2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

29 minutes ago, Mother mopar said:
39 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:
that one bit on portal players is interesting. Rattler? 

There was a $9.95 report saying Texas staff had offers out to some portal players but asked that the names not be public.

ANd our $9.95ers honored that request??? Normally they fall all over themselves to fuck the program reporting on shit that hurts Texas.

19 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

ANd our $9.95ers honored that request??? Normally they fall all over themselves to fuck the program reporting on shit that hurts Texas.

Eh, that's mostly the OB crew and occasionally Chip. The other ones tend to only let things slip by being too "ooooo I have a secret but I'll only give you five hints" about it.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Red Five said:

How was that guy able to play like that while living in Las Vegas? I’ve been told living in Austin prevents that kind of stuff. Weird.

Obviously he gambled all his shit away and needs an NFL payday to pay off the loan sharks.

Edited by Bevo14
  • Haha 1

To immediately upgrade this Texas team for 2022, bringing in good transfers in a few key positions is critical.  Not sure how all of this is currently being handed, but the staff has to really step up here.

If Patterson is added as Assistant to Head Coach, his first assignment should be working on talent evaluation of all the available players in the transfer portal.  Get him in a film room and go to work GP !!!  

• Hook 'Em 1

Of all the players actually in the portal - the UNLV LB () and the V-Tech WR (Tayvion Robinson) are the two I'd love to see us go after.

We need to keep at least one spot open for a QB

We need at least one Tackle and probably another portal OL

Another LB and maybe a TE (Billingsley?) to round out 7 portal spots?

QB, WR, TE, OT, IOL, LB, LB

1 minute ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Of all the players actually in the portal - the UNLV LB () and the V-Tech WR (Tayvion Robinson) are the two I'd love to see us go after.

I think we take at least 10.

• Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

The Maryland LB might be #1 for me (not the off field issues one, the other one)

7 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Looks good, and I agree. We will also likely have more portals, because we aren't signing 26 HS kids.

Jeff Howe posted this in response to a question on how many portal players you can take. Does this mean we could actually take more than 8 portal players as long as they're replacing outgoing transfers? For this cycle only.

You can take as many as you want.

What the NCAA is allowing teams to do in this cycle only is any player who enters the portal after Dec. 15 or the end of the fall semester, whichever comes first, can be replaced with another counter.

2 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Jeff Howe posted this in response to a question on how many portal players you can take. Does this mean we could actually take more than 8 portal players as long as they're replacing outgoing transfers? For this cycle only.

You can take as many as you want.

What the NCAA is allowing teams to do in this cycle only is any player who enters the portal after Dec. 15 or the end of the fall semester, whichever comes first, can be replaced with another counter.

Does that mean all the people entering the portal right now can't be "replaced" by an incoming transferee? That's what his wording sounds like, but that just seems to incentive schools to lie to kids until Dec. 15 so that they can be replaced? 

2 minutes ago, Dummy said:

Does that mean all the people entering the portal right now can't be "replaced" by an incoming transferee? That's what his wording sounds like, but that just seems to incentive schools to lie to kids until Dec. 15 so that they can be replaced? 

Or until the end of the semester which is probably sooner. But yeah it kinda sounds that way which would be dumb. I have no idea though.

FWIW - IT continues to say Texas will be very active in the portal and expects Texas to land/announce a portal commitment next week - not the UNLV LB though they think Texas has a good chance there as well.

IT expects Coburn, Jamison, and Cook to return.  Overshown is a probably.  BJ Foster is likely to portal/declare.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Hiphopopotamos said:

FWIW - IT continues to say Texas will be very active in the portal and expects Texas to land/announce a portal commitment next week - not the UNLV LB though they think Texas has a good chance there as well.

IT expects Coburn, Jamison, and Cook to return.  Overshown is a probably.  BJ Foster is likely to portal/declare.

Foster better not be allowed to fucking return. I'm surprised on Coburn but whatever. Those other 3 are good news.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Schulz2.0 said:

I think we take at least 10.

I'm still very confused on how many we are allowed to take. Some say 7-8, Jeff Howe is saying it's however many we lose to the portal (for this cycle only). And maybe there are ways to manipulate it. Idk the truth.

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)