoops.

Well, at this point Taylor Hamm will probably give you the scoop and finger your butthole for 995 a month. Sounds like he’s your guy. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, XForce said:

Canceled 247 last week. I’m sure Roach is a great guy but I need a guy that will follow recruits almost anywhere to get scoops.

Ive gone to cancel orangebloods twice and both times they gave me 6 free months to stick around. 

Well, at this point Taylor Hamm will probably give you the scoop and finger your butthole for 995 a month. Sounds like he’s your guy. 

Idk if you’re not getting my sarcasm or I’m not getting yours. Obvi Hamm would go anywhere but I was more impressed/miss the meltdowns. Damn what a golden age of following recruiting analysts.

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

Agreed. I was driving my family back from a road trip, however, so I think I can get a pass. I’m attempting to make up for lost time, however. 

Ok, fair enough. With my in laws in town I’ve been going hard on white wine disguised with a Nalgene bottle while I lecture them about the necessary to hydrate in the mountains while I drink myself to plaid. By the time Sunday rolls around and Banks commits to Stanford I doubt I will even be able to open this site on my phone. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, XForce said:

Idk if you’re not getting my sarcasm or I’m not getting yours. Obvi Hamm would go anywhere but I was more impressed/miss the meltdowns. Damn what a golden age of following recruiting analysts.

You’re not getting mine. But then again I was giving you the benefit of the doubt. 

I was thinking about the rumor on IT about Banks being pushed to up his commitment date. I don't really think the reasoning jives with the outcome. Jimbo is out of town and wants more people to decide while he's out of town, and its being done to get more Houston targets on board? the same could be said for literally any of the 3 teams in contention. Something doesn't add up, I just up the end result winds up for the good guys.

6 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

I was thinking about the rumor on IT about Banks being pushed to up his commitment date. I don't really think the reasoning jives with the outcome. Jimbo is out of town and wants more people to decide while he's out of town, and its being done to get more Houston targets on board? the same could be said for literally any of the 3 teams in contention. Something doesn't add up, I just up the end result winds up for the good guys.

30 minutes ago, mantis toboggan said:

IT seems to be an outlier on Banks. Will be interesting to see their reasons or explanation should they be wrong. If aggy sites are correct and we are a distant 3rd….well, wow. 

FWIW - 

- Roach says his sources still feel good, and no one has heard Oregon mentioned

- the Oregon site (scoopduck?) mentioned Texas still being in the picture (didn't mention aggy)

So we are seeing some - ahem - synchronous source dispersion on this one. (Lulz.)

• Hook 'Em 2

18 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Well, as usual it appears nobody knows shit. So stop freaking out one way or the other.

That’s the psychosis of this sight.  Everyone knows the 9.95s are full of shit but as soon as they report something pro Texas we temporarily ignore that they don’t know anything and give them the benefit of the doubt.  Then once it’s clear they were wrong all along we get mad at them even though it was our fault for ever believing them in the first place.  That and we are all trying to figure out what an 17-18 year old kid will do.  Clearly we are the problem.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, stork642 said:

That’s the psychosis of this sight.  Everyone knows the 9.95s are full of shit but as soon as they report something pro Texas we temporarily ignore that they don’t know anything and give them the benefit of the doubt.  Then once it’s clear they were wrong all along we get mad at them even though it was our fault for ever believing them in the first place.  That and we are all trying to figure out what an 17-18 year old kid will do.  Clearly we are the problem.  

Well, the fun part is when you get someone who is smart enough and generally acting in good faith like Gerry. Then you get to figure out where the breakdown was (hello Cam giving two schools silents at the same time).

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting