Austin Regional Thread

Horny Bull

4 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

this reminds of a friend who we used to go to baseball games with but he wasn't really a fan.  we'd get to the 7th inning and his mantra was "any out's a good out"

That's like the old blue (ump) mantra..... "When in doubt, bang 'em out."

4 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Let me guess, he loves soccer? Or fucking lacrosse!?!? I don’t particularly care for this pal of yours 

ha. he liked drinking beer and hanging out.  after 7 innings he was ready to go drink beer somewhere else.

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

ha. he liked drinking beer and hanging out.  after 7 innings he was ready to go drink beer somewhere else.

I tell everyone I go to an Astros game with (business clients) we can go whenever you want, I’ve got season tickets- I go to a ton of games, let me know. 
most people get it reasonably right but some people gotta stay for the last pitch down 9-2 and that sucks, and some want to leave when it’s 2-1 in the 7th and that sucks too. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Every board is the same. It’s “locals rule!!?!” and a sense of uniqueness the Internet forums over. Recruiting board, basketball board, baseball board, you name it. Same as places like Barking Carnival or Crawfish Boxes or their ilk. God forbid someone not worship solely at the altar of advanced statistics and feel like chaos and human emotion might play roles in performances and managerial decision making. And you’re not a regular there, wherever “there” is? You better not mess up once or we will fucking kill you, and by that I mean crowdsource you.  

I read the boards throughout the year and watch the games. Played the game and did it at an elite level. I enjoy the advanced statistics and the regulars who post. I just don’t see why it’s the end of the world if WinningIsHard or someone else like him shows up with a different POV. You guys fucking melted down on the Big 12 Conf Tourney thread and now it’s turned into the hyperbole of “all of the recruiting board posters” and the premise that that crew isn’t thoughtful. 

It’s worthy of mockery. And hell, I find most of the posts and posters here entertaining or I wouldn’t read them. 

Zach Galifianakis Thank You GIF

erection GIF

I concur though, echo chambers are real lucci and aggy board esque. I’m all for people chiming in and bringing some different view points. If for whatever reason I’m not somebody’s cup of tea they can add me to the man from the future fucktard list. 

3 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

Zach Galifianakis Thank You GIF

erection GIF

I concur though, echo chambers are real lucci and aggy board esque. I’m all for people chiming in and bringing some different view points. If for whatever reason I’m not somebody’s cup of tea they can add me to the man from the future fucktard list. 

You just made the list 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I tell everyone I go to an Astros game with (business clients) we can go whenever you want, I’ve got season tickets- I go to a ton of games, let me know. 
most people get it reasonably right but some people gotta stay for the last pitch down 9-2 and that sucks, and some want to leave when it’s 2-1 in the 7th and that sucks too. 

yeah. the best idea if you are going with people who aren't that into baseball is to get there about the end of 3rd.  2 hours and you get to see the end of the game regardless.

Just now, ztejas said:

This Southern guy is throwing some good stuff. 

I swear they threw their worst pitcher out against us to start yesterday's game.

Yeah and Fairfield threw a guy with 3 innings on the year last night.  Today's starter for them had great stats

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

I'm here at the athletic center by the high school to watch my little brother play basketball. Fucking $19 for a one day ticket to watch 17 year olds play basketball. 

Just take in a broom and dustpan.....tell’m you work there......sweep a little and enjoy!

Anyone remember the good old days when games took 2 to 2-1/2 hours to play - oftentimes less - because not every MLB game was on TV and pitchers pitched complete games instead of an endless parade of pitching changes?  Remember that?

Edited by ImissWallyPryor

4 minutes ago, thrillhammer said:

what fucking delay?  i'm in austin and not gotten a drop of rain all day.

Lightning.  Any strikes within 8 miles cause a 30 minute delay.  There were some heavy storms that moved through Westlake area around noon.

5 minutes ago, mr. sunshine said:

I hope they don’t cut away from this Rose Bowl. This Vince Young chap is quite good at the football 

Two best teams I’ve ever seen in college football. And they met in the rose bowl for the NC. The only real difference was the secondary. We had an elite NFL secondary and USCs was pretty mediocre. Well and VY of course. 

10 minutes ago, mr. sunshine said:

Keith Jackson just said “times out” so huzzah to whoever started that fucking thread 

He also said, "how sweet the wine," and "the clock didn't run!" (on the PAT)

Therefore, times out is wrong. QED BBQ

• Hook 'Em 1