2021 College World Series Thread

TrashMaster G

10 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Wait....WTF?

You know that over half your team isn't vaxxed (and thus is subject to the protocols).

You know that there's a "bug" going around your team.

And you just DGAF, and let them expose over half your team -- requiring isolation per the protocols that you knew about in step 1?

Jesus. What a dumbass.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Wait....WTF?

You know that over half your team isn't vaxxed (and thus is subject to the protocols).

You know that there's a "bug" going around your team.

And you just DGAF, and let them expose over half your team -- requiring isolation per the protocols that you knew about in step 1?

Jesus. What a dumbass.

the bug was Sunday/Monday apparently. it could have been non Covid related.  they are tested every other day so they would have failed before this.

1 minute ago, hayden_horn said:

hahahaha wtf.

half the team was unvaxxed? how is that even a thing? that's amazing. now they are going to field a team of 13? unbelievable. i'd be furious if this happened to texas. our guys are vaxxed, right?

I believe Pierce said all our guys were vaxed a while back.

1 minute ago, hayden_horn said:

hahahaha wtf.

half the team was unvaxxed? how is that even a thing? that's amazing. now they are going to field a team of 13? unbelievable. i'd be furious if this happened to texas. our guys are vaxxed, right?

This.  If this was happening to Texas right now, I'd want CDC's and Pierce's heads on a platter.

Alternative version:

895e86fd-e817-4292-9e32-8051889ae051_tex

2 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

hahahaha wtf.

Craig Way has talked about this.  required to be vaxxed to be on the team, along with all trainers, student helpers, announcers, docs, everyone.    He had to be vaxxed just to be allowed on the plane.

• Hook 'Em 2

And I didn't hear one player or his family bitch or whine about it being unfair or unconstitutional for the vaccine to be required.  The conversation was simple, you want to be a good teammate, and you wanna wear that "TEXAS" across your chest...you take your shots like a man and go out and take out any anger you might have about that on the opposing pitcher.  

3 minutes ago, Lobo said:

And I didn't hear one player or his family bitch or whine about it being unfair or unconstitutional for the vaccine to be required.  The conversation was simple, you want to be a good teammate, and you wanna wear that "TEXAS" across your chest...you take your shots like a man and go out and take out any anger you might have about that on the opposing pitcher.  

Meanwhile, Hudson Card is out here missing two weeks of spring practice when he's in the middle of a QB dogfight. Smart.

Of course i'm pulling for the current N.C. State squad.  They did what a good teammate would do and tried to protect their guys from disease spread.  And then they went out and played great baseball the first two games of this CWS.  They're moving to positions they haven't played since high school or Pony Leagues and have to lift each other up once again because half their teammates are selfish idiots.  Sugarcoat if you want to, these 13 guys aren't folding, they're heading into what could be an embarrassing 18 innings and it's just the 13 of 'em out there on an island with one helluva big fucking dipshit for a coach.