Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

10 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Yeah. I think probably too. Cristobal is good at recruiting.  At Oregon.  Where they drop massive bags.  Wouldn't want. Doesn't mean I think Sark works out here. Just that there is a roadmap to it working out.  IF that roadmap doesn't happen by the end of portal season and coach hiring season I'm of the opinion it can't/won't ever happen.  he's got about 2 months before I'm completely off the bandwaggon CTJ style. Maybe I'm an idiot for holding out a little hope and saying I'd give him 13 months on the job before I declare him a complete failure.  

@closetojumping has been wrong before and he may be right about Sark, but I’m gonna choose blind optimism.  To quote Robert the Bruce, “I don’t want to lose heart!  I want to believe…as he does!”

But, in 2 months if we haven’t made power moves in the portal and/or hired Gary Patterson I’ll be checked out like Coach Klein reviewing film in the Waterboy.

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

SO-if we have $8,000,000 from the one deal to spend and the other deal is worth as much and it was a $15,000,000 salary cap how would you spend it?

$1,000,000  QB 1

$500,000 to a really talented developmental QB

$1,000,000 to WR room

250k per starting lineman

100k per lineman 6, 7 & 8 on team

100k per lineman that's a top 100 guy

200k starting TE

that's about 5 million.

$500k per rush end starter (1 million)

$200k to top 4 interior linemen

250k to top LB

200k to next LB

250 to starting corners

250 to each safety

150 to nickel back.

That's about 4 million.

Then the other 50 or so guys split the other 5 million- or special all american type bonus for a position that's under paid.  I'd probably go to 5 million for an all american QB. 

Apparently, you cannot pay for performance.

What happens if your starting RG gets hurt or replaced. What happens if your developmental QB gets homesick?

39 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

SO-if we have $8,000,000 from the one deal to spend and the other deal is worth as much and it was a $15,000,000 salary cap how would you spend it?

$1,000,000  QB 1

$500,000 to a really talented developmental QB

$1,000,000 to WR room

250k per starting lineman

100k per lineman 6, 7 & 8 on team

100k per lineman that's a top 100 guy

200k starting TE

that's about 5 million.

$500k per rush end starter (1 million)

$200k to top 4 interior linemen

250k to top LB

200k to next LB

250 to starting corners

250 to each safety

150 to nickel back.

That's about 4 million.

Then the other 50 or so guys split the other 5 million- or special all american type bonus for a position that's under paid.  I'd probably go to 5 million for an all american QB. 

NIL is probably a place where OU falls behind other schools. There are a lot of OU fans who feel that Sooner players need OU more than OU needs them. They believe that state pride and Sooner Magic are real motivators. They also resent of 18 year old making 6 figures to play a game in college.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Ummm is he saying Quinn is going to A&M?

Sorry if I'm being a paranoid bitch

That’s how I read it too. If this MOTHAFUCKA ends up at aggy, I don’t even want to know how much alcohol I’m gonna consume in a 24 hour window

17 minutes ago, Knighthawk said:

Against my better judgement I caught up on this thread today and it seems there is near universal hate for sark and absolute certainty that he won’t succeed at Texas.   Given the predictive track record around here I would say we have our guy.  

all gas no brakes birches.  Enjoy the ride gang.  

Birch please

4 minutes ago, LarryMoeSurly said:

I’m willing to face a potential four paragraph diatribe from CTJ to say that IMO the sample size is too small on Sark. One of the best things to happen to this team this season is Worthy, which is 100% Sark. Perhaps he made the mistake, much like Mensa, that the brand would be enough to get recruits, and perhaps he’s still learning the intricacies of being a head coach.  Urban wasn’t coming, so I’m not sure who else out there would’ve been a slam sunk hire.  Mainly I’m just resigned to the fact that we have at minimum 2 more seasons of “AGNB” and that many of our current problems are the result of changing head coach every few years and DCs every year. 

And not playing the game to the same extent as Georgia, Oregon, Alabama, and Aggie

1 hour ago, quigley said:

Apparently, you cannot pay for performance.

What happens if your starting RG gets hurt or replaced. What happens if your developmental QB gets homesick?

Yeah. But what if you sold signed helmets for $100,000?  And if you were an all American QB you might sell 20 of those. Or NFT. Or whatever. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Yeah. But what if you sold signed helmets for $100,000?  And if you were an all American QB you might sell 20 of those. Or NFT. Or whatever. 

Quinn cannot sell signed stuff. He doesn't own the rights to his signature with memorabilia. That's what the huge deal was for him. 

• Hook 'Em 3

37 minutes ago, immamac said:

Quinn cannot sell signed stuff. He doesn't own the rights to his signature with memorabilia. That's what the huge deal was for him. 

Ok. What about the Oregon guy that got $100k (or was it $1,000,000?) for his nft?  
I wasn’t being literal when I was throwing out the autographed memorabilia as THE way to go. I’m ignorant as to this stuff but it’s pretty obvious that the better the performance (or the hotter you are) the more money you will make in the NiL world as a general proposition. 
I’m pretty certain people smarter than me can figure it out. 

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting