2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

10 minutes ago, texifornia said:

When I think of this staff's approach to recruiting, I think of speed and aggression.*

Except you , Bo, you're cool.

Yeah, that’s what I’m worried about.

I’d love to believe that things are quiet because the staff prefers to move in silence. But them simply not doing shit with the urgency that they need to be doing it with would be on brand.

The Ewers situation will probably provide us with an answer in the next few days.

Edited by Lonestar88

20 minutes ago, RabidM said:

I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't pursue.  He didn't exactly do great things at OU.  He was highly rated, but he was a college JAG. In an offense where stat potential was huge, he was a non factor.  We're probably looking for better options. 

He was also injury prone, but I also agree that when he's been on the field he's JAG

26 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

Mims is the better WR for Texas anyway. Here’s hoping

25 minutes ago, TexasFan21 said:

There was talk a couple days that him going to Arkansas was real. I didn’t believe it but Briles must’ve sold him Burks role.

26 minutes ago, RabidM said:

I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't pursue.  He didn't exactly do great things at OU.  He was highly rated, but he was a college JAG. In an offense where stat potential was huge, he was a non factor.  We're probably looking for better options. 

22 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

He’s not in the portal, but if he goes, EVERYONE will be after him.

Theo Wease is in the portal though, and I also like him more than Haselwood. 

6 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

He was also injury prone, but I also agree that when he's been on the field he's JAG

Haselwood was injured a lot, and almost portaled last year after the season. He doesn't have the speed of Burks, but is very physical. Two recent OU WR were underwhelming in Norman and did really well for Miami and UCF. Based on this, taking OU WR may be a good investment. 

There are two OU WR who have obvious upside: Mims and Mario Williams. The rest are question marks. Hopefully, OU hires a OC/WR coach that can keep those two and Wease.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, quigley said:

Two recent OU WR were underwhelming in Norman and did really well for Miami and UCF. Based on this, taking OU WR may be a good investment. 

Taking any WR with a pulse would be an upgrade for us. I’d have happily taken Haselwood, but I do think the other WRs mentioned are better.

Arkansas is a good spot for him though.

5 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

I said the same early on. The hate runs deep…

Yea I always read that " there's not as much hate among rivals as you think."  Which I think in general it's true.  But, ou has always hated us, their coaches privately don't think "it's just a game."  Whereas, a lot of ours do.  We're god awful these days and all of their recruits still do the Horns down when they commit to ou.

5 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Yea I always read that " there's not as much hate among rivals as you think."  Which I think in general it's true.  But, ou has always hated us, their coaches privately don't think "it's just a game."  Whereas, a lot of ours do.  We're god awful these days and all of their recruits still do the Horns down when they commit to ou.

Oh and after they leave ou. It’s just what they do, horns down

1 minute ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

In the IT video chat with Nahlin and Burton - Eric confirms Texas expects to have a portal commit this week and that it’s a name fans will know and be excited about. Said they’re not releasing the name because the kid is not in the portal yet. 

That Clemson kid?

Just now, Hiphopopotamos said:

In the IT video chat with Nahlin and Burton - Eric confirms Texas expects to have a portal commit this week and that it’s a name fans will know and be excited about. Said they’re not releasing the name because the kid is not in the portal yet. 

🤞Donovan Jackson 🤞

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Drool 2

10 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Pretty sure his name hasn’t been mentioned at all on this board.

4 hours ago, Lonestar88 said:

I accidentally posted this to the main recruiting board with the comment that I hope we are being aggressive at WR behind the scenes.

Almost nothing has leaked out about any portal moves we’re making aside from Ewers and the LB from UNLV.

I think we’ll see Portal action heat up after NSD1

3 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Was today the day that we were supposed to hear about the mystery guy who wasn’t in the portal yet? Think it was an IT tease. 

IT didn't give a day - just that it was expected 'this week'.   Nahlin mentioned it in the video chat with Burton last night - so it sounds like it is still supposed to happen.

Edited by Hiphopopotamos
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

IT didn't give a day - just that it was expected 'this week'.   Nahlin mentioned it in the video chat with Burton last night - so it sounds like it is still supposed to happen.

A coach that basically said we were getting between 7-10 transfers is giving these guys the ability to sell a new commitment every week. 

30 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Well yeah, the whole team was. It's fascinating because you're taking a shot at resurrecting 2020 Penix. Big range of potential outcomes.

Obligatory 'I hear 6th Street's mother is good at resurrecting Penix. Perhaps we can put her on staff. As we all know it is her favorite position.'

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)