Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

12 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

His publicly displayed $10 contribution clearly makes him a better fan than me.

It just proves you're all talk and no bag game.  You're the perfect representation of why we can't beat Baylor and you don't even know it. 

• Fuck You 13

6 minutes ago, BurntUp said:

It just proves you're all talk and no bag game.  You're the perfect representation of why we can't beat Baylor and you don't even know it. 

You’re absolutely correct. I’ll accept all the blame for this season’s 2nd half meltdowns. My sacrifices have clearly not been enough; $10 more to our high performing TEs would have provided the extra incentive necessary to pull the team through the second half of the past 3 games. I sincerely apologize to Longhorn fans everywhere.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

You’re absolutely correct. I’ll accept all the blame for this season’s 2nd half meltdowns. My sacrifices have clearly not been enough; $10 more to our high performing TEs would have provided the extra incentive necessary to pull the team through the second half of the past 3 games. I sincerely apologize to Longhorn fans everywhere.

No you are just a fuccboi that has absolutely no idea how to compete. You think coming in her and dumping yards of sand out of your vagina will fix this shit. It won't and you embarrass yourself in doing it. Yet year, after year, after year you show up and do it. 

Burnt Ends is just proof that you could put your money where you huge gapping mouth is, and you didn't.  I mean you're a big shot Texas grad, amiright? Or does your wife make all the big financial decisions in the Fuccboi residence?

• Fuck You 11

If you are an OL, WR, DL, LB, or DB recruit I don't see how you watch this and don't think you can start immediately.
If thats all it takes, every suck ass team would be cleaning up recruiting. Hell, I dont see how Saban convinces any 5* to come to Tuscaloosa.

20 minutes ago, BurntUp said:

No you are just a fuccboi that has absolutely no idea how to compete. You think coming in her and dumping yards of sand out of your vagina will fix this shit. It won't and you embarrass yourself in doing it. Yet year, after year, after year you show up and do it. 

Burnt Ends is just proof that you could put your money where you huge gapping mouth is, and you didn't.  I mean you're a big shot Texas grad, amiright? Or does your wife make all the big financial decisions in the Fuccboi residence?

So you went to ACC? Concordia? Texas State?

What’s a gapping mouth?

spacer.png

9 hours ago, BurntUp said:

I've lurked this page on and off for years. I date back to Suzanne Halliburton dial in line. You bitch and complain but when we had a chance to use crowd sourcing to improve recruiting you sat it out completely. I guess youre too cool to pitch in, but still enough of a bitch to complain endlessly about losing recruits to schools that get it.  Why pay for something when you can steal it. You must have gone through McCombs.  

Go back to lurking and quit posting.

11 hours ago, gmr548 said:

Well, this thread seems to really have taken the Baylor game in stride...

I understand that recruits don't live and die with every result like fans do but at some point the bad losses have to start taking a toll. I don't know where that point is or if it's going to arrive now with this latest L. I can't remember if it was a connected poster ala CTJ/Barbacoa or a $9.95 reporter that delivered the "Sark can't close line" in reference to losing recruits thought to be all but locked up. But seeing what's happened on the field, the writing on the wall for the rest of the year (spoiler: "6-6"), and thinking back to that line... It's getting hard to imagine this recruiting class is going to come anywhere close to where it needs to be to really move the needle.

I wrote it, and that is what continues to be said, and yes, now it's being reinforced with the inability to close on the field. Sarkisian is actively being called a nice guy loser on the recruiting front by the competition. "You'll enjoy yourself there during the offseason and will never make it to the NFL, but yeah, Steve a nice dude."

2 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Cade Brewer tried to hurdle the entire OU defense instead of lateraling to keep the game alive because he was mad at you and your stinginess.  

This was, sadly, the most hilarious play of the year for me. I was in the stands around the 30 when he fielded the kick and came running towards our section. I assumed a lateral play was about to ensue, then I realized that this guy seriously thought he had a chance to return the ball and score. You could see it on his face. I laughed in real time and people looked at me as if I was insane. Cade Brewer is another in a long line of inexplicable personnel decisions that insist upon themselves. That guy has been doing jack shit on the field for 7 years, it seems. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

This was, sadly, the most hilarious play of the year for me. I was in the stands around the 30 when he fielded the kick and came running towards our section. I assumed a lateral play was about to ensue, then I realized that this guy seriously thought he had a chance to return the ball and score. You could see it on his face. I laughed in real time and people looked at me as if I was insane. Cade Brewer is another in a long line of inexplicable personnel decisions that insist upon themselves. That guy has been doing jack shit on the field for 7 years, it seems. 

If we aren't going young from the next game out to prepare for next season then this staff is further doomed than we thought. No reason guys like the following should be continuing to get meaningful playing time:

Tope Imade

Luke Brockermeyer

Jett Bush

Christian Jones

BJ Foster, along with Juan Davis(should be shown the door, leaving the field in a temper tantrum like they did)

Joshua Moore

Cade Brewer

Ray Thornton has been virtually useless

Brennen Schooler

I'm not sure wtf to do with QB as I feel like Card is already checked out with 1 foot in the portal.

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 1

Devon Campbell

Spoiler

Five-star Arlington (Texas) Bowie IOL Devon Campbell has scheduled official visits to Texas and LSU.

The 6-foot-3, 310-pound IOL prospect with an 81-inch wingspan will take official visits to Texas on November 13 and LSU on November 27.

The Longhorns were thought to be in line to receive the final official visit for the No. 19 ranked prospect in the country, but that won’t be the case.

Instead, the Tigers will receive the final official visit to end the month of November. They will do so without a permanent head coach.

Campbell has made a trio of official visits thus far. USC was the first to host the DFW mauler on June 4. Oklahoma received an official visit on June 18.

Campbell has also made a number of unofficial visits. The Longhorns hosted Campbell on a pair of unofficial visits over the summer. Oklahoma and USC have hosted Campbell this season.

One key note is that Campbell has decided not to make a second official visit to USC. With the firing of Clay Helton, the NCAA would allow Campbell to do so if he desired.

Campbell is expected to announce his decision on December 15, the first day of the early signing period.

Campbell is the No. 1 ranked IOL prospect in the 2022 class. He’s the No. 5 ranked prospect in the Lone Star State’s loaded 2022 cycle.

4 minutes ago, Big Woodrows said:

Devon Campbell

Hide contents

Five-star Arlington (Texas) Bowie IOL Devon Campbell has scheduled official visits to Texas and LSU.

The 6-foot-3, 310-pound IOL prospect with an 81-inch wingspan will take official visits to Texas on November 13 and LSU on November 27.

The Longhorns were thought to be in line to receive the final official visit for the No. 19 ranked prospect in the country, but that won’t be the case.

Instead, the Tigers will receive the final official visit to end the month of November. They will do so without a permanent head coach.

Campbell has made a trio of official visits thus far. USC was the first to host the DFW mauler on June 4. Oklahoma received an official visit on June 18.

Campbell has also made a number of unofficial visits. The Longhorns hosted Campbell on a pair of unofficial visits over the summer. Oklahoma and USC have hosted Campbell this season.

One key note is that Campbell has decided not to make a second official visit to USC. With the firing of Clay Helton, the NCAA would allow Campbell to do so if he desired.

Campbell is expected to announce his decision on December 15, the first day of the early signing period.

Campbell is the No. 1 ranked IOL prospect in the 2022 class. He’s the No. 5 ranked prospect in the Lone Star State’s loaded 2022 cycle.

everythingisfine.gif

38 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

If we aren't going young from the next game out to prepare for next season then this staff is further doomed than we thought. No reason guys like the following should be continuing to get meaningful playing time:

Tope Imade

Luke Brockermeyer

Jett Bush

Christian Jones

BJ Foster, along with Juan Davis(should be shown the door, leaving the field in a temper tantrum like they did)

Joshua Moore

Cade Brewer

Brennen Schooler

I'm not sure wtf to do with QB as I feel like Card is already checked out with 1 foot in the portal.

Juan Davis is a true freshmen

• Hook 'Em 1

The team desperately needs a culture change, which can only come with a new coach (unlikely) or new players. I am in favor of playing younger and hungrier guys now before the loser mentality sets in. Then fill in the holes next year with more newcomers (freshman and transfer portal). I am afraid it's too late to effect a culture change among the older and entitled guys. 

3 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

The team desperately needs a culture change, which can only come with a new coach (unlikely) or new players. I am in favor of playing younger and hungrier guys now before the loser mentality sets in. Then fill in the holes next year with more newcomers (freshman and transfer portal). I am afraid it's too late to effect a culture change among the older and entitled guys. 

I think Sark is trying to implement that here, just going to take a little more patience?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Tope Imade

Luke Brockermeyer

Jett Bush

Christian Jones

Joshua Moore

Cade Brewer

Brennen Schooler

If we're going to see boneheaded plays and sloppy overall execution by many of the older guys, let's at least see it from the younger ones. That's the best way to figure out what we have for 2022 and beyond. 

At QB, if Card really is ready to bolt, I'd be fine with letting Wright get a second-half series or two in every remaining game. This season is no longer salvageable, beyond scuffling to qualify for some lame consolation bowl. I'm sure the coaches know we need a decent transfer QB regardless, but I'd like to see Wright under live fire in conference play. If he blows it, no big deal. That's business as usual for our offense in the second half. 

Edited by Gut Wagon

What truly irritates me about this team is experienced players blaming fans for not sticking with them through thick and thin. They are tweeting their rare highlights from the game instead of being mad at themselves for contributing to the loss. We have got a bunch of individuals, not a team.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

And on the flip side, the most noticeable culture changing, hardass coach personnel decision we made was playing Jett Bush instead Alfred Collins for the first half of the season.  That’s one where we are so clearly hurting the team and not playing guys based on merit that it’s actually bad for team culture

This was supposedly because Collins wasn't putting in effort at practice. This isn't the example to use if you want to criticize Sark for lack of accountability.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Big Woodrows said:

This was supposedly because Collins wasn't putting in effort at practice. This isn't the example to use if you want to criticize Sark for lack of accountability.

Collins is a difference maker when he is in the game. Perhaps you can go easy on those types of guys in practice?

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Yeah so trott out jett fucking bush to get completely shit on 

goes to show the drop off.. a walk on player getting this many snaps? Not a great thing.

And they did seem to be playing a lot of different bodies.. DJ Harris, Sorrell got time playing there.  Not so sure what's going on with Dorbah.  But they were throwing different players out there the first few weeks.  Guess since it's ass clenching time, they decided to trot out the "best" they had.. it all sucks.

10 minutes ago, Big Woodrows said:

ahh the siren song of the Old School Meathead Coach. Nothing elevates a player's desire to work harder like favoritism in the name of effort. 

who could imagine Collins giving less than stellar effort at practice in a scheme where instead of using his NFL freakish athleticism to disrupt and destroy - instead they are asking him to catch blocks and try to maintain leverage in 2 gaps by catching the OL and shedding. In essence turning him in to a glorified OG in pass protection. Those of you old enough to remember the proliferation of the 5-2 defense here in Texas will no doubt recognize this horseshit from the NG and the two DL in the 5-2 scheme catching and sliding in much the same way. what's old is new again, I guess. 

you don't motivate your most talented contributors by rewarding "hard working" lesser contributors with their spots. Imagine doing that in your current workplace. Do you know who wins in that scenario? Literally no one. Neither individual contributor, the leader, or the team as a whole. It's no different than seeing old school brick-and-mortar C-Level execs fucking up a young work environment with old school nonsense. 

Old school meathead bullshit that people who don't understand motivation and human psychology think is hardass leadership but is instead breeding the actual entitlement that people who don't get it - think it will take away. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting