the soldiers are paid to fight. the rebels aren't.

henrygandorf

That thing's gotta be fake!

That ain't no fake, that's real! That's why they call him Superman!

Hey, Freddie, Freddie, where did you find this place?

Johnny Ola told me about this place. He brought me here. I didn't believe him, but seeing is believing, huh? Old man Roth would never come here, but old Johnny knows these places like the back of his hand.

Edited by BornOrange
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, BornOrange said:

That thing's gotta be fake!

That ain't no fake, that's real! That's why they call him Superman!

Hey, Freddie, Freddie, where did you find this place?

Johnny Ola told me about this place. He brought me here. I didn't believe him, but seeing is believing, huh? Old man Roth would never come here, but old Johnny knows these places like the back of his hand.

the godfather GIF

1 hour ago, WBT said:

It was an abortion! An abortion, Michael. Just like our marriage is an abortion. Something that's unholy and evil.

The slap he gave her was unscripted and her reaction was very real. 

Michael, we're bigger than U.S. Steel.

13 hours ago, Bender Bending Rodriguez said:

....Banana daiquiri 

My personal all time favorite movie. The original is somewhere in the top 5. As great as Pacino’s career went on to become, he might have peaked as Micheal Corleone in GFII. 

Well that's a pretty tall peak...

17 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:

Fredo’s wife Marianne Hill was a stone-cold fox. I wouldnt want her dancing with Troy Donahue (Merle). I dont like this Merle. I dont know what he does or what he lives on.

I know what's the matter with you.  You're just jealous because he's a real man.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, BonzoMontreaux said:

Favorite scene has no dialogue.  Michael embracing Fredo at their Momma's funeral and Michael giving the look to Neri.  The music throughout the scene is perfect.

I've always liked to think that that was all the indication Michael ever gave to whack Fredo, that there might have been a later scene where Michael confronts Neri. 

"You killed Fredo and dumped his body in the lake?!" 

"Yeah. I thought that was what you meant when you gave me that look at the funeral."

"No, you idiot.  I meant, look at this guy, blubbering like a baby in his kid brother's arms."

On 5/28/2021 at 5:17 PM, Dutch said:

Senator. You can have my offer now, if you like. My offer is this: nothing. Not even the fee for the gaming license, which I’d appreciate if you’d cover. 

One of the most cold-blooded lines of badassery in movie history.  

On 5/29/2021 at 6:16 AM, WBT said:

It was an abortion! An abortion, Michael. Just like our marriage is an abortion. Something that's unholy and evil.

On 6/2/2021 at 5:20 AM, TheStoicPaisano said:

The family had a lot of buffers.

2 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:

I’d quote DeNiro as Vito but he said everything with his expressions. Imagine seeing him for the first time in that movie.

Ask you friends in the neighborhood about me, they'll tell you I know how to return a favor.