Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

We are but flailing about, grasping for anything, and everything, in the hope that the reality that is potentially before us does not materialize. For if it does, all hope is lost for an eternity. 

Ahh yes, I’d recognize that golden prose anywhere. I believe that’s “Elegy in Chateau Marmont” from the award-winning book of poetry by the bard of our time, Charlie Sheen, known as A Piece of My Mind. Well done. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Harvdog said:

I thought it was strange that Sark was saving his in-home visits for later.  With Jimbo showing up and not sitting in the corner watching, my first thought was why isn’t Sark going in?  If he knew all the potential news that could be happening and was basically waiting to walk in and drop his Dick on the table after Jimbo shot his load…..that’s a MasterClass in teabagging the competition.  This is the kind of “Fuck y’all, we’re Texas” that I am all about. 

If this turns out to be remotely true (doubt it, but I’ll roll with it), then this would be some 4D chess and a shot across the bow to Jimbo.

3 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Why not?  I have no idea if he’s good enough, but if he is then who gives a shot if he decommitted. 

He’s a guy that that was close with Stewart, Ewers, Phaison initially.  Getting him on board was going to help with Ewers and Stewart back the .  Since then, he’s been flirting with anyone that would take him.  He does not have committable offers from LSU, aggy, ou, or any decent regional schools.  He decided to decommit and choose Michigan state.  I really don’t care to take JAGs.  We have a roster full of them.  See if you can instead get a better proven fit from the portal and sell Ewers instead of wasting a scholarship.

Same with Gilbeau.  He tried to commit to LSU and aggy and both told him he didn’t have a spot.  He chose TCU.  Then came crawling back to Texas when he realized his coaches recruiting him there won’t be there.  He’s also a JAG.  Neg me all you want, but I’m okay passing on guys that are fringe P5 players.  Especially ones that aren’t exactly fully invested in our program. These guys tend to be high bust and and transfer candidates.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Winfield is overrated but I think Texas would still take him. 

If he can catch, then Texas should take him. They don't have WRs to can consistently catch the ball. Sark's scheme can get him open. The only reason you don't take him is you hit on all your top targets.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

this guy better make a big jump year 2 at LB.. if not I need to see some more of Ford/Ghenda.. Seeing them hit the holes and deliver hits over DO trying to run around .. was great to see vs KSU

He regressed this year.  Honestly, we made a mistake not retaining Hutzler.  He really had DMO playing at a high level with week to week improvement.  He even got Juwan Mitchell to play as well as he could given he was a head case.  Choate fucking sucks.

I’m also not sure PK is utilizing him to his strengths. 

Edited by victory88
  • Hook 'Em 5

Just now, victory88 said:

He regressed this year.  Honestly, we made a mistake not retaining Hutzler.  He really had DMO playing at a high level with week to week improvement.  He even got Juwan Mitchell to play as well as he could given he was a head case.  Choate fucking sucks.

He played well until he got hurt. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

this guy better make a big jump year 2 at LB.. if not I need to see some more of Ford/Ghenda.. Seeing them hit the holes and deliver hits over DO trying to run around .. was great to see vs KSU

Is Overshown too big to move back to safety? 

I think initially the idea of Overshown moving to LB made a lot of sense but man he just doesn't have the instincts to play LB. Maybe that comes with better coaching and more experience, I dunno. 

I'm starting to wonder if we were all wrong about Overshown being a better fit at LB. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, victory88 said:

He wasn't that great at LB last year either. Made big plays which got people excited but for every big play there were 2 or 3 plays where he would hit the wrong gap or completely run himself out of the play. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, victory88 said:

OR Demarvion missed all of last offseason, failed to get stronger, came into camp out of shape, and missed crucial reps in the spring which caused him to be behind the curve in learning a new defensive scheme.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Lulz, IT says Winfield already wants back in. 

That tells you a lot regarding the Ewers thing IMO...I'd take him back tbh

Justin Wells:

Inside Texas gathers news and notes on some of UT's priority prospects - Evan Stewart, Armani Winfield, and Malik Agbo. Enjoy the morning edition.

WR Evan Stewart, Liberty (Frisco, TX) (TEXAS A&M) - 2022: It’s been less than a week since the 6-foot, 180-pound On3 No. 1 overall wide receiver for 2022 committed to Texas A&M.

One of the most polarizing prospects in this cycle was down to UT, Alabama, and the Aggies. While it remains to be seen how much Nick Saban is pushing, Texas and coach Jeff Banks aren’t going down without a fight.

Sources tells IT after Stewart’s pledge on Tuesday night, he spoke with Banks for two hours. And since then, the two have been in touch regularly.

Texas isn’t going to stop recruiting the five-star receiver until the NSD fax comes in. There’s also other variables in place that certainly benefit the Longhorns, and we’ll continue to follow that trend line.

WR Armani Winfield, Lewisville (Lewisville, TX) - 2022: The On3 four-star pass-catcher and one-time Texas pledge recently de-committed from the Horns in the middle of the UT-KSU game with most still coming out of Thanksgiving Day comas. Not ideal in Steve Sarkisian’s eyes.

He’d been convinced, with help from Michigan State, that he would be better off keeping his options open. Sources tell IT that Winfield would welcome an opportunity back in UT’s Class of 2022.

He was Sarkisian’s first pledge after he joined the Horns, and remains close to the Longhorns prospects in this class.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see him back in Austin, if the staff believes he’s ready to put pen-to-paper. We’re monitoring this.

OL Malik Agbo, Todd Beamer (Federal Way, WA) - 2022: The 6-foot-5.5, 320-pound On3 consensus four-star is one of the nicest, most out-going prospects on the Texas radar. His official trip to Austin couldn’t have gone much better aside from losing the game, and he’s a regular in group chats with the Texas commits.

His decision is December 15th and it appears to be a Texas-Auburn battle. IT believes Agbo is a strong candidate to end up in the 2022 group. He's built a nice bond with the UT commits in this cycle and that might help put the Horns over the top.

• Hook 'Em 1

That tells you a lot regarding the Ewers thing IMO...I'd take him back tbh

Justin Wells:
Inside Texas gathers news and notes on some of UT's priority prospects - Evan Stewart, Armani Winfield, and Malik Agbo. Enjoy the morning edition.

WR Evan Stewart, Liberty (Frisco, TX) (TEXAS A&M) - 2022: It’s been less than a week since the 6-foot, 180-pound On3 No. 1 overall wide receiver for 2022 committed to Texas A&M.

One of the most polarizing prospects in this cycle was down to UT, Alabama, and the Aggies. While it remains to be seen how much Nick Saban is pushing, Texas and coach Jeff Banks aren’t going down without a fight.

Sources tells IT after Stewart’s pledge on Tuesday night, he spoke with Banks for two hours. And since then, the two have been in touch regularly.

Texas isn’t going to stop recruiting the five-star receiver until the NSD fax comes in. There’s also other variables in place that certainly benefit the Longhorns, and we’ll continue to follow that trend line.

WR Armani Winfield, Lewisville (Lewisville, TX) - 2022: The On3 four-star pass-catcher and one-time Texas pledge recently de-committed from the Horns in the middle of the UT-KSU game with most still coming out of Thanksgiving Day comas. Not ideal in Steve Sarkisian’s eyes.

He’d been convinced, with help from Michigan State, that he would be better off keeping his options open. Sources tell IT that Winfield would welcome an opportunity back in UT’s Class of 2022.

He was Sarkisian’s first pledge after he joined the Horns, and remains close to the Longhorns prospects in this class.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see him back in Austin, if the staff believes he’s ready to put pen-to-paper. We’re monitoring this.

OL Malik Agbo, Todd Beamer (Federal Way, WA) - 2022: The 6-foot-5.5, 320-pound On3 consensus four-star is one of the nicest, most out-going prospects on the Texas radar. His official trip to Austin couldn’t have gone much better aside from losing the game, and he’s a regular in group chats with the Texas commits.

His decision is December 15th and it appears to be a Texas-Auburn battle. IT believes Agbo is a strong candidate to end up in the 2022 group. He's built a nice bond with the UT commits in this cycle and that might help put the Horns over the top.

Michigan state doesn’t want him
Anymore?

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting