Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

1 minute ago, SarkAfterDark said:

So what is more likely, Cam sensed numbers were tight, and gave a silent to hold his spot at UT until he decided which school he really wanted to go to or the visit high wore off and he decided he really wanted to go to Oregon? Either way the staff can't allow this to happen, telling Sexton we have no room when this commitment was 100% in can't happen. I think it is probably always best to let a kid go home and think about it after wanting to commit while on a visit, or put a statute of limitations on a silent commit. 

They had silent from both and chose the one they wanted more. Hell of a lot better than winning Cam and forcing Sexton off the boat as a result. Don’t overthink it. They made choices with the info they had and got beat. 

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, ShowMeALoss said:

Haha, i just had a chance to come back to the site and see the reactions from my post last night. Now, it seems like a lot of you are coming around to seeing what i have said months ago. You take pleasure in picking on little things like "official" vs. "Unofficial" instead of seeing the problem right in front of you because you feel like you won an argument. There is no cure for homerism.

We deserve all of what we have been getting for years. I have two degrees from Texas, been a long time donor and go to games whenever I can. I am ecstatic with what CDC has done with other programs but i wasn't happy with the Sark hire. He may work out but the odds are not that great.

This board is full of dudes who like to live in a bubble. You like to make fun of other boards but i am convinced their collective intelligence is far superior to yours. If you're in a bubble with a herd, you are never wrong and are never challenged. That's what you want. Good luck to us. Hope Sark can do great things. I will be watching games and following recruiting whenever i can but this is my last post in this board, which should please most of you. :)

Get the fuck out. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Machinator said:

I don't think you're in the minority. I would have liked us to go after both him and Williams.

I think the ship has sailed. He's committing on Saturday.

I'd like to think we could conjure up some Ohio State and Oregon magic. But that's only a dream. Sigh.

The Recruiting forum after Hutson and Robertson depants Texas tomorrow and choose other schools:

"Worse? How could things get any worse? Take a look around here, Surly. We're at the threshold of hell!"

I can't even imagine the depths of the Clark Griswoldian meltdown the collective here will have. I'd like to think I'll be right there in the thick of it, but I'm going to be playing golf in Galveston with my sons, then getting shitfaced with my wife and her divorced girlfriend spending the long weekend with us. I may miss all kinds of carnage, and that will be a shame. 

So in short, I guess I hope we get whitey tomorrow, because I don't want to miss the full meltdown of rock bottom. That needs to be delayed until Banks chooses ATM on July 24th. 

• Rage+1 1

25 minutes ago, ShowMeALoss said:

Haha, i just had a chance to come back to the site and see the reactions from my post last night. Now, it seems like a lot of you are coming around to seeing what i have said months ago. You take pleasure in picking on little things like "official" vs. "Unofficial" instead of seeing the problem right in front of you because you feel like you won an argument. There is no cure for homerism.

We deserve all of what we have been getting for years. I have two degrees from Texas, been a long time donor and go to games whenever I can. I am ecstatic with what CDC has done with other programs but i wasn't happy with the Sark hire. He may work out but the odds are not that great.

This board is full of dudes who like to live in a bubble. You like to make fun of other boards but i am convinced their collective intelligence is far superior to yours. If you're in a bubble with a herd, you are never wrong and are never challenged. That's what you want. Good luck to us. Hope Sark can do great things. I will be watching games and following recruiting whenever i can but this is my last post in this board, which should please most of you. :)

For someone with such a positive username you sure sound like like a bitch.  Sark has enough talent to win this year and that is what will be the game changer for these recruits.  If he doesn’t win they will just decommit anyway.   Chill dude.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The Recruiting forum after Hutson and Robertson depants Texas tomorrow and choose other schools:

"Worse? How could things get any worse? Take a look around here, Surly. We're at the threshold of hell!"

I can't even imagine the depths of the Clark Griswoldian meltdown the collective here will have. I'd like to think I'll be right there in the thick of it, but I'm going to be playing golf in Galveston with my sons, then getting shitfaced with my wife and her divorced girlfriend spending the long weekend with us. I may miss all kinds of carnage, and that will be a shame. 

So in short, I guess I hope we get whitey tomorrow, because I don't want to miss the full meltdown of rock bottom. That needs to be delayed until Banks chooses ATM on July 24th. 

Are we gonna be stuck with a Cam Williams thread title all weekend now?

16 minutes ago, ShowMeALoss said:

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

5 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Yes. @closetojumping is punishing us all.

He’s waiting to break out “mass casualty collapse”

21 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I’ll be shocked if Banks doesn’t choose aggy.

• Rage+1 1

33 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Are you staying away from the board tomorrow for the slim chance of a threesome? 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, FreeHorn said:

Williams is picking Texas. People are hedging because they don’t have sources or are playing along with his wishes. Trust me on this one. 

You guys know what to do here. Send this mother fucker to Bolivia where he belongs. 

33 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

Are we gonna be stuck with a Cam Williams thread title all weekend now?

27 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Yes. @closetojumping is punishing us all.

I will be updating the title ahead of anything, probably. Changing it in the evening? Prooooobably not. 

3 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Are you staying away from the board tomorrow for the slim chance of a threesome? 

Well, she is hot as balls. 

• Hook 'Em 1

54 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Is Jimbo playing the EOT or NFL draft cards on us? Because I don't see how he could play either but to your point, it's a recruit's perception, not mine

All of the above?

FWIW, NFL scouts love what is currently on A&M's roster. NFL size all over that roster. They look better than us on the hoof. 

Jimbo (and other coaches) are painting a picture of this program - 

- being all hype, no substance (accomplished zilch w/ a senior QB last season)

- playing in an inferior conference (evidence - NFL draft)

- playing in a city with lots of distractions (yes when you don't produce, the city of Austin turns into a net negative with some recruits/parents)

- a program that is mired in instability (4 head coaches in a decade)

- off-the-field controversies (EOT)

- and a program that is overall unserious about football compared to the big boys (imagine Clemson being content w/ that bubble).

- more specific to A&M, I believe the pitch is being made that Bama/LSU have peaked and that A&M is prime to compete for a conference title. 

Point is the entire program is on trial, not just the previous staff. This is what I was trying to convey to slap dicks @Ricky's one-hitter and @Burt Macklin yesterday who seem to think we are absolved of all or most of these data points in the eyes of recruits just b/c we hired a new staff. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I think we can all assume carnage and disappointment. Apparently Sarkisian can't close. Hutson is a silent and has a mother who has been a Texas honk his entire recruitment. Robertson's family would prefer he stay here and don't see a dramatic difference in degree upside from Stanford versus what he'll pursue at Texas or some shit. I think the family has a strong network. Maybe early enrollment is a thing on that one as well. Hell, I can't remember. Both are tough dudes on the field, so fucking great, let's get them. If Texas whiffs on either guy, fuck me, fuck you, fuck them, Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah. 

As of right now, I'd say there are multiple things working against Texas in the recruiting realm. Some, like payola infrastructure, I don't really give a fuck about because I honestly believe Texas is going to be a king on the NIL front for its players. Other shit, like shit that other teams can spew about Sarkisian or UT? I don't know what can happen in that regard other than winning and Sarkisian proving over the duration of a season that he's not on the sauce.

Make no mistake, these other staffs are throwing everything they can at badmouthing UT and they have a metric ton of shit that is viable in one form or another that they can use - EOT, Booze, NFL Draft Picks, Winning, you name it. Some of it we may disagree with, but our perception is not a recruit or a recruit's family's perception. 

This is it 100%.  This is a really great staff overall and if they can coach up what we got, everything that is now a concern, won’t be a concern later.  

7 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

2 days ago this was an elite recruiting staff 

There are elite elements. Are the DB coach and WR coach elite recruiters? Are you convinced Sark is a closer a la Mack? Mack and Akina get a kid from Duncanville and Brooks.

1 minute ago, tokamak said:

Seems more than reasonable to be worried about Banks and Campbell at this point. Will actually be pretty surprised if we land Banks.

Yeah we'll learn more about Sark's closing ability over the next few weeks. 

Edited by Bruh Man

31 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

All of the above?

FWIW, NFL scouts love what is currently on A&M's roster. NFL size all over that roster. They look better than us on the hoof. 

- playing in a city with lots of distractions (yes when you don't produce, the city of Austin turns into a net negative with some recruits/parents)

- and a program that is overall unserious about football compared to the big boys (imagine Clemson being content w/ that bubble).

- more specific to A&M, I believe the pitch is being made that Bama/LSU have peaked and that A&M is prime to compete for a conference title. 

Point is the entire program is on trial, not just the previous staff. This is what I was trying to convey to slap dicks @Ricky's one-hitter and @Burt Macklin yesterday who seem to think we are absolved of all or most of these data points in the eyes of recruits just b/c we hired a new staff. 

Bruh Man. The pussies's pussy.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

All of the above?

You must be a good time, Bruh Man. Most of this is bullshit, and you’re either not a fan of Texas or too cynical to see that. This armageddon view of the program is exactly as you described, a picture painted by a rival school attempting to recruit impressionable kids and parents. That you’ve chosen that narrative for yourself just proves our fucking point. 

2 hours ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Honeymoon is over between sark and IT apparently. These misses are making IT loose credibility.

The moment they posted a novel-length argument why Gary fucking Kubiak was a real candidate for the job (like two months before the guy retired from football) we should have know exactly what we were getting there. 

• Haha 2

Losing Williams this way blows but the games haven't started yet, and it's a long way to signing day. Win some ball games, get Banks, Campbell, and others on board, and this is a blip on the radar.

Or perhaps we should be scouting our next coaching staff.

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting