2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

closetojumping

2 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Started 12 games in 2019.  Missed all of 2020 with an injury.  Looks like he started the first few games this past season.  Was he replaced or injured again?  Started against tOSU, Colorado, Miami, so those were games early in the year.

Sounds like a take for depth, which I'm cool with. Counting on him to be a starter would be quite risky.

56 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

Iowa QB Deuce Hogan in the portal. 

In a Facebook post, Hogan's mother, Amy, wrote that her son is leaving the program because of a joke made by coach Kirk Ferentz during a press conference.

"Deuce did not leave Iowa because of playing time... The head coach slandered him in a press conference," she wrote in a Facebook post on Wednesday. "Very out of character for the coach... he was trying to be funny... unfortunately, there was no backtracking on his mistake. He has since apologized to Deuce, the team, and the media. But Deuce cannot play for him... and everyone in the facility understands why."

Deuce's mom is .... spongeworthy.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

2 hours ago, Hornlover said:

Iowa QB Deuce Hogan in the portal. 

In a Facebook post, Hogan's mother, Amy, wrote that her son is leaving the program because of a joke made by coach Kirk Ferentz during a press conference.

"Deuce did not leave Iowa because of playing time... The head coach slandered him in a press conference," she wrote in a Facebook post on Wednesday. "Very out of character for the coach... he was trying to be funny... unfortunately, there was no backtracking on his mistake. He has since apologized to Deuce, the team, and the media. But Deuce cannot play for him... and everyone in the facility understands why."

Seems like he got revved up after being blinded by the slight.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

When asked about QB and who would play because the starting QB and backup had the flu:

“If it was Deuce, with all due respect to Deuce, I might have stayed in Iowa City,” Ferentz said.

We can talk about soft athletes, etc., but that's a pretty shitty thing for the coach to say in a press conference.  The joke is that one of his players is so bad that the team might as well not even play if he is going to play.

2 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

When asked about QB and who would play because the starting QB and backup had the flu:

“If it was Deuce, with all due respect to Deuce, I might have stayed in Iowa City,” Ferentz said.

5 minutes ago, Texas Wahoo said:

We can talk about soft athletes, etc., but that's a pretty shitty thing for the coach to say in a press conference.  The joke is that one of his players is so bad that the team might as well not even play if he is going to play.

No, no, no. He said "with all due respect to Deuce" , so that nullifies everything.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Started 12 games in 2019.  Missed all of 2020 with an injury.  Looks like he started the first few games this past season.  Was he replaced or injured again?  Started against tOSU, Colorado, Miami, so those were games early in the year.

Not just any injury, an Achilles tear. Apparently he fell off after that: https://redd.it/q6o394

5 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Does he have a draft evaluation?  Ehh, he will probably end up at Mich. or Mich St.

He was on the Senior Bowl preseason watch list.

The UNLV LB, Windmon, looks set to go to Michigan State. He's canceling his visit foe this weekend because we apparently haven't been communicating much with him.

Edited by Schulz2.0

2 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I can only assume that’s because we have some other BAMF lined up because otherwise, WTF?

He cited Overshown coming back as part of his decision. Sounded like we've been more focused on finishing out the early signing day guys than prioritizing the portal.

Here's the article:

Edited by Schulz2.0

3 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

He was on the Senior Bowl preseason watch list.

The UNLV LB, Windmon, looks set to go to Michigan State. He's canceling his visit foe this weekend because we apparently haven't been communicating much with him.

he said it's because we have a couple of linebackers coming back. Not sure who the other one besides Overshown is though. Though he also mentioned not hearing a lot from Texas other than PK I guess (he just said defensive coordinator)

11 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Those take a couple years to get back usually. Bujceski never recovered from his. 

Bujcevski didn't tear his achilles, he tore his ACL.  

The reason he didn't play this year wasn't because he was unable to make it back from injury.

28 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I can only assume that’s because we have some other BAMF lined up because otherwise, WTF?

We just picked up the commit from McKenzie, so that may have something to do with it. It may be a numbers thing at the end of the day if we do land Ewers and he brings a couple of guys with him. We currently have 4 edge guys and 2 ILBs committed if you project McKenzie to ILB. I could also see one of the edge guys transitioning inside potentially, plus the return of Overshown.  

We also might pop for 3 more linemen a receiver and possibly LTG now if Ewers comes on board. We are currently at 21 commits if you count the LS. If we sign 6 more guys that is our number I believe for freshmen. 

Edited by Vertigo

2 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

If Va had such a great O line why did they suck? Honest question, didn't pay any attention to them this year.

I can't speak to how good their O Line was because I didn't see them play this year, but Bronco Mendenhall usually has some pretty tough teams in the trenches. 

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)