Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

So can someone who knows more than me give me some insight on this new Texas NIL deal?  Is this for football only or all sports?  Is $10 million a lot compared to what Ohio State, Alabama and A&M are doing?  Just wondering how this is a game changer.  Not saying it isn't I just have no idea.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Texas Wahoo said:

This will be a game changer imo. I bet $10M is just a start and it will keep growing. Creating a fund where busy but wealthy alums can put their money in while a group of people managing the fund can manage the distribution and the necessary marketing and what not is the way to go. It has a longer sustaining power. Very exciting news indeed!

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

So can someone who knows more than me give me some insight on this new Texas NIL deal?  Is this for football only or all sports?  Is $10 million a lot compared to what Ohio State, Alabama and A&M are doing?  Just wondering how this is a game changer.  Not saying it isn't I just have no idea.

I second this. Seems like we could increase that $10MM quite easily. 

1 minute ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

200-300k per year would make UT baseball unstoppable. We would lose fewer kids to the draft and no kid would have to pay for school again in that program

• Hook 'Em 7

9 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

They've secured 10 million towards what they hope to be a 150 million endowment that will go to all sports, although not necessarily evenly. 

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Yes, it's a lot. The plan is ultimately to endow every position at Texas for every athletic program, following logic and a model similar to the Longhorn Foundation, which is the collegiate gold standard and rivaled by damned near none.

Few schools have all of the advantages Texas has, including powerful, interested, and ridiculously wealthy boosters in spades (not just one or two), as well as large, aflluent and interested middle and lower layers of an alumni and fanbase too. This is weaponizing things through competitive advantages in spite of the AD, which should have been helping with this years ago, and has instead done nothing but whine. 

This will wind up being a $300million endowment down the line if some of this stuff comes together and the initial target is half of that. Football players will eventually be making legitimate money at Texas even as 3rd stringers. 

I told one of my buddies at Bama about this yesterday and asked him about their end. He said "For one, we're not anywhere near any of that in planning. That's you guys catching Oregon. For two, no, and you know it. We cannot post $100million+ to endow all of the positions and you know that."

Expect numerous former athletes to participate, including the likes of Ford and Durant. I'm sure guys like VY are a given. 

I’m sure VY can lead the marketing side but not sure he has any money to be spending on NIL.😂

• Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting