2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

closetojumping

49 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

And in addition if he transfers where there’s actual competition and he loses, another transfer is much more penal and means he sits his 3rd year and hasn’t played in his 3 years. 

whereas at Texas the playing time is all but guaranteed but the winning big is not.

you misspelled "painal"

4 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

And in addition if he transfers where there’s actual competition and he loses, another transfer is much more penal and means he sits his 3rd year and hasn’t played in his 3 years. 

whereas at Texas the playing time is all but guaranteed but the winning big is not.

Texas despite having a shit roster was an average QB away from 7+ wins. ISU and Arkansas were absolute cluster fucks, but every other game was very winnable and we saw our QBs absolutely play like shit for good stretches against OSU, OU, WVU, Baylor, and Kansas.

The way Sarkisian has scheduled his in homes for next week seems to indicate a very real reason for it, not to mention not visiting Brown at all.

Edited by HtownHorn

14 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

The way Sarkisian has scheduled his in homes for next week seems to indicate a very real reason for it, not to mention not visiting Brown at all.

He was scheduled to visit Brown next week, as well. * Or this weekend.

Edited by Coelenterate Fuccboi

38 minutes ago, ONE YARD said:

One benefit of not being in a bowl (🤮) is that sark Can put on a full courtpress for transfers without the risk of alienating a stater right before the big bowl game.  

😑

Except he’s having to handle transfers behind closed doors so he doesn’t scare away any HS recruits before NSD. 

21 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

this is a big one. FAST

From Patrick Murphy (Bucknuts 247)

Spoiler

With the college football regular season coming to an end, there will be tough decisions made by players and coaches across the country. Those not happy with their roles on a team may elect to make a change, which sometimes means looking for a new program. Ohio State already experienced this with quarterback Jack Miller, who announced his intentions to transfer last Sunday, and Quinn Ewers, who told the team his intentions on Friday and entered the portal on Saturday.

Another Buckeye is departing the program as well. Third-year sophomore safety/linebacker Craig Young has entered the transfer portal, Bucknuts has learned.

Young was a three-star prospect and the country's 34th ranked athlete, per the 247Sports Composite, in the 2019 recruiting class coming out of Wayne High School in Fort Wayne, Indiana. He committed to the Scarlet and Gray in June of 2018 over scholarship offers from other Big Ten schools such as Indiana, Iowa, Michigan State, Purdue and Wisconsin.

Despite playing in four games at linebacker as a true freshman, and recording five total tackles, Young redshirted his first year in Columbus. Young played in just two games for Ohio State in the COVID-shortened 2020 season and recorded four total tackles.

Coming into this year, Young was projected by many as the starter for the Buckeyes at the hybrid Bullet position after a productive spring that was capped with two tackles and a pass break up in the spring game. However, once the season began, Scarlet and Gray fans saw more of Ronnie Hickman at the position and more looks with a cover safety of Marcus Williamson or Lathan Ransom on the field, limiting Young to 132 total snaps.

Young played his most defensive snaps of the year in Ohio State's final home game against Michigan State, getting on the field for 24 defensive plays and recording three total tackles. That was followed, however, with just six snaps played against rivals Michigan in the final game of the season. Young finished the year with 15 total tackles and an interception against Maryland that he returned for a touchdown.

What's next for the Buckeyes? Make sure you're in the loop -- take five seconds to sign up for our FREE Buckeyes newsletter now!

Want the latest scoops and news on the Buckeyes? Try our 7-DAY FREE TRIAL AND BECOME A BUCKNUTS SUBSCRIBER!

“He’s had a great attitude all year,” head coach Ryan Day said after the win against the Spartans. “Because of that, he’s playing late in the season for us. He’s a very important part of our defense. He’s worked really, really hard. His attitude’s being great, and so here we are in some of our biggest games, and he’s out there.”

Despite what Day said, Young elected to look elsewhere for a bigger role on defense and put his name in the transfer portal.

• Hook 'Em 3

21 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

If Sark can’t close on this firing on the spot might not be enough. I would suggest keelhaul him and then hang his worthless ass from a yard arm. 
if we get him and Gary Paterson I’m all onboard the kool aid train. 

sherby doesn't think we hang people from yardarms anymore.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

The Ohio St linebacker's career up to this point does not inspire confidence that he would be much help here.  Limited snaps and not much impact when he did play.  Sounds like someone who ends up 2nd string to a walk-on under the current staff.

Edited by kevwun

3 minutes ago, Big Woodrows said:

Venables leaving. He's an Austin guy who we were in contention for. Would be a great get (started for them as a Tr FR) but I'm guessing pure wishful thinking at this point

edit: ACC defensive rookie of the year too

Edited by Tex-19
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

3 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Venables leaving. He's an Austin guy who we were in contention for. Would be a great get (started for them as a Tr FR) but I'm guessing pure wishful thinking at this point

Think he was on a freshman all America team too. Looks like he was also the ACC defensive roty.

Edited by Bevo14

8 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

I accidentally posted this to the main recruiting board with the comment that I hope we are being aggressive at WR behind the scenes.

Almost nothing has leaked out about any portal moves we’re making aside from Ewers and the LB from UNLV.

When I think of this staff's approach to recruiting, I think of speed and aggression.*

*Except you , Bo, you're cool.

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 1

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)