Vic Mackey

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, nnm said:

Common sight in the environs around our family ranch in Lea County, NM:

coyote-owyhees-oct-8-2010.jpg?w=364

Yeah, I've seen that a lot. Not as much more recently, but back in the day, there would be coyotes hanging on fences all over the place.

I've always wondered if that actually deters them from coming onto the property.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Yeah, I've seen that a lot. Not as much more recently, but back in the day, there would be coyotes hanging on fences all over the place.

I've always wondered if that actually deters them from coming onto the property.

Only if they are on crossing a state border fence without consent from their parole officer.  As you know, they are not really pack animals.  They have a familial living structure but usually hunt/roam alone, only doing the one-off pair hunt if absolutely necessary or as a compromise of sorta "we'll eat this shit together then go our separate ways because we're both clearly starving and can't find each other and the prey."  Most of the time the coyote sees that shit and thinks, "welp, better them than me...I'll go this way and see what's what now that this fool has taken one for the team."  It's not a deterrent so much as just kill the fucker before it kills your livestock/pets.  I get it.  It works.  

• Like 1

the more I read about Brazil, the more wild wild west it seems.

Although Brad Williams had a really funny bit about going to the Olympics in 2016 and he (like all American tourists) were told by the US State Dept to

A) not stand out, B) look local, and C) have a working cheap throw away cell phone that you give to the thieves WHEN (not IF) they hold you up.

Brad Williams of course having dwarfism, automatically meant he was fucked on A & B, and yes, he got held up for the phone and some cash