Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

26 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

giphy.gif

This video of White Boy Underbite Wunderkind is one my favorite things on the interwebs.

And in regard to the “faint essence” in the air, funny Ribs should mention Jeffcoat. Legend has it he was “all gas” way before Sark arrived.

Edited by Vito Andolini
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

After picking up family at the airport last night in Denver all I can say is I hope all of you Texas fucks would all have gone to Galveston instead of flocking to Colorado en mass. 

Legal weed and thin air to intensify the  affects  of your chosen intoxicant. 

The truth is out. Deal wit it

Listening to the 4th & 5 podcast from yesterday before Cam announced, Darius said Cam was all set for Oregon before he made his visit to Texas, then we made a good enough impression on him to throw things up in the air. He put his confidence level for Texas at a 4/10. @OnAComputer had us at 5/10, so while yesterday was a missed opportunity, it’s not like we bricked a layup, or totally flubbed a sure thing.

Oregon had been on this kid a lot longer than our staff has even been here, Cristobal is an elite recruiter, particularly of o-linemen, and just put an OT in the top 10 picks of the NFL draft. If we miss on the two kids today, that’s when I’ll start worrying in earnest. 

• Hook 'Em 8

5 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

Listening to the 4th & 5 podcast from yesterday before Cam announced, Darius said Cam was all set for Oregon before he made his visit to Texas, then we made a good enough impression on him to throw things up in the air. He put his confidence level for Texas at a 4/10. @OnAComputer had us at 5/10, so while yesterday was a missed opportunity, it’s not like we bricked a layup, or totally flubbed a sure thing.

Oregon had been on this kid a lot longer than our staff has even been here, Cristobal is an elite recruiter, particularly of o-linemen, and just put an OT in the top 10 picks of the NFL draft. If we miss on the two kids today, that’s when I’ll start worrying in earnest. 

The real problem imo is the staff may have told Jacob Sexton we didn’t have a spot because they thought Williams was in. They are too overconfident and it’s fucking shit up.

It also makes most 9.95 reports useless since those are mostly sourced from staff.

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

It's not a disaster, but it makes getting the big fish we're in on even more of a priority than before because the 2nd tier guys like Williams will be gone/difficult to flip.

32 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

GTFO with this level headed take.

But yeah taking a step back, our misses this week are 1. a guy we never thought we'd get and never led for, 2. a guy from FL, and 3. a guy we offered 2 months ago (a full year after Oregon). The real screw ups were the overconfidence with Williams that impacted Sexton, and the fact that we didn't offer Williams until May in the first place. Brooks and K Thompson were just normal losses, happens to everyone all the time.

With that said, closing ability is getting a bit worrisome. Anderson was supposed to commit to us in April and is now totally in the air, Jacoby Matthews was supposedly a silent, Gaston overconfidence was similar to Cam (luckily worked out nicely), and Evan Stewart commitment lasted about 2 weeks. It feels like the staff does great until we take the lead and the target is on our back. Maybe related to the negative recruiting mentioned earlier in this thread.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Newy25 said:

After picking up family at the airport last night in Denver all I can say is I hope all of you Texas fucks would all have gone to Galveston instead of flocking to Colorado en mass. 

I'm in New Mexico, motherfucker.

12 hours ago, 6th Street said:

I wouldn't worry about the Cam Williams miss this early. If we beat OU and TCU he will likely decommit from Oregon and sign with Texas. Similar to PJ Locke 

Guys, obviously 6th Street’s account has been hacked.  It a good reminder to periodically change your passwords.  

9 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Given how raw Murphy still is (and given that 50% of the vote is based off his rough Junior year), this is encouraging.

You'd have to think MM is last place in the Jr season film so yeah, says a lot about his camp performance. 

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting