Piece of shit kills 6 YO boy in road rage incident

Superhero

26 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I was thinking accessory after the fact the she would have essentially been the getaway driver

Probably this, but she just witnessed a maniac shoot a gun into a car.  And now he's next to her - with said gun.  Wondering if she was coerced to get away and STFU... maybe not since they probably didn't know they killed someone until later (news).  But when they found out... well now we got ourselves a HUGE pressure situation and coercion is possible.

Edited by phdhorn

5 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

A couple of people on here are saying "no way" but again I don't think so.  If you habituate crime, your moral compass sinks to near zero and you can do shit over and over and not blink when the pressure is on.  But my guess is that these twats are just greenies with shitty dispositions and tempers.  And if someone's like that in the first place (i.e. idiotic and volatile), that same personality trait will eventually well up in them to "act." 

Add to this now that the driver now has the additional pressure of wondering if the shooter is going to threaten her - "you tell and you'll regret it."  Or maybe just feeling the pressure of wondering if this shooter will get riled up that there's a witness and wondering if/when he's coming at her.  Don't tell me she's not under a ton of pressure here to give it up, especially because at this point she'd get the lesser of the sentences.

It's totally possible that they've been involved in crime before, and if so it'll make it more difficult for them to fess up.  But I still think there will be something, some way that one or both of them can't live with the pressure.  I would assume that they had no idea that a kid was in the back seat, or intended to kill anyone.  But now that his temper has rewarded him with a killing, that's a whole 'nother level of existence.  People crack eventually.  I think one at least will if they haven't done illegal shit before this.

I see what you did there, Now This.  

11 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

Probably this, but she just witnessed a maniac shoot a gun into a car.  And now he's next to her - with said gun.  Wondering if she was coerced to get away and STFU... maybe not since they probably didn't know they killed someone until later (news).  But when they found out... well now we got ourselves a HUGE pressure situation and coercion is possible.

HEADLINE:  WOMAN FOUND DEAD IN WHITE JETTA:  FILM AT 11:00

Edited by Onboard 2.0

Just now, fattyflattie said:

@phdhorn I was talking about the mom.  She had a lapse of judgment, “gestured” towards the wrong person, and now her little baby is dead.  That’s a lot of guilt to carry on ones shoulders.   Man. Tragedy. 

Ah, got ya.  Yeah, that I can't imagine.  That will cripple her for the rest of her life.
It's a good object lesson that it's best sometimes to shrug shoulders and just let it go (although of course I don't blame her for this evil done).

Reward now up to $300,000. New details still haven’t been released (were promised earlier today.) 

• $100,000: Reward approved by Orange County supervisors
  • $50,000: Reward motioned by Supervisor Don Wagner
  • $50,000: Reward matched by Supervisor Katrina Foley
  • $50,000: Reward pooled by the boy's family via crowdfunding efforts
  • $50,000: Reward from a new funding source

Edited by Nicole44

• 2 weeks later...

Wow. Was worried this might not happen. Arrests have been made! Fuck ya! Press conference later today.

The suspects have been identified as Marcus Anthony Eriz, 24, and Wynne Lee, 23.

The more than two-week manhunt came to an end Sunday with the arrest of Eriz and Lee at their home in Costa Mesa, according to the California Highway Patrol, which said they are expected to be charged with murder. The suspects are being held on $1 million bail each.

https://abc7.com/news-conference-expected-today-after-arrests-in-aiden-leos-case/10756264/

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

I believe Aiden’s funeral was Saturday but he is being buried in a private ceremony today. Glad they got the suspects. It sounds like they had been under surveillance for a bit of time. It would certainly be helpful at trial to show them, if possible, going about their normal lives/not outwardly broken up over murdering a 6 year old boy. At least I hope that’s what the surveillance will show because these two fuckers deserve jail. 

4 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I believe Aiden’s funeral was Saturday but he is being buried in a private ceremony today. Glad they got the suspects. It sounds like they had been under surveillance for a bit of time. It would certainly be helpful at trial to show them, if possible, going about their normal lives/not outwardly broken up over murdering a 6 year old boy. At least I hope that’s what the surveillance will show because these two fuckers deserve jail. 

They are going to jail regardless. Personally, I hope they feel terrible about it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

On March 3, 2018, he took to Instagram to share a meme that says, “I’m not gay. I just love miatas.”

Keep repeating that to yourself in the prison showers, asshole. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

They are going to jail regardless. Personally, I hope they feel terrible about it. 

On a personal level ya. But at trial when their defense attorneys will likely do the he shot/no she shot (bc the victim wasn’t entirely sure who had the weapon?) and then try to pull the whole, “They were terrified. Totally upset.” If the prosecution can show that they were going about their lives it helps with punishment sentence. Jmo. I think about it from a trial perspective and what their attorneys will do at trial. To mitigate. 

20 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

He’s a walking stereotype. Pictures of the gun on his social media too. Bright fella. 

According the link I sent, she has mental health issues and has been suicidal on and off over the years. 

• Rage+1 1

17 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I think they found the shell casing. Pretty impressive police work if this is indeed the case. 

they were also able to trace and track the exact vehicle. they have had these two losers under surveillance for a few days. 

10758580_060721-mugs-split.jpg?w=800&r=16%3A9

“Eriz' Instagram page displayed videos that show him shooting various types of firearms on a range.

A married couple that owns Platinum Collision, an auto body shop in Corona, described Eriz as a former employee who stopped working at the small business in January.

"His Instagram page is false," said Tom Gregg, referring to the suspect's social media page that suggested he still worked at the shop.

Gregg and his wife, Stephanie Gregg, condemned the fatal shooting, which she described as "devastating," and expressed their condolences to Aiden's family. "To have any kind of link is just too much," Stephanie Gregg said.”

———————

"Three families have been unnecessarily torn apart and a beautiful little boy is now gone, all over a lane change," said county Supervisor Katrina Foley. "We must demand justice and accountability for such hate and lack of self-control."

Community groups and local government agencies contributed to a reward fund that grew to at least $500,000 to find the suspects.

On Monday, CHP officials said they weren't prepared to discuss whether any reward money will be paid out after the arrest of the two suspects.”

https://abc7.com/authorities-give-details-on-arrest-of-suspects-in-aiden-leos-death/10756264/

Very few details released in the presser today other than CHP has recovered the vehicle in question. No idea about the weapon and they didn’t specify if they could prove if it was Lee or Eriz that fired the weapon just that it is believed that Eriz was the passenger and Lee the driver and that he fired the fatal shot that went through the trunk of the car and killed Aiden. Sick shit.

Edited by Nicole44

9 hours ago, Deej said:

Keep repeating that to yourself in the prison showers, asshole. 

On March 3, 2018, he took to Instagram to share a meme that says, “I’m not gay. I just love miatas.”

I mean, if that's NOT a reason to get nowthised, I don't know what the hell is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Most sites are saying police have also recovered the weapon in addition to the vehicle. These assholes will be arraigned tomorrow so we will see what all the charges will be. 

"We're in the process of evaluating the evidence so it would be unfair and potentially prejudicial to put out charges we don't eventually file," Orange County District Attorney Todd Spitzer said at a news conference discussing the potential charges. 

"I will say in general that when you shoot at an occupied vehicle with a gun, that's an inherently dangerous act," Spitzer said, adding it is especially dangerous on a freeway. "When you put a bullet in someone's car, that's an inherently dangerous act that could result in someone crashing or someone hit by a bullet."

The sentence for shooting into an occupied vehicle is seven years in prison, but it carries a sentencing enhancement that could add 25 years to life, Spitzer said.

"Then, of course, there's the theory of murder for doing a reckless act that results in the death of another human being," Spitzer said. "These are the potential charges we're looking at." At a news conference last month days after the May 21 shooting, Spitzer warned the defendants to turn themselves in and suggested that he might be more lenient in his filing decision, but "they did not take me up on that offer and at this point I have absolutely no sympathy or empathy whatsoever."

That’s exactly how it should be. I have no sympathy nor empathy for them either. Not gonna criticize those of you who do have both for these two assholes. I’d rather focus my sympathy and empathy on more worthy people.

Edited by Nicole44
  • Hook 'Em 2

On 5/26/2021 at 1:32 PM, phdhorn said:

If the driver was a man would that change your opinion on the matter?

Do they really know who the shooter was and who the driver was other than shooting at someone who gives you the bird seems like more of a dude thing to do?  
I’m guessing he’ll get handed a pretty stiff penalty. He seems like a pretty unsympathetic defendant and he shot a fucking kid. Wonder what she’ll get though. 1000% her defense will be “I was afraid of what he’d do to me if I told” and there’s probably a bit of validity to that. For posterity sake, I gonna guess 2-5 for her, 20-25 range for him.

• Rage+1 1

50 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

Do they really know who the shooter was and who the driver was other than shooting at someone who gives you the bird seems like more of a dude thing to do?  
I’m guessing he’ll get handed a pretty stiff penalty. He seems like a pretty unsympathetic defendant and he shot a fucking kid. Wonder what she’ll get though. 1000% her defense will be “I was afraid of what he’d do to me if I told” and there’s probably a bit of validity to that. For posterity sake, I gonna guess 2-5 for her, 20-25 range for him.

I believe the victim’s mother identified the driver as female and the passenger as male. 

But as with any murder case, the shooter will try to blame the driver and vice versa. 

The arraignment was postponed until later this month for whatever reason. An interesting bit about bail also:

Marcus Anthony Eriz is charged with murder and discharge of a gun at an inhabited dwelling, with sentencing enhancements for causing death to the victim, 6-year-old Aiden Leos.

Wynne Lee is charged with a felony count of being an accessory after the fact and a misdemeanor count of concealed firearm in a vehicle. 

Both were scheduled to be arraigned Tuesday afternoon, but that was postponed to a later date this month. Prosecutors will ask that bail be increased to $2 million for Eriz, currently held on $1 million bail. Prosecutors will ask that Lee's bail be set at $500,000, down from the current $1 million.
—————————————-

Police said they recovered the vehicle involved in the crime as well as the weapon, CHP Assistant Chief Don Goodbrand said. He declined to comment further on the evidence. The items were not at the arrest site, highway patrol Assistant Chief Don Goodbrand told reporters Monday.

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/murder-charges-aiden-leos-shooting-55-freeway-suspects-arrested-orange-county/2611911/

2 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

The arraignment was postponed until later this month for whatever reason. An interesting bit about bail also:

Marcus Anthony Eriz is charged with murder and discharge of a gun at an inhabited dwelling, with sentencing enhancements for causing death to the victim, 6-year-old Aiden Leos.

Wynne Lee is charged with a felony count of being an accessory after the fact and a misdemeanor count of concealed firearm in a vehicle. 

Both were scheduled to be arraigned Tuesday afternoon, but that was postponed to a later date this month. Prosecutors will ask that bail be increased to $2 million for Eriz, currently held on $1 million bail. Prosecutors will ask that Lee's bail be set at $500,000, down from the current $1 million.
—————————————-

Police said they recovered the vehicle involved in the crime as well as the weapon, CHP Assistant Chief Don Goodbrand said. He declined to comment further on the evidence. The items were not at the arrest site, highway patrol Assistant Chief Don Goodbrand told reporters Monday.

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/murder-charges-aiden-leos-shooting-55-freeway-suspects-arrested-orange-county/2611911/

Prosecutors seeking a reduction in bail as to the woman (who was allegedly the driver at the time) suggests a deal may be in place or in the works to have her testify against the dude, who was allegedly the shooter.  Stay tuned for more details.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Lhorn said:

How stupid do you have to be to let them recover the gun.  It should be at the bottom of a lake. Fortunately he’s an idiot. 

This.  Anyone with a brain would have disassembled the piece and disposed of the parts in different places.

A ballistics match with the bullet that killed the kid is going to be a coffin nail for that guy, though if the cops recovered the gun at a location other than the arrest site, the DA will still need evidence tying the defendant(s) to possession of the gun.  I assume the DA has something along those lines. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Camera surveillance will play a huge role here. As well as their cell phone data. Showing where their cell phones were at different times and places plus using the camera surveillance to corroborate all that.

That’s gotta be a defense attorney’s biggest challenge now. (Boo boo) Now police has footage of your ass on every corner. Maybe dropping off the vehicle to hide with relatives. Hiding the gun. 

Don’t know how long they had these two under CHP surveillance either. My guess is they do need her to turn State’s witness and testify that he pulled the trigger. We’ll see how loyal she is to her man. 

All they needed was footage of the license plate. You can’t hide from the cameras. They are everywhere. 

They also recovered a casing at the scene. Even if he wiped the gun clean, I guarantee you he didn't wipe the shells clean when he loaded it. They will have at least a partial print to work with.

On 6/7/2021 at 4:28 PM, Nicole44 said:
10758580_060721-mugs-split.jpg?w=800&r=16%3A9

“Eriz' Instagram page displayed videos that show him shooting various types of firearms on a range.

A married couple that owns Platinum Collision, an auto body shop in Corona, described Eriz as a former employee who stopped working at the small business in January.

"His Instagram page is false," said Tom Gregg, referring to the suspect's social media page that suggested he still worked at the shop.

Gregg and his wife, Stephanie Gregg, condemned the fatal shooting, which she described as "devastating," and expressed their condolences to Aiden's family. "To have any kind of link is just too much," Stephanie Gregg said.”

———————

"Three families have been unnecessarily torn apart and a beautiful little boy is now gone, all over a lane change," said county Supervisor Katrina Foley. "We must demand justice and accountability for such hate and lack of self-control."

Community groups and local government agencies contributed to a reward fund that grew to at least $500,000 to find the suspects.

On Monday, CHP officials said they weren't prepared to discuss whether any reward money will be paid out after the arrest of the two suspects.”

https://abc7.com/authorities-give-details-on-arrest-of-suspects-in-aiden-leos-death/10756264/

Very few details released in the presser today other than CHP has recovered the vehicle in question. No idea about the weapon and they didn’t specify if they could prove if it was Lee or Eriz that fired the weapon just that it is believed that Eriz was the passenger and Lee the driver and that he fired the fatal shot that went through the trunk of the car and killed Aiden. Sick shit.

Looks methed out of his mind in that picture.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1